• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best isekai

worst and best iseakis who have read I start re zero I liked the development of the protagonist that is not broken because if a good cast of secondary the worst then maoh gakuin years he has the personality of a potato the only thing he is known for is for being op boring side antagonists flat

Mushoku tensei, the development of the series and characters, the world building, the setting etc. Is so fantastic

Isekai smartphone, really nothing to say of this

I like Re:Creators as an inverted-isekai, but I can't think on what is the best, since I've read hundreds of isekais

Ascendance of a Bookworm. The world building, magic system and characters are fantastic and so well thoughout its crazy. I would go so far and call it the best i have ever read. Explaining it would spoil a significant portion of the story but its definitly a far cry from all those shitty power fantasy isekais

Personally, I like Kumo desu ga and Death Mage. Not sure why those two in particular. Oh yeah, and bookworm.

Ascendance of a Bookworm. The world building, magic system and characters are fantastic and so well thoughout its crazy. I would go so far and call it the best i have ever read. Explaining it would spoil a significant portion of the story but its definitly a far cry from all those shitty power fantasy isekais
RNe9Vz2.jpeg

But let's be honest
Myne is overpowered as hell, too. She just didn't know it right away.

I don't like the isekai anime at all, but the best one is definitely rising of the shield hero, konosuba was funny but that's it, it was pretty annoying after. Re: Zero is also really good but it's too confusing and convoluted, and pretty cringy sometimes, and also makes me feel horrible because of what the main character goes through.

I like most isekai... but if you're asking me to pick favorites, I guess I'll have to choose Shield Hero, Realist Hero, and the evil scientist isekai which I forgot the name of.

Mushoku Tensei is legit good; I just can't stomach Rudeus as a character anymore, so that makes it hard to enjoy the fireness of the story.

Since the OP didn't restrict the medium I actually really liked DotHack/(.hack//) it was a refreshing spin on the "being inside a videogame" trope, ofc I enjoyed Re: Creators too (it being an inverse isekai was pretty great).

But Rising of Shield Hero is easily my favourite isekai of them all. The writing is on point, the MC is actually relatable and the characterization is very well done (especially when it comes to making some truly unlikable characters lol!).

MY DEATH FLAGS SHOW NO SIGN OF ENDING no matter how many times i re-ead that novel i never get tired of it. The way he verbally abuse person causally and how fast as **** he is and he's also acting as the side villain in the story, which why i like it since kinda reminds me of otome game MC

But let's be honest
Myne is overpowered as hell, too. She just didn't know it right away.
I dont know how far you are into the Light Novel, but calling Myne broken is both true and false lol. Myne has absolutly no stupid cheat ability to speak off. What makes her broken is how she accidentally keeps revolutionizing the magic system. One of the nost funniest things is having Knights fight beside her on their Highbeast with sword and spear, while Myne is literally doing Drivebys.

i generally dislike Isekai, but digimon is absolutely an exception

although people don't even know digimon is an Isekai

I dont know how far you are into the Light Novel, but calling Myne broken is both true and false lol. Myne has absolutly no stupid cheat ability to speak off. What makes her broken is how she accidentally keeps revolutionizing the magic system. One of the nost funniest things is having Knights fight beside her on their Highbeast with sword and spear, while Myne is literally doing Drivebys.
I'm at Part 4 Volume 2.
Having that mana compression technique and having used it to an unnatural degree is part of it. Like, having more mana than everyone else is a cheat in my book. She straight-up indicated that she could have solo'd that first ditter game of hers using Schutzaria's shield... which would have been hella funny.
Having all mana colours thanks to Ferdinand is another part of it. And she's clearly blessed by the gods in some way, both in terms of what her prayers do (like activating Schwartz and Weiss) and in her being able to do stuff like create Stenluke by mere accident.

I'm at Part 4 Volume 2.
Having that mana compression technique and having used it to an unnatural degree is part of it. Like, having more mana than everyone else is a cheat in my book. She straight-up indicated that she could have solo'd that first ditter game of hers using The shield of schutzaria... which would have been hella funny.
Having all mana colours thanks to Ferdinand is another part of it. And she's clearly blessed by the gods in some way, both in terms of what her prayers do (like activating Schwartz and Weiss) and in her being able to do stuff like create Stenluke by mere accident.
Jokes on you, i mastered the art of machine translations and read further ahead in the webnovel. Mynes Mana Compression is broken, but not something special to her. She simply got it due to her mental age and ingenuity, so if anything, its her Isekai status that is the cheat. The thing about mana is that she cant utilisize it effectivly in a fight if push comes shove. It activily hinders her growth and it can actually kill her in the middle of a fight due to her mana clumps. The Ditter is more because of the rules of those games but fair otherwise. The thing with the gods is explained later on, but lets just say that everyone could technically reach Mynes level. And Stenluke is again something that everyone could technically create, although having fat stacks of mana and the wish to actually create something as outrageous as Stenluke definitly helps. Im not saying that Myne isnt broken, but Myne actually earned her powers by being clever innovative. Actually scratch that, the only reason why Myne is broken is because Ferdinand is even more broken lmao

worst and best iseakis who have read I start re zero I liked the development of the protagonist that is not broken because if a good cast of secondary the worst then maoh gakuin years he has the personality of a potato the only thing he is known for is for being op boring side antagonists flat
Maou Gakuin is an Isekai series 🤓☝️.
MG is not even isekai,idk why do MG haters always think like that lol (also wtf is personality of a potato)
OP don't know what he is talking about. That's all.
The eminence in shadow is my favourite isekai,it doesn't have much things like good world building or unexpected plot twist but MC's life is funny,that's all
Eminence in Shadow gives a new light to Isekai. Unlike other goofy ass Isekai MCs who wants to play clash of clans. Cid is just built different.
Not a fan of Isekai, but Konosuba and GATE are the only exceptions so far.
I'm not really an isekai fan but I did enjoy Konosuba, Overlord, Kumoko desu ga, GATE (idk if it counts as an isekai or not), and Konjiki no word master
Great pick. Combatants dispatched from another world is another Isekai which is in the same verse as Konosuba. Try it if you haven't watched/read it. It's also pretty good.

Back