• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' speed.

I do believe this thread can be concluded, with Whis around 4000 x SoL.

I also think it's high time this thread was locked. I will do so shortly. If there are any objections to the thread verdict, now would be the time to speak up.

Hmmmm I don't think anyone's actually gonna speak up since it seems like we're the only ones online or the only ones who actually bothered to comment here,

You should pobably lock the thread if anyone has something to add then they could ask an admin to unlock this thread....

one more to ask.

that redidt calc only goes for feat happen in the moives.

how does that fit with the other feat about beeurs crossing what it seems to be many lightyears to the planet in DBS ep2.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Proof that the distance between Beerus' castle and the planet is multiple light years.
i said what it seems to look like not saying it's true.

can you answer my question please?

Hmmmmmm I'm guessing you got the multiple light years thing from the OBD calc.

But anyway 72,000,000,000 approx Kilometers. That's the distance between Beerus' castle and the planet.

It does seem reasonable in my opinion as it is multiple times the length of our Solar System.

Hmmmmmm I'm guessing you got the multiple light years thing from the OBD calc.
But anyway 72,000,000,000 approx Kilometers. That's the distance between Beerus' castle and the planet.

It does seem reasonable in my opinion as it is multiple times the length of our Solar System.
The reason why i think the lightyears thing is true because the nebula is invisible and assuming 20 lightyears wide meaning it needs to be thousands of lightyears away.

It sounds reasonable to me since it doesn't need to be scaling to the map or that BoG speed numbers. But i don't know if you guys think of the pixal scaling since one of you guys starting to disagree with it.

I still don't get the whole nebula is invisible thing. And I know this is from the OBD calc...

Hmmmm the OBC calc used this if I remember correctly.

Whis traveled 4,522,092,665c in 60 seconds (which is just wrong) and since Beerus took 80 seconds to travel he is 4,522,092,665*(60/80) which is equal to 3,391,569,498 c.

One thing I don't understand is why the hell would Whis travel several light years just to search for food especially when Beerus told him not to take longer than 3 minutes.

Logically Whis should've gone to the nearest planet and I seriously doubt it's several light years away....

I still don't get the whole nebula is invisible thing. And I know this is from the OBD calc...

Whis traveled 4,522,092,665c in 60 seconds (which is just wrong) and since Beerus took 80 seconds to travel he is 4,522,092,665*(60/80) which is equal to 3,391,569,498 c.

One thing I don't understand is why the hell would Whis travel several light years just to search for food especially when Beerus told him not to take longer than 3 minutes.

Logically Whis should've gone to the nearest planet and I seriously doubt it's several light years away....
Becuase maybe Beerus just acting himself and told whis to do what he says.

Like how he really wants pudding lol or maybe there really not much planets with dinosaur meat other then earth.

I'm just mostly going forward to willy's calc then god movement's calc.

Bills wanted dinosaurs meat dude

First I'd like to ask why you assume there's even a Nebula if we can't see it. Was a nebula even shown. And if it was shown are we ceratin that it was a nebula.

But this is interesting...

I haven't even started watching DBZ Super....

First I'd like to ask why you assume there's even a Nebula if we can't see it. Was a nebula even shown. And if it was shown are we ceratin that it was a nebula.
But this is interesting...

I haven't even started watching DBZ Super....
This is Beerus's Nebula.

http://i.imgur.com/FdJ38UL.jpg

Then when Whis and Beeurs about to fly back to the casite. There was no Nebula there meaning it should be invisible from the planet they were on.

That's why it's lightyears away.

What if they simply took a different route....

And depending way the nebula could be seen it wouldn't be light years away.

To sum it all up until I watch the new episode. I can't agree with you....

Btw you should assume a 2 light year size for the nebula instead of a 20 light year one as 2 light years in the minnimum..

What if they simply took a different route....
And depending way the nebula could be seen it wouldn't be light years away.

To sum it all up until I watch the new episode. I can't agree with you....

Btw you should assume a 2 light year size for the nebula instead of a 20 light year one as 2 light years in the minnimum..
There's no reason why they took a different route and assuming it's 2 lightyears wide.

And this is where the nebula can't be seen.

http://i.imgur.com/aFa62RS.gif

it's 20 lightyears wide since it's can't be really seen and beeurs cross over his casite and the planet. So they can't really took a different route

Beerus' nebula was invisible from the planet, is a lot more than just 2 light years away the distance.

If Whis took 1 minute from Beerus' temple to the planet, and then took 26 minutes traveling from Beerus' temple to King Kai's planet, then Whis can't be just 4000 times faster than light, that's just assuming if he would travel 2 lightyears in 26 minutes, which Whis wouldn't take 26 minutes traveling 2 lightyears.

King Kai's planet is far away than the planet that Whis traveled to get dinosaur meat.

Anyway, I'm gonna lock this thread, today I'm in foul mood, and the less thing I want is discuss about Beerus' speed, I'm getting tired about this anyway.

Thread open again.

Since Whis being 4000x times FTL is accepted, I wanna discuss why I disagree with that.

Because Beerus' nebula was invisible from the planet, the nebula should be visible at a few lightyears distance, and Whis took 1 minute traveling from Beerus' temple to the planet.

The calc was made assuming how fast would be Whis traveling a distance in a nebula that is 2 lightyears with the time he took traveling from Beerus' temple to King Kai's planet, when is obviously King Kai's planet is far away compared to the planet that Whis traveled to get dinosaur meat.

Not to mention we will have another speed feat in Dragon Ball Super, with Champa and the girl who is his assistance (however this is just potentially for now) traveling from an universe to another universe in months. Beerus and Whis probably are equal to Champa and the girl.

I don't think there are others gods of destruction in the Universe 7, especially when Beerus said "there are 12 universes, and each universe has a god of destruction".

The problem as I see it is that the "4000x SoL, likely considerably higher" calculation uses actual measurements, rather than assumptions about hundreds of lightyears. Mind you, I also think that 2 lightyears seems low for a nebula, which is why I inserted "likely considerably higher".

As for the other universe, they do not tend to be separated by regular 3-D/4-D space within fiction, but by an extra dimension, which makes teleportation necessary between them.

Let me just clear something out here. 2 light years is the minimum size of a nebula. I don't know why 26 minutes was used as a timeframe(reason why I asked) but it was the lowest of low end for the feat. We didn't use the whole nebula can't be seen thing because we don't know how far away it exactly was.

Simply put the calc was mostly just introduced to confirm Whis and Beerus being MFTL+.

What is the average size of a nebula? Perhaps we should let the calculation group take a look at it to get an average value?

Hmmmmmmm I believe it would be around 2-20 light years but I'm gonna have to check. And we really should ask them for a calc for this. Otherwise this discussion is simply going back and forth with no real conclusion.

Let me just clear something out here. 2 light years is the minimum size of a nebula. I don't know why 26 minutes was used as a timeframe(reason why I asked) but it was the lowest of low end for the feat. We didn't use the whole nebula can't be seen thing because we don't know how far away it exactly was.
Simply put the calc was mostly just introduced to confirm Whis and Beerus being MFTL+.
26 minutes was used because is the time that Whis took traveling from Beerus' temple to King Kai's planet, which I don't see that accurate, because Whis took 1 minute traveling from Beerus' temple to the unknown large planet to get dinosaur meat, and the nebula was invisible from there. The distance between Beerus' temple and King Kai's planet is much bigger than the size of an average nebula.

And that calc was made before Dragon Ball Super were released, as I saw the calc was made 4 months ago.

We should stick to low end before upgrading characters. I do agree that Whis is definitely far faster than the calc. Because in this GIF the nebula is cpmpletely out of sight

Whis flying in space

Whis is undoubtedly at least 100 times faster than the calc based on logic, but we need more evidence to support....

The low end is completely wrong imo. The nebula thing was from the DBS anime while the 26 minutes timeframe is from the BOG movie...

This is why I never understood the whole 26 timeframe thing....

The timeframe from the DBS anime is 1 minute not 26 minutes. So even for a low end Whis should be 105092 times faster than light.

It's not completely wrong, but outdated. It will be changed once we get more feats

It's still much better than the billion time FTL calc which was done based on the out of scale DBZ universe map by pixel scaling. According to that map the earth would be hundreds of millions lightyears big if we go by pixel scaling

I have asked the calculation group about this.

Well we figured out why Beerus travels with Whis in this episode, it's because Whis is the fastest in the universe. Neither can teleport as we know, because they could go to king kai's planet instantly otherwise

Joseph619 said:
Well we figured out why Beerus travels with Whis in this episode, it's because Whis is the fastest in the universe. Neither can teleport as we know, because they could go to king kai's planet instantly otherwise
Everyone would already know that when BoG or RoF came out.

Also, That should give Beerus MFTL reaction speeds as well as he was talking and moving

and the next ep would show him eating whlie being on Whis's staff speeds.

Back