• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bewear upgrade or new key/profile

It defeated pheromosa when angry, it stalmated buzzwole while casual (although it retreated after) and it took dozens of blows from a pissed off guzzlord, opting not to move as to protect its kid.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Obvious no. Someone close this pls.
>Has defeated a ub, stalmated a ub and took dozens of hits from a pissed off ub.

>No.

So we ignoring the most consistent pokemon in the entire sm anime why exactly? Saying no without an explanation ain't gonna cut it, especially when it's very consistent.

It doesn't matter if its consistent, it doesnt stop it from being an insane outlier. Pikachu consistently deals with the Tapu and Ultra Beasts. We aren't upgrading him to tier 5/4. This is no different.

If anything, this is even worse when this Beware is simply "portrayed" as this strong through pure gag feats for the intent of comic relief and absolutely has no actual justification of being superior to any regular Beware.

Either way, I vehemently disagree with this upgrade.

It's just another case of a non-legendary attacking a "legendary". We don't do this for Pikachu or anything like that.

Why does she need justification, she's strong because she just i. Strong for comedy relief is till strong. This idea that there shouldn't be a profile for her because it's not serious is just silly tbh.

Pikachu is abad comparison because he is inconsistent, but Bewear was consistently shown as a force to be reckoned with throughout the season.

So even though Everytime this bewear breathes it pulls out an extremely high end feat out of its ass and all said feats tend to be very consistent and is the most consistent pokemon within the sm anime, it is an outlier even though all its feats are of that tier? Hmm? Have you ever considered maybe the tapus and ub pokemon arent that strong in the anime? At least not as strong as the games or manga? If they're consistently shown to be on par with Pikachu according to you.

Pure gag feats? Defeating pheromosa and taking hits from guzzlord weren't gag feats, both were portrayed as somewhat serious, especially the latter. I'm suspecting you haven't actually watched either of those episodes, especially guzzlord, they weren't meant to be haha funny moments.

Oh then I guess Pikachu is only 8-A because there definitely can't be an exceptional specimen among it's species. Guess Pikachu is going from tier 7 to tier 8 going by your logic.

My Piakchu comparison isn't a bad one since at least in Pikachu's case, its specially trained and much above it's own species for a plethora of reasons.

Team Rockets Beware isn't even a specially trained one. It's literally just a random wild bear who only ever takes action in the series when Team Rockets in danger or when its child is. Both of which are nothing but comic relief gag feats.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
>Why does she need justification

Because this is a species of 7-A bears being argued to have one member be 5-B. You need really damn good reasons.
How about fighting and defeating said 5-B's? Multiple times, even as recent as the newest episode tanking numerous hits from a pissed off ub.

Bewear is kinda hyped up to be the strongest thing in the main cast and nothing can actually touch it, bar ubs.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
My Piakchu comparison isn't a bad one since at least in Pikachu's case, its specially trained and much above it's own species for a plethora of reasons.

Team Rockets Beware isn't even a specially trained one. It's literally just a random wild bear who only ever takes action in the series when Team Rockets in danger or when its child is. Both of which are nothing but comic relief gag feats.
Except this bewear actually trains itself in the wild.

And the ub fights, minus buzzwole, weren't comedy relief, especially guzzlord, which was played to be serious and not a joke.

I'm sorry, but the idea that we're not going to record a character's feat because the show doesn't explain why they're strong is weak as water. It feels more like you guys are giving bewear the shaft because she doesn't fit in your preconceived notions of what a strong pokemon is. That's not being objective.

Comic relief characters are just as good as "serious" characters and should have their feats counted.

>Played to be serious and not a joke

Purely subjective of what one finds "funny" or not. Doesn't take away from the actual intent of the portrayl.

Also, trains itself in the wild? Since when?

Oh ok I didn't know it huddling over its kid trying to prevent guzzlord from killing it was haha funny especially when the cast is freaking out about it.

Since the start? We see it doing shit like working out with boulders and trees and the like. It works out and trains on its down time.

Ive been with Su/Mo since the very start and have never seen Bewear do any kind of personal training. So some evidence of it doing so would be nice please.

You say that but yet you think bewear protecting its child is a haha funny moment from a extremely dangerous monster that wants to kill it. I'm having doubts.

Idk it's near the start, wouldn't be able to tell you the exact episode only that we see it working out and training. Can't find it on YouTube, if you wanna wait like 5 hours while I download some stuffs subtitled episodes I can look for it and find the scene and post it.

ok so I haven't watched up to the Sun/Moon part of the anime (lol i'm on episode 16 of the literal 1st series of Pokemon), but if what Chariot190 and Iamunanimousinthat is true, then at least this specific Bewear should indeed be Tier 5. If literally every feat he/she/it(idk) performs is Ultra Beast level, simply saying that it can't be 5B because other members of it's species aren't 5B is a weak arguement. Heck, Pikachu has consistently lost against starter pokemon before (vs Snivy) and he's still portrayed as 7A for ALSO consistently beating Adult Pokemon. Except in this case, Bewear is FAR more consistent cause ALL of his feats are 5B.

I think that Anime Bewear should have it's own separate page

The answer is no. The problem with some schools of thought within this community is that we believe that consistency should apply regardless of what is reasonable or natural within the series. It's the reason why Krillin isn't universal, or why there was even doubt that U6 sans Hit were universal. Because it didn't seem logical to be possible.

None of bewears feats seem reasonably possible in the world of Pokémon. I can agree in theory to giving this specific Beware, who won't be appearing as an important mon in the future, a Tiering just because of this, but if it becomes a main character, an immediate downgrade is necessary for it, because with that reasoning, we would have Latios Level Begining of BW snivy from scaling off of Pikachu and so on. No.

Oh, and let me be the first to expose myself. I was JUST like you guys for legebdaries. But I was dumb as ****, and was a person who is doing the same thing I am now criticizing. So yeah.

Reasonable or Natural to the series? And who gets to decide that? The show makers consistently showed this certain Bewear fighting UB and being seen as ridiculously strong. This is not comparable to Krillin at all, who has not been shown to be consistently fighting higher tiers.

And This bewear to be given this tier or profile in no way messes up the scaling. This doesn't apply to all Bewear just this one in particular.

The verse and it's world building decides what is reasonable or natural. I'd say "realistic", but it's hard to square the use of the word in the context of fantasy. "Realistically", you wouldn't find a Bewear to be this strong, and while this Bewear certainly has the feats, this doesn't extend to all Bewear everywhere. Bars.

It couldn't. And for the same reason that Pikachu is a basic stage Pokémon with no business being able to harm Arceus, we're not gonna make him Universal no matter how many times he does it, unless there's an actual lore reason. If this Bewear has some lore to explain its broken powerscaling— say she's a totem Pokémon blessed by Arceus itself or something, then of course she'd have every reason to be this strong. But she doesn't have that.

The idea that you think Krillin not having consistent higher tier fighting feats is a reasonable response to this conversation demonstrates my complaint. Even if Krillin did have consistency, if there's no reason for his scaling, it's either PIS or an outrageous showing of bad writing. We wouldn't Krillin Universal unless he was suddenly revealed to be Jiren's son. No amount of feats would justify it.

Same for why we don't have planet level spider man for fighting the hulk once. It's obvious bullshit that contradicts the established realistic standards of what we're shown. Or an "outlier" by context of the entire series rather than the character itself.

Consistency isn't everything.

Which is why, if you want to apply the idea that this specific Bewear alone gets the feats and none other of its species, then sure. But no Bewear actually share this level of power with it.

Then make a new thread where you ask to make a new profile for the Bewear, and be clear about it in the OP that that is your intention. Because this isn't a clear enough thread.

You could. Also post... Feats...

I mean, I saw her power... So, I need no convincing on her extraordinary nature. The question is, are we going to nuke the Mystery Dungeon profiles or let bear feminism reign.

@Amexim

Krillin has universal feats? when?

If this is about the whole VS Goku thing, Goku explicitely stated that he was holding back a LOT, and Krillin didn't even actually beat him. Bewear, on the other hand, is straight up 2 shotting Ultra Beasts

I disagree on making this entire species of pokemon 5B, but THIS SPECIFIC BEWEAR should be

Heck, if you want to add logic to the argument, lemme give you this: Physics state that only light can travel at the speed of light. Therefore no one in all of fiction is FTL. However, there are humans on this wiki who have MFTL+ speeds despite having mass. Are you going to say that they are only Superhuman cause humans cannot logically move faster than light despite ONLY having MFTL+ feats? No, you wouldn't do that. Now, in this situation, replace "MFTL+ feats" with "Ultra-Beast level feats" and replace "human" with "Bewear". It's the same argument

Amexim said:
You could. Also post... Feats...
I mean, I saw her power... So, I need no convincing on her extraordinary nature. The question is, are we going to nuke the Mystery Dungeon profiles or let bear feminism reign.
Pissed off Bewear Vs. Pheromosa

A gif of Bewear and Buzzwole stalemating briefly (although Bewear does retreat after, think there's a few blows traded as well)
BWVSBZ
Bewear vs Guzzlord and Bewear tanking a handful of hits.

If we treat said ultra beast in the anime as 5-B then Bewear should be of course, on par if not stronger as it beat one when pissed and was beating another.

What the...? Not even close to making sense pal. We go by the fictional world's rules, by your logic, there are no outliers in ANY verse. Just stop.

Amexim said:
What the...? Not even close to making sense pal. We go by the fictional world's rules, by your logic, there are no outliers in ANY verse. Just stop.
Outliers by definition are feats that both happen rarely and aren't consistent with the character's other feats and/or position in the verse

Taken directly from the Outliers page:

"An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power."

Bewear's 5B feats are consistent and are literally the only feats it has, and it's "normally displayed level of power" is 5B. The only conflict we have here is his position, since most Bewears are not 5B. However, the same can be said for Ash's Pikachu, who is 7A despite his evolutionary position

Back