• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus' speed.

Theres a subbed version out on a number of well known websites. Nothing illegal needs to done to watch it...

So what's the consensus?

I'm saying not FTL because actual light got there before him.

That part is probably just standard plot convenience though, much like how the Flash can see and we can see him, despite that he is moving swifter than light. I see no reason to treat DB characters especially harsh in this respect.

For the moment, the OBD's calculation seems to have been given a less controversial reception though, but I am too tired and distracted to make a judgement about which one is objectively better.

I saw Dragon Ball Super Episode 2 recently, apparently Beerus got a MFTL feat now.

In Episode 2, Whis took 1 minute from Beerus' castle to an unknown planet to search food for Beerus, and he was using his staff.

Whis was already MFTL with his staff.

Beerus gave three minutes to Whis in searching for food for him.

Beerus: "Not yet, Whis?"

Whis: "There are still two minutes, Lord Beerus."

Beerus was still in his castle when in that moment was talking to Whis, and later Beerus was already in the unknown planet.

Beerus: "No, the time is over."

Whis: "It's only been two minutes and 40 seconds."

So, Beerus at most took 1 minute and 40 seconds in traveling from his castle to the unknown planet, while Whis with his staff took 1 minute.

So, MFTL Beerus confirmed? this can confirm that he could travel to planet Vegeta by himself, is that he is just lazy, that's why he travels around the Universe 7 with Whis.

Why? Beerus is a bit slower than Whis with his staff, and Whis with his staff is MFTL.

If we knew the distance from that unknown Planet to Bills' Planet, then we could say for certain.

....But since we don't know, there will still be some skeptics of course

However, with the amount of feats Toriyama is cranking out now, it really shouldn't be too long before we get a legit quantifiable MFTL speed feat.

I mean did you see Bills *SPOILERS* ------> destroy that Planet with that small blast that he just dropped on the ground? Thats insane! *END SPOILERS*

Rocks75 said:
Why? Beerus is a bit slower than Whis with his staff, and Whis with his staff is MFTL.
Because it depends on how long Whis took to travel the distance. Did the movie say whis took 1 minute to travel from the castle to the planet. If so then yes I agree that Bills would be MFTL.

A bit shorter than the distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, since Whis took 3 minutes traveling the distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, while Whis took 1 minute traveling between Beerus' castle and the unknown planet.

Sheoth said:
If we knew the distance from that unknown Planet to Bills' Planet, then we could say for certain.
....But since we don't know, there will still be some skeptics of course

However, with the amount of feats Toriyama is cranking out now, it really shouldn't be too long before we get a legit quantifiable MFTL speed feat.

I mean did you see Bills *SPOILERS* ------> destroy that Planet with that small blast that he just dropped on the ground? Thats insane! *END SPOILERS*
Hmmm I can technically calc the distance from the castle to the planet.... that is if Whis truly took 1 minute to travel the distance.

SchutzenDunkelZiel1217 said:
Rocks75 said:
Because it depends on how long Whis took to travel the distance. Did the movie say whis took 1 minute to travel from the castle to the planet. If so then yes I agree that Bills would be MFTL.
Beerus gave 3 minutes to Whis in searching food for him.

Whis took 1 minute in traveling from Beerus' castle to the planet.

Beerus was still in his castle when in that moment was talking to Whis, and later Beerus was already in the unknown planet.

So, Beerus at most took 1 minute and 40 seconds in traveling from his castle to the unknown planet, while Whis with his staff took 1 minute.

Rocks75 said:
A bit shorter than the distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, since Whis took 3 minutes traveling the distance between King Kai's planet and Earth, while Whis took 1 minute traveling between Beerus' castle and the unknown planet.
Dude I can do a proper calc for the distance but I need confirmation that Whis truly took 1 minute to travel the distance....

Rocks75 said:
Rocks75 said:
Beerus gave 3 minutes to Whis in searching food for him.

Whis took 1 minute in traveling from Beerus' castle to the planet.

Do we see Whis when he replied that there were still two minutes left. Alright I'll do a calc about this and I can guarantee you that I'll most definitely result in a MFTL+ Beerus... both the high end and low end...

Dbfan and critic said:
Not exactly....
How is it not exactly confirmed....
though I do belive if Beerus is MFTL it wouldn't transfer to his fight speed
However, Dragon Ball is well known to have characters that are faster in combat speed than in travel speed.

How is it not exactly confirmed....
though I do belive if Beerus is MFTL it wouldn't transfer to his fight speed

However, Dragon Ball is well known to have characters that are faster in combat speed than in travel speed.

How ever FTL combats speed in dragon ball wasn't even seen till battle of gods

And? no one in DB got a FTL travel speed until BoG neither.

Raditz is triple digits in travel speed, quadruple digits in combat and rection speed.

Master Roshi wasn't even sound speed in travel/running speed, he casually reacted bullets, and has Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed.

Dragon Ball was always combat speed >> travel speed, no one doubts about that, and others series are so, like Yu Yu Hakusho.

Well here's the calc. On Whis' profile it says that he flew through a distance spanning four galaxies in roughly half an hour.

I'll assume the galaxies to be the same size as our Galaxy so 100,000 Light years across.

Now four galaxies = 4 X 100,000 = 400,000.

A light year is around 9,460,800,000,000 km.

So 9,460,800,000,000 X 400,000 = 3,784,320,000,000,000,000 km.

Now divide that by 1560 (The time it took whis to Travel the 4 galaxy distance) and we get 2,425,846,153,846,153.84 km/s or 8,086,153,846.15 times the speed of light.

Now I like going through this method even if it may be a little confusing.

So Whis who can travel at 2,425,846,153,846,153.84 km/s took 1 minute to travel from the castle to the planet.

So distance from the castle to the planet = 2,425,846,153,846,153.84 X 60 and we get 145,550,769,230,769,230.4 km.

Now Beerus took 1 minute and 40 seconds or 100 seconds to travel to the planet from his castle.

So 145,550,769,230,769,230.4 km divided by 100 and we get Beerus' speed which is 1,455,507,692,307,692.304 km/s or 4,851,692,307.69 times the speed of light.

PS: I may have made a few mistakes and if I did please feel free to point them out.

I will insert MFTL+ travel/flying speed for Beerus.

Well, they are MFTL+ via powerscaling, they didn't get MFTL+ feats like Beerus did, but they are as strong as 80% Beerus.

Hmmmm I don't know. They are as strong as 80% Beerus true but they haven't really shown feats of this caliber.

However if Beerus' Combat Speed = His Travelling speed we could probably scale them...

Beerus' combat speed should be at least equal as his traveling speed, since Dragon Ball characters always were superior in combat speed than travel speed, there are a lot of examples.

Besides, SSG Goku can keep up with 70% Beerus.

Well I don't really mind putting them putting that at MFTL+ but I simply prefer setting stats based on feats than powerscalling.

Especially since quite a few people aren't really saying good things about us in a few sites. *cough*BeyonderGod*cough*

Ohhh, lol.

But tbh I don't care much about if that guy doesn't say good things about us.

Well I had a talk with him and it wasn't really all the pleasant. He gives me a headache that's all I'll say....

But anyway I'm fine with the powerscalling Vegeta and Golden Frieza from Beerus as well..

You know Dragon ball super is officially the best thing to happen to dragon ball Z in terms of stats we have casual Moon bust tapping Beerus Who also has a causal 6 x light speed Feat atleast and we also now have a Possably Massivly faster then light Beerus (gonna wait for more feats as this might just be an outliner for a gag scean) Whis (definitely MFTL with his staff) and God Goku Frieza and vegeta if we power scale speed

Dbfan and critic said:
You know Dragon ball super is officially the best thing to happen to dragon ball Z in terms of stats we have casual Moon bust tapping Beerus Who also has a causal 6 x light speed Feat atleast and we also now have a Possably Massivly faster then light Beerus Whis and God Goku Frieza and vegeta if we power scale speed
Agreed...

Really? He is still talking badly about us? I thought that I made peace with him?

Why are other people angry with us? I made rules about that we shouldn't talk badly about other communities, so we wouldn't provoke them.

As for the DBZ characters, I don't think that it is safe to place them at the same movement speed as flying speed. We need much better proof for that.

I don't know about now. As my talk with him was around two months back.

Cough*SeiryuShin blocked them and they got angry*Cough.....

Well how about this then we can place Goku, Vegeta, Frieza at MFTL+ flying speed but not combat or movement speed I think that this is alright....

Beerus MFTL+ travel speed => Agreed. (Thanks for the calc, Tom)

Beerus MFTL+ combat speed => Agreed. (with a possibly)

Goku, Vegeta MFTL+ travel speed => Agreed (with a likely)

Goku, Vegeta MFTL+ combat speed => Agreed. (with a possibly)

MFTL+ travel speed should be fine, I think, but I do not agree with automatically assuming MFTL+ combat speed.

Anyway, about the banning thing. Given that this community tends to attract very difficult or singleminded people, I have come to understand Seiryu's dilemma.

The only way for an admin to stay sane in this kind of environment while still doing his or her job is to ban the people that are too time-consuming and unproductive to deal with.

I don't like banning people, and even I have come around on this since it is such extremely tiresome work trying to keep track of everything. Our responsibility is towards maintaining the quality of the wiki, and if we get too exhausted to do our job, the wiki will collapse.

Seiryu banned me for half a year, and I have no grudges towards him. That he maintained some order was likely the main reason that the wiki survived for as long as it has.

Dbfan and critic said:
You know Dragon ball super is officially the best thing to happen to dragon ball Z in terms of stats we have casual Moon bust tapping Beerus Who also has a causal 6 x light speed Feat atleast and we also now have a Possably Massivly faster then light Beerus (gonna wait for more feats as this might just be an outliner for a gag scean) Whis (definitely MFTL with his staff) and God Goku Frieza and vegeta if we power scale speed
Hmm, I don't see that as a gag scene.

What is a gag scene is when Beerus destroyed planets accidentaly around his castle after he eats wasabi.

Back