• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Berserk Discussion Thread

Guts after seeing the 8-A calc

1bd5fc2fa8cdd6fc356945284f5aeb3f.png

I have added my own short description of Guts' character on his Summary section, what do you guys think? If there are any grammar errors, feel free to correct

Well, as bad as it is, we sure are doing much better than Hunter x Hunter Hiatus x Hiatus XD.

Last edited:
8-A tiering is now accepted, now the discussion about Lifting Strength is ongoing and the thread will be probably over

Just want to mention to everyone, I changed Griffith, Slan, and the Idea of Evil to "At least High 7-C, possibly 7-B to 7-A"

Since these three can't create storms themselves to our knowledge, they wouldn't have environmental destruction at all, but would still theoretically scale above the storm, which is why it's a possibly rating now

Just want to mention to everyone, I changed Griffith, Slan, and the Idea of Evil to "At least High 7-C, possibly 7-B to 7-A"

Since these three can't create storms themselves to our knowledge, they wouldn't have environmental destruction at all, but would still theoretically scale above the storm, which is why it's a possibly rating now
That makes sense. Seeing as how the God Hand are the ones who grant Apostles all of their powers and abilities, and should theoretically be superior to anything their Apostles can do (at least in their true Astral forms).

Guts scaling chain for Black Swordsman arc and Berserker Armor -

Guts has defeated Apostle Mozgus while gravely injured (so not even in his tip top condition), who is already much stronger than base Mozgus with his God Breath (119.07 Tons).
Berserker Armor Guts surpasses base Guts that did this by leaps and bounds, to the point of easily defeating Apostles far more powerful than Apostle Mozgus even in their base form (Grunbeld), and are much stronger than that in their Apostle Form.

Is that good?

Guts scaling chain for Black Swordsman arc and Berserker Armor -

Guts has defeated Apostle Mozgus while gravely injured (so not even in his tip top condition), who is already much stronger than base Mozgus with his God Breath (119.07 Tons).
Berserker Armor Guts surpasses base Guts that did this by leaps and bounds, to the point of easily defeating Apostles far more powerful than Apostle Mozgus even in their base form (Grunbeld), and are much stronger than that in their Apostle Form.

Is that good?
Yep, sounds bueno!

If I had to summarize it:

Berserker Armor Guts >> Apostle Grunbeld > Base Guts ~ Base Grunbeld > Injured Guts >= Apostle Mozgus > base Mozgus' Fire Breathe =119.07 tons

Something like that?

Guys, Schierke's Wheel of Flames is 8-A right? And that calc is legit?

I ask because I just reread chapters 270-273, and Guts (Berserker Armor) in 273 channeled it through the Dragon Slayer and withstood the fireball at very close proximity.
I think that proves that he scales to it in durability, which is nice.
It could also be extra justification for his heat/fire resistance.

So, I've noticed some things, and I want your opinion on it guys. Here are some ability suggestions.

- Stealth Mastery for Skull Knight: He could casually sneak up on Guts. This isn't the only time that he did that either, so I think it's pretty solid.

- Non-Physical Interaction (and/or Soul Manipulation?) for Lightning Form Ganishka: He could seemingly harm Schierke's Astral form with his lightning.

- Non-Corporeal for Ganishka's Lightning/Apostle form: His lightning form isn't actually his physical body transformed, but his ethereal body (soul) surrounding itself with water and wind elementals, which makes him impervious to any and all physical damage. His ethereal body resides between the eyebrows of his lightning form.

- Resistance to Soul Manipulation for Ganishka: Can survive direct damage to his ethereal body from the Dragon Slayer.

Last edited:
Considering that Skull Knight always pulls assassination type stuff and Guts has canonically enhanced senses, I'd say it's good

Didn't she become one with Guts' body by possession?

I agree with this

Should be fine

So, I've noticed some things, and I want your opinion on it guys. Here are some ability suggestions.

- Stealth Mastery for Skull Knight: He could casually sneak up on Guts. This isn't the only time that he did that either, so I think it's pretty solid.

- Non-Physical Interaction (and/or Soul Manipulation?) for Lightning Form Ganishka: He could seemingly harm Schierke's Astral form with his lightning.

- Non-Corporeal for Ganishka's Lightning/Apostle form: His lightning form isn't actually his physical body transformed, but his ethereal body (soul) surrounding itself with water and wind elementals, which makes him impervious to any and all physical damage. His ethereal body resides within the forehead of his lightning form.

- Resistance to Soul Manipulation for Ganishka: Can survive direct damage to his ethereal body from the Dragon Slayer.
First one is obvious, Skull Knights always appears by being stealthy as hell and nobody even knowing where he is

yeah it is solid because Guts was also hurt physically and in his astral form too alongside Schierke

Yeah makes sense

Agree, if it was anything else it would've been dead unlike Ganishka

Back