• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bendy vs. The Sandman (Join Our Design) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
The power of corruption has been a feared trait by many monsters throughout history. In fact, people used to be so scared of the power of vampires, werewolves or ghouls coming in and turning someone into a creature of the night, that they would dig up graves and hammer wooden stakes into the hearts of recently dead corpses, or persecute innocent people in fears that they were a werewolf in disguise. And this trend of monsters continues today, with the more recent examples of zombies, as well as the two monsters who will be fighting today. One corrupts with its sleep dust, the other its ink. But which of these two will turn out victorious today? Let's find out now!

In the blue corner, we have Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine, and in the red corner, we have a Sandma from Doctor Who.

Bendy Emerges
The-Sandmen
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-To make things a bit more fair for the Sandman, I'll choose a random location for this match which gives neither side a home-field advantage. Let's say...the Kanto Power Plant from Pokemon fame.

-Speed will not be equalized due to having similar speed.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Mr. Sandman, Bring Me Your Dreams: 0

Bend You 'Till You Break: 8 (Apatheticskell, Crimson Azoth, ApiesDeathbyLazors, GyroNutz, Katharsus, Videogamer1265, Phoenix821, Iapitus The Impaler)

Inconclusive: 0

Normally I try to avoid Bendy in all cases, but for you Starter, I'll make an execption. *creepy wink*

Unfrotunatly I have to start out with a few questions, namely how does Sandman react to liquids? I know most sand creature's have a hard time with liquids in fiction. Sandman's profile mentions specifically converting humans, so is it only humans? Considering it's Doctor Who, probably not, but I like to cover bases.

Honestly in the end it comes down to who has the better absorbtion. Which is faster and how much mass is required. It sounds like Sandman needs less, only single partical, while Bendy needs to actually touch someone. I still need to know a time frame for both and it also occures to me, how would Bendy's regen react with Sandman's conversion?

I wish I could be more help, but I'm not very familiar with either verse and will therefore need more input form others. Sorry.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Normally I try to avoid Bendy in all cases, but for you Starter, I'll make an execption. *creepy wink*
Unfrotunatly I have to start out with a few questions, namely how does Sandman react to liquids? I know most sand creature's have a hard time with liquids in fiction. Sandman's profile mentions specifically converting humans, so is it only humans? Considering it's Doctor Who, probably not, but I like to cover bases.

Honestly in the end it comes down to who has the better absorbtion. Which is faster and how much mass is required. It sounds like Sandman needs less, only single partical, while Bendy needs to actually touch someone. I still need to know a time frame for both and it also occures to me, how would Bendy's regen react with Sandman's conversion?

I wish I could be more help, but I'm not very familiar with either verse and will therefore need more input form others. Sorry.
Okay, well for starters, the Sandman isn't technically made out of sand. He's made of sleep dust, the bits of dirt, mucus and dead skin that accumulate in the corners of your eye. And as for how well they can retain liquids, I unfortunately can't say, as the episode featuring the Sandmen was set on a spaceship orbiting right off of Neptune, and access to any liquids wasn't really easy to come by. However, when they were exposed to the high gravity of Neptune, they did begin to fall apart with that, so take that as you will.

However, it is also unclear if the sleep dust would affect Bendy either, due to the fact that, even partly, he's human, and they latch onto humans and affect them overtime. Honestly, I don't really have any clear answers either, because of the weird semi-states both characters are in.

Gosh dangit, I really gotta stop choosing these weird matchups. Whatever happened to punching a guy until he's dead?!

If you want a punching match, go choose Goku or Saitama

Assuming both can convert the other, the main question becomes time frame. How fast is either monster's "conversion"?

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Goodnight.

If you're saying who can corrupt the other first, hands down that would go to Bendy. He can take down and corrupt Henry in one hit, whereas the Sandman never really showed a feat of actually changing a human into a Sandman. (Unless that's what happened to Rassmussen at the end of the episode, but I digress.)

However, the fact is that I believe that this will come down to what will come first, Bendy turning the Sandman into an ink monster, or the Sandman absorbing Bendy into itself. As to what will happen, you got me, as the properties of both characters are...weird, to say the least.

Bendy is far faster than Sandman(Bendy dodged bullets from the tommy gun making him Supersonic while Sandman is normal human speed.) So with their Same tiers and durability Bendy can easily speed blitz sandman and a Sandman has no real way to get past immortality type 1 and immortality type 3.

That paragraph made my grammar nazi eyes hurt. Type 1 and 3 immortality won't do anything against the Sandman, who can corrupt Bendy and turn him into another sand creature. However, if both touch each other at the same time, Bendy will turn him into a ink monster first, die, and then regenerate out of the ink.

Bendy takes this pretty handily.

Oh, I guess I haven't voted yet. Whoops. As much as it hurts, I guess I'll give this to Bendy. Crimson give about as good of reasons as we got under the circumstances.

Phoenix, the king of debate ending FRA's uwu

Anyway, that's seven, so grace begins.

Back