• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beldam/Other Mother (Coraline)

Just wondering exactly where she/it would place in this tier system. I saw the movie for the first time yesterday and was surprised to not find it anywhere.

Some feats include:

(Possible) creation of, and reality manipulation within a small pocket dimension

Creating and controlling at least semi-sapient life

Soul manipulation

Some limited matter manipulation extending outside of it's dimension

Some form of precognition (knew about Coraline several decades before she moved into the house it was connected to, or was even born)

Immortality (not sure on specific types. 1, possibly 2 and/or 4?)

Some weaknesses:

May die if it cannot feed on a child's soul

Cannot fully escape into the real world without "real eyes"

Eyes are just sewn-on buttons: if damaged or removed, they limit it vision or render it blind accordingly

Even though she openly "cheats", it can't resist the temptation of toying with her opponent rather than outright defeating them.

Didn't really display many physical feats.

It's pretty tough. Considering that almost all those feats are done in the Other World and not in the real world. In the Other World, she would probably be classified as a low 2-C or a 3-A though that's probably a overestimation since the Beldam isn't really able to create a complete universe in the Other World just a house. Outside the other world I would consider her to be a 9-C: Street level since she was able to overpower a regular human being considering the fact that she kidnapped Coraline's parents. Basically, ask yourself this: If the Beldam was so powerful as she was in the Other World why even stay? Why not just create a bunch of minions and absorb the life force herself? The closest I could link her to is Hive from Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. who had similar powers when he was in Maveth, a planet he was trapped in. Both basically were doing the same thing: using the world to try to feed on hosts who came across their dimension. But once Hive was out however, even regaining his FULL POWER, he could not manipulate the world like he did there.

Back