• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' speed.

Regarding Whis' speed.

Last Dragon Ball Super episode The old Supreme Kai was trying to sense Beerus' God Ki, Kibitoshin said he was moving at incredible speed, and this:

First Pic

Stars and nebulas

Millions of stars and some nebulas were visible in this pic.

Second pic:

Stars and nebulas 2

The purple thing is Whis flying, he was crossing stars and nebulas in seconds or a few minutes during his travel toward the King Kai's planet.

Dragon ball super in a nutshell "Dem dragon ball buffs Dou" Cause I mean In 3 Episodes it gives us a Definitive MFTL Whis and Beerus And a Possability of a galaxy/Universe (unlikely) Beerus

There are at least 65 nebula in DBZ verse from what we know. So yeah, Whis was INDEED coming out from a nebula

DBZ Super
65th Nebula

Hmm. It sounds like Whis should get another speed upgrade then.

I think we can have a good idea how to calculate Beerus and Whis speed.

If Beerus' nebula is 2 lightyears wide, then it needs to be around 3,700 to 37,000 lightyears away to be invisible, and if is 20 lightyear wide, then it needs to be around 37,000 to 370,000 lightyears away to be invisible.

Considering Whis traveled 1 minute that distance and Beerus 1 minute and 20 seconds, then the results would be:

If we use 2 lightyears wide for Beerus' nebula, to be invisible would be 3,700 to 37,000 lightyears away, and that would put Whis at 1,6 to 16 billion times FTL and Beerus at 1,2 to 12 billion times FTL.

Now if we use 20 lightyears wide for Beerus' nebula, to be invisible would be 37,000 to 370,000 lightyears away, and that would put Whis at 16 to 160 billion times FTL, and Beerus at 12 to 120 billion times FTL.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Why exactly does it have to be 3,700 to 37,000 lightyears away to be invisible. Also is this from the OBD calc...
Becasue it has to be that far away to be invisible just like in real-life?

The problem with that calc is that if he traveled between 3,700 and 370,000 lightyears in 1 minute, that would put King Kai's planet to Beerus' temple distance in millions lightyears distance, which I see it unlikely, unless if Whis has same speed like Champa's attendant, who is going to travel from one universe to another universe, which I think they will do in hours... or in months if Champa meet with Beerus before or after Resurrection of F. If is before Resurrection of F, they will travel from one universe to another universe in hours, but if is after Resurrection of F, they will do in months.

While I have a rough idea as to why the nebula had to be 3,700 to 37,000 light years away to be invisible I'd still like to see some concrete proof of this....

Well, travelling from one universe to another is usually done through teleportation along an extra dimensional axis.

Antvasima said:
Well, travelling from one universe to another is usually done through teleportation along an extra dimensional axis.
No, Champa and her attendant were flying toward the Universe 7 in the manga chapter.

They weren't using teleportation or something of the sort.

Really? That is surprising. Can you provide a link please?

the anime will eventually overtake the manga

that will happen soon

also,the anime is the canon, while the manga is based on the anime, thats why its different

Just something slightly off topic to note: Gregory was shown in episode 3, but didn't appear in the manga at all. He was a filler character and only appeared in the old anime. Does this mean anything?

it doesn't ,satan followers were anime only character but they were on db super ep 1 ,they are minor character ,they have no role,except to be there ,or do a comedy scene

That isn't similar. Gregory was an established character in the anime; Satan's crowd of fans were just random people without any uniqueness and could literally be anyone the animators just drew up.

But seeing as this is off topic, I will drop the subject.

Sheoth, as long as the series keeps up with being from what Akira Toriyama says, it doesn't matter.

Rocks75 said:
I think we can have a good idea how to calculate Beerus and Whis speed.
If Beerus' nebula is 2 lightyears wide, then it needs to be around 3,700 to 37,000 lightyears away to be invisible, and if is 20 lightyear wide, then it needs to be around 37,000 to 370,000 lightyears away to be invisible.

Considering Whis traveled 1 minute that distance and Beerus 1 minute and 20 seconds, then the results would be:

If we use 2 lightyears wide for Beerus' nebula, to be invisible would be 3,700 to 37,000 lightyears away, and that would put Whis at 1,6 to 16 billion times FTL and Beerus at 1,2 to 12 billion times FTL.

Now if we use 20 lightyears wide for Beerus' nebula, to be invisible would be 37,000 to 370,000 lightyears away, and that would put Whis at 16 to 160 billion times FTL, and Beerus at 12 to 120 billion times FTL.
This is the most accurate description of Beerus and Whis speed so far. I hope the mods use this to edit the current speed for Whis, the Battle of Gods one is outdated and uses pixel scaling from out of scale map of universe

Back