• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Being frozen

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
A character breaks free from being frozen solid. What tier would they be in?

My assumption: Someone that can freeze someone solid makes them 9-A according to this article. So breaking yourself free from that would make you 9-A.

If you're just frozen kn the surface and not all the way through (how one would even be able to break out in the first place) probably not 9-A

The character I'm talking about was frozen all the way, and somehow he did free himself with his strength

Do we know that it froze all the eay through into freezing thr flesh and bone too though? That's straight up kill someone so that might not be AP so much as something else.

No, not to that extent (I think), I mean like that were encased in ice but only to the surface (I probably should have said that now looking back at it with hindsight).

Yeah that was what I was meaning. I believe the 9-A calc assumes a total freeze of the body.

I don't actually know. It might be a thing that varies depending on thr ice itself. If you have a pic or something I could try and help you out, or refer you to someone who can.

Hmm. I can see if calc group can help you out with standard assumption stuff then

But I can say this, he is able to break out of it with ease (twice in the story) while it freezes/traps humans almost instantly

If the ice dude has other feats you could probably scale him to that via overpowering his power.

Well, that calc is for freezing all the water in the human body, while this seems like just him shattering an ice block around him

Resisting a temperature change like flash freezing would be 9-A dura but you'd need another calc for shattering an ice block

Would definitely be Megajoule range though

Well. I'd assume the baseline thing would be apply thickness of ice to surface area of body and account for fragmentation. Freezing is absolutely 9-A, breaking a bunch of ice might not be.

Back