• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' speed.

Antvasima said:
Somebody I don't remember mentioned that he travelled from the realm of the gods across the entire DB universe to Earth. There are so many hundreds of things to keep track of here over the months that I don't remember. It may be that they used teleportation to the regular universe and then flew from a more nearby spot a solar system away or so for all that we know. What do you suggest that we change this to instead?
Until we have enough proof that Whis actually traveled a distance spanning 4 galaxies we should keep their stats as FTL or FTL+ imo.

I'll look up and see where it was actually said.

Whether they used teleportation or not it doesn't really matter. Unless someone can point me to a reliable source which says that the distance traveled by Whis spanned 4 galaxies...

Well, I think that you can change all five of them to "FTL+, possibly much higher" then, if everybody else is okay with it?

Let's wait for more input then.... I'm gonna be searching for that staement which said that "the distance traveled by Whis spanned 4 galaxies..."

Don't bother. I already explained above that it was a mistake. Stop trying to hammer the nail repeatedly once it has already been set just to embarrass me.

Rather, let's focus on calculating how swift that Whis actually travelled in that scene.

I got a better source which doesn't involve pixel scaling.

Wiki states a gas nebula isat least 2 lightyears long (upto 100s)

Speed of light = 299,792,458 m / s

Minimum distance travelled by whis: 2 lightyear

Number of second in a year: 31,536,000

299,756,458 * 31,536,000 = 9,453,119,659,488,000 meters (lightyear length in meters)

9,453,119,659,488,000 * 2 (2 ligthyears) = 18,906,239,318,976,000 meters (distanced travelled by Whis)

26 minutes = 1560 seconds

18,906,239,318,976,000 / 1560 = 12,119,384,178,830 m/s (Whis speed)

12,119,384,178,830 m/s / 299,792,458 (speed of light) = 4042

This looks good enough

Source: Question, How fast is Whis ?

Timeframe looks good to me. Whether it's a gas nebula or not is the main question

However, this is still better than the 4 galaxy claim...

It does look like a gas nebula. I could be wrong

Gas Nebula

Yes, this definitely looks reasonable, and 4000 times FTL isn't as ridiculous as billions of times...

It still makes them MFTL+ however

All right. This seems quite useful. Thank you for the help.

Let's stop changing the profiles until we come into complete agreement. Does everyone agree, MFTL+?

The distance between King Kai's planet and Beerus' castle is much more than 2 lightyears.

1. I didn't remove your comment.

2. I don't have evidence, but 2 lightyears only is too low, Whis can cross a nebula much less than the distance between Beerus' temple and King Kai's planet.

Well the two lightyears distance and the 26 minute timeframe are unreasonable low ends but you could say the it was just to get the MFTL+ speed ratings set in stone...

The worst thing is, we don't know the exact amount of distance, all we know are the time tables. Even while Whis was flying, Beerus' was kicking back and chillaxing, even eating while waiting the three minutes. He didn't even seem like he was going to move in that amount of time, and yet, he showed up in the span of at least a single minute after Whis had began to speak to and get attacked by the Leader of the Neanderthal Race.

When they began to go back, we saw them beginning to fly past planets in that particular Solar System, those planets were clustered together, but anyone who understands relative math knows that, that cannot be possible, unless they were moons, and that's even more unlikely. Thus we can surmise that it was at least an FTL+ feat.

What makes it more knowledgeable, is the fact that common sense comes into that intuitiveness (expect common sense to be one of my most specialized and prized arguments if I understand a concept well enough, because sometimes feats don't cut it with people) that their Solar System was far and away from the planet which Beerus had just blown up. Thus, they assume that it would have had to be an MFTL+ feat. We just didn't know how far away their solar system was relative to that planets Solar System.

Oh, so here the 4 galaxies spanning flight was more properly calculated?

So, which of the two calculations do the rest of you think that we should use for Whis? The one resulting in 4000x SOL, or the one at billions of times x SOL?

Well, we already accepted Whis and Beerus as MFTL+, and it seems safer to use the calculation of Whis at about 4000 x SOL for now. However, the new series may change that. Would everybody else be okay with me closing the thread, or do you have more matters that you wish to discuss?

I'm okay with closing this thread. I do believe we've reached a proper verdict that DBZ characters are MFTL+.

Off-Topic: Give me around 2-3 hours and I'll reply to the Ratchet upgrade thread. I first need to looking through all the comments.

Ah well.

Least Beerus and Whis are faster then anyone from the anime DBZ canon, DBGT and movies still right?

Back