• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beldam Revisions

I've watched Coraline a good 5 times and am planning to watch it again tomorrow, but before I do, I decided to throw in a revision thread:

Attack Potency
Why is Beldam exactly "Low 5-B" via reality warping? She creates the world and I believe this site follows Creation = Destruction. So that alone should require her the tier, however there's also the next part of this I question: "and a multitude of stars, although the stars may just be lights in the sky" Where exactly is this proven that thier lights in the sky? In this scene? If it's this scenes reasoning, and the light is referring to the "empty part" of the world, then they differentiate from the stars shown in this scene. So it should at least be changed to "At least Small Planet, likely Multi Solar System" or around this level.

Durability
Now I'm assuming the amount of energy it takes to create something scales to durability as I've seen a lot of profiles based on creating a realm scale to their durability, but I can see a potential argument for why The Beldam has human level durability is due to the scene where Coraline outright harms her via kicking her. The only reason Beldam is even harmed by Coraline is due to her being greatly weakened by having her buttons removed(this is further evident that removal of the button eyes greatly weakened her as upon her button eyes being removed it caused the rest of her reality to be destroyed).

Speed
Her speed should be listed as "Unknown" as she showcases no real speed feats in the movie from the one teleportation feat.

Weakness Add-O
Old Wuss Puss states that:

Code:
You know, you're walking right into her trap. I have to go back. They are my parents. Challenge her, then. She may not play fair, but she won't refuse. She's got a thing for games. Hmm. Okay.
So "won't refuse a game" should be added as a weakness.

Power and Abilities Add-Ons
Void Manipulation- She has an "empty part of the world" that she can manipulate.

Immortality(Type 2)- Can still move around and live with merely her hand.

Possible Precognition- Created a doll of Coraline years before Coraline moves into the house.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/c/coraline-script-transcript.html

Code:
"Oh. Some kid left this on the front porch. Hey, Jonesy. Look what I found in Gramma's trunk. Look familiar? Wybie. Huh. A little me? That's weird. So, that doll. Did you make it look like me? Oh, no. I found it that way. It's older than Grandma. Old as this house, probably. Come on. Blue hair, my swampers and raincoat? Dang! Check out Slugzilla.
Thoughts?

The reasoning for "lights in he sky" is that some scenes the sky is completely darkened for an extensive period of time, and they will suddenly just....appear.

.......I got this from DMUA-

AP does not scale to durability inherently, no. Normally that comes from battling beings equal to oneself, which to my knowledge, Beldam does not have one equal to herself. Ergo, she has 10-B durability.

Also, Void Manip =/= "Empty". I have an empty cup that I can fill. I do not manipulate said emptiness, nor is that emptiness a void. A void is literal nothingness incarnate.

Other stuff looks okay.

Okay, let me clarify. The Other World, for most of the movie, has a completely darkened sky, aside from the moon. But then, specifically after Coraline tries to walk out of the other world through the forest, and finds the empty side of the world. There are suddenly stars.

ShatteredNightMares said:
Okay, let me clarify. The Other World, for most of the movie, has a completely darkened sky, aside from the moon. But then, specifically after Coraline tries to walk out of the other world through the forest, and finds the empty side of the world. There are suddenly stars.
Ah I get what you mean now, that seems more like Beldam merely added them later since Coraline's entire personality fits exploration and seeing amazing things. They still don't match the lights in the "empty side" however. They have two completely different patterns.

Mr. Bambu said:
AP does not scale to durability inherently, no. Normally that comes from battling beings equal to oneself, which to my knowledge, Beldam does not have one equal to herself. Ergo, she has 10-B durability.
Also, Void Manip =/= "Empty". I have an empty cup that I can fill. I do not manipulate said emptiness, nor is that emptiness a void. A void is literal nothingness incarnate.

Other stuff looks okay.
I've seen several profileshowever based o creation feats that scale to the characters durability?

That empty part of the world is literal nothingness too though? The empty cup has air, so it isn't empty, in Beldam's case there's literally nothing there, the black cat even references it being "nothing" there.

Code:
Huh? Something's wrong. Shouldn't the old well be here? Nothing out here. It's the empty part of this world. She only made what she knew would impress you. But why? Why does she want me? She wants something to love, I think.

Almost all of your profiles are from people capable of trading blow with people who are equal to them and are capable of using their powers in combat. "God" beings usually gets a pass for this too, since the implications behind them is that they are also indestructible, not just strong reality warpers like the Beldam.

If there was literally nothing there, Coraline wouldn't be able to breathe, if we're gonna treat air as not nothing.

I also do not know why she is even Tier 5? The scene you used to show MSS seems to even point out the fact that her world is very small.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Don't you go fusing the comic and movie version in one profile, unless they're canon to each other.
I skimmed a few pages of it. Not sure for certain%, but given how nothing looks the same from the movie, I think it's a separate continuity.

The people capable of trading blows with them are that tier for harming them with no other feat that puts them at that level. God from Bruce Almighty endows Bruce with all of his powers yet Bruce dies to a truck crash near the end of the movie. So powerscaling.

I didn't treat air as nothing though. I even added in with my analogy that the cup contains air hence nout outright empty, and also places like world of void in DBZ are voids yet characters can still breathe in there.

Via this calc.

It's just calculating how strong creating a pocket world this big would be. But my point is that it's unlikely for the world to be this big.

Also yes, the comic/novel and movie are seperate continuties. Wybie doesn't exist in the comic/novel continuity, the house looks completely different from the world in the Coraline movie, and Coraline in the comics is seemingly less impressed of the Beldam's world in the comics then the movie. Unless we can make a seperate key for a comic/composite version, they're most definetely not the same.

It's just calculating how strong creating a pocket world this big would be. But my point is that it's unlikely for the world to be this big.
Beldam World is created for what Coraline would love, so night sky, moon(to signify it like a dream world), etc. So that can mean the world outside of coraline's apartment isn't there, but things like the sky and such are.

I'm in complete agreement with Saik here and I'm also salty that I couldn't be the one to create Beldam's profile. It's made clear in the movie that the realm the Beldam creates is far from even planetary, as once they go farther than what's made for Coraline, it's just a white void where they loop back to the Beldam's world.

The real cal howard said:
I'm in complete agreement with Saik here and I'm also salty that I couldn't be the one to create Beldam's profile. It's made clear in the movie that the realm the Beldam creates is far from even planetary, as once they go farther than what's made for Coraline, it's just a white void where they loop back to the Beldam's world.
I'm sure the stars and moon in the sky imply a far massive world, but regardless, Moon Level or Unknown for now? Also I'm assuming if you completely agree with Saikou that also applies to the abilities, correct? I don't want to put words in people's mouth.

Back