• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Strategists: the semi definitive list.

Yellow doesn't have a profile, I haven't given feats for him either

I don't think I will either since I think we should use profiles

00potato said:
Ok, just need to add Jericho and Yellow once I get the link, I will just put everyone at random spots until we start the comparisons and agree on a spot for each. So don't complain about specific spots unless you want to start debating your character over others.
Were my suggestions rejected ?

Nope, putting Fire Emblem Protagonists on as a group though since their are a lot of them.

He lead the Great Crusade which was a Galaxy wide crusade in which humanity set out and conquered various planets across the galaxy expanding the Imperium of Man and Humanity as a whole.

He has lead his armies to fight and defeat great enemies ranging from the Chaos to the Orks and even the Elves.

(I dont have a bunch of more detailed feats on me rn ill try to find some)

Nobody in DBZ has a place here.

Nominating Azula here. She overthrew a rather scarily realistic (for a kids show anyway) police state with a handful of people, charisma, and some dealing here and there. Even used a brute force tactic (the drill) before then switching to secrecy when she figured out it wasn't gonna work.

Thrawn should also be here, IMO

She did it by convincing the handful of people who controled said police state to drop their leader for her though, the organisation and state didn't change, only the leader did.

Dragomer said:
She did it by convincing the handful of people who controled said police state to drop their leader for her though, the organisation and state didn't change, only the leader did.
She was still smart enough to recognize the Dai Li were increasingly afraid of her, despite the fact she's supposed to be their enemy from a nation that wants every last one of them dead. She took advantage of that when she realized they feared her more than they did Long Feng (he also rules by fear if the game is any indication)

I forgot about this, which is fine.

How the hell did I forget Thrawn though. I am friends with plenty of star ears geeks.

Azula's actually a good choice.

Imotekh the Stormlord should probably be 1. He's the greatest strategist in the 40k universe. He's smarter than a supercomputer that could come up with strategies for virtually every single possible outcome.

In one of his first battles after he woke up, he managed to defeat a whole invasion of Eldar forces with only a small army, killing every single on of them, except their leader just taking his hand.

While fighting the Imperium's forces on Hypnoth, and being outnumbered, a fleet of Tyranids attack his forces, but he manages to turn the tables by manipulating the Tyranids to attack the Imperium and managing to get away. He later conquered Hypnoth in matter of days thanks to introducing a mechanophage into their defence systems.

Also there were reports that over 50% of Admech Forgeworlds are being sieged by his Dynasty.

BruceTheBatman said:
Dragomer said:
She was still smart enough to recognize the Dai Li were increasingly afraid of her, despite the fact she's supposed to be their enemy from a nation that wants every last one of them dead. She took advantage of that when she realized they feared her more than they did Long Feng (he also rules by fear if the game is any indication)
The Dai Li litteraly said so while right next to her, it's not hard to see TBH and the Dai Li had been traitors to their own nation for a long ass time at this point and were the first one to mess with earth kingdom citizen and never showed any particular care for the fire nation, if anything they were more against people like Jet.

@Dragomer

No they didn't. They implied that to Long Feng when he was still "imprisoned"

And they weren't exactly traitors as much as authoritarians. They were more morally gray characters who wanted to preserve the peace of the nation, but also came to the conclusion of ruling it with an iron fist. They were against people like Jet because they realized people were so scared of the fire nation (rightfully so, mind you) that news of them being in the city would cause a panic. She only figured it out from their reactions to her speech iirc, and only really exploited that later when Long Feng tries to betray her.

BruceTheBatman said:
@Dragomer
No they didn't. They implied that to Long Feng when he was still "imprisoned"

And they weren't exactly traitors as much as authoritarians. They were more morally gray characters who wanted to preserve the peace of the nation, but also came to the conclusion of ruling it with an iron fist. They were against people like Jet because they realized people were so scared of the fire nation (rightfully so, mind you) that news of them being in the city would cause a panic. She only figured it out from their reactions to her speech iirc, and only really exploited that later when Long Feng tries to betray her.
They litteraly say she's scary and cool right next to Ty Lee IIRC

They were traitors, they usurped the King and messed with anyone who threatened their ruling status or tried to say there was a war or mentionned the fire nation even existed, that's not being authoritarian, that's being traitors to your nation and king, that's why they jumped at the occasion to get rid of the King entirely.

BruceTheBatman said:
To be fair, the King was a manchild who, if put really in charge, would have doomed the nation pretty quickly.
It's implied he is a manchild because the Dai Li made it so, they've been in control for a long time at this point IIRC, maybe even generations since they were created by Kyoshi.

I will wait for Azula but we have a lot of characters here, should we start sorting them out into a clear order or wait till we have 15?

And so, let the warfare begin. Only the best arguments and the best choices will prevail, lives will be lost and blood will be shed, but it will all be worth it in the end.

(You can still recommend characters though.)

I mean, Lelouch was good but everything kinda fell apart for him even with the Geass's help so i'm not sure he should be on the 'best' list, there are lots of undefeated strategist after all.

Being a good leader requires strategy I believe. And in most cases, much better strategy than a single-person strategy

Nothing to add here, but I'll just point out that Rose Quartz was a good strategist but not a good leader, so the two definitely don't always overlap.

I mean, Fire Emblem awakening's whole story is that you're a good strategist and Chrom is a good leader.

No, it mostly requirement management skill, that's why the King and the chief strategist were different position in the army.

Yeah, both are different abilities, Leadership is known the give orders and making masses follow you, making the ones under your command perform stuff that lead to their death; Strategist is about planing stuff, cutting the enemies path, starve by destroying their supplies, etc.

Really depends what kind of leader we are talking about. The army leader, the one who controls the army and their actions, needs strategy.

"An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sheep"

Back