• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dante wins in CQC, has quicksilver to close the gap, Archer doesn't lead with UBW and his Spatial Nuke is countered by Spatial Resistance

Don't know how fair this is

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dante doesn't have spatial manipulation resistance in this key (DMC3)

Resistance to Cosmic Radiations, Reality Warping, Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Petrification (Demons are stated to be resistant to the Beastheads assimilation process, which includes those abilities), Soul Manipulation (Adapted to Gilver's demon world nexus which was transforming the world into another demon world, which has an environment that is stated to turn souls into monsters), Corruption (Type 3. Can breathe on demonic air, which turns normal people into monsters), Mind Manipulation (The nexus effects includes the power to warp the minds of men), Disease Manipulation (Unaffected by the demon world which causes severe dizziness and nausea), Fear Manipulation (Unaffected by being in the presence of demons whose presence alone causes fear), Madness Manipulation (Type 3, endured being in the Demon World, which causes despair and insanity) and Possession (Resisted Ducas' attempts to possess him and stated that even as a child it wouldn't work)

Resistance to Extreme Cold (Can break out of Cerberus' ice), Biological Manipulation (Is capable of wielding the Force Edge without turning into a giant blob monster like Arkham), Paralysis Inducement (Is capable of fighting off the Soul Eaters, who are stated to paralyze their prey), Acid Manipulation (Can be able to walk through the Leviathan's stomach acid without taking any damage thanks to Devil Trigger), Blood Manipulation (Can fight off a sin's power to boil his blood) and Life Force Absorption

He doesn't get space resistance until DMC2

Dante resist spatial manipulation from being capable of taking hits from Yamato

DMC profiles are outdated in the moment

Caladbolg should work even with the spatial manip considering that's a pretty common fate resistance (Even servants without an MR skill have resistance to magic), so resisting it won't help him

I will say, I don't care too much about this fight, but I don't remember any magical attack that cuts space like Yamato to deal damage.

So no, Servants shouldn't have an inherent resistance to that.

That said Schnee, Caladbolg does ignore dura on some level, at least Archer's version. It's main way to deal damage is ripping and twisting space apart in the area around the arrow. Archer doesn't even shoot towards Medea but in her general direction and it still completely rips her shield spell apart, which is compared to Berserker's durability.

Anyway, Dante resists that stuff. And quicksilver really ***** over any attempt to fight CQC or snipe, so he should take this if it ain't a stomp.

Nasu clarifies that Herk had no time to evade the thing in the anime, and so he lost another life. Medea would have been shredded and turned into meat paste if she got hit directly.

But I'll try and look for the specific bit in the VN later to show you. My memory can be trashy after all, and sometimes I gotta eat my own hat :V

If Dante is able to keep pace with Archer, Dante can countersnipe him with weapons like Spiral and Ebony and Ivory. Plus like Schnee said, Dante can speedblitz with Quicksilver. He can also null spatial nuke with Royalguard iirc

Last edited:
I assume that Archer can only copy bladed weapons since it's never shown that he can copy stuff like firearms or blunt weapons like gauntlets. So I assume that Archer can only copy... Rebellion and Agni/Rudra, while Dante still has his other weapons like Cerberus, Nevan, Beowulf, and his ranged weapons like Ebony and Ivory, the Shotgun, Artemis, Spiral, and Kalina Ann. I could be completely wrong and Archer can go pew pew with other people's guns if he wanted to, I'm not quite sure actually.

Back