• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiamma will never be able to get past his regen even with Holy Right, and it will only be a matter of time before Beast surface-wipes the planet to kill him no matter where he is.

It's basically Cole vs Accelerator but Beast can eventually kill him.

This was the same argument last time. Fiamma teleports and uses Holy Right, can't get past Beast's Macro-Quantum Regenerationn.

The difference now is that The Beast can surface wipe the planet, which he will eventually do after being one-shot and regenerating over and over.

Fiamma was not like a Saint that pushed through with power and speed.Using a battle in an RPG as an example...What if there was a ridiculous command of "defeat" among the usual commands of "fight", "defend", "magic", and "item". Most likely, Fiamma would respond in the same way to Kanzaki or Acqua and he would defeat them just the same. It didn't matter if his speed or strength were inferior. His exceedingly overwhelming "power" ignored any actions taken by his opponent and simply crushed them. It was like pushing a giant wall along to flatten a sand hill made by a child.

lol at automatically assuming he can bypass regen based off random assumptions even after showing you from other people knowledgeable in To Aru saying he can't.

Albeit that's most lazy hunter, Aizen just went with it.

Yeah HR wouldn't overwhelm his regen it would ignore it and defeat him. It is hax like Brian says.

It's a hax not nfl, and it's possible because beast has lower dura. Yeah all hax are nfl anyway like all fiction, the heroes, etc.

Eganergo said:
It's a hax not nfl, and it's possible because beast has lower dura. Yeah all hax are nfl anyway like all fiction, the heroes, etc.
Beast is Multi Continent level+, Fiamma is actually much lower then him AP wise.

Eganergo said:
What Hax is it exactly?

Only commenting to mention that Holy Right is not Durability Negation, and neither does it negate Regenerationn or grants automatic victory to the user.

So with Fiamma winning being effectively out of the question

My main question is, can Fiamma deal with a Ray Sphere Blast?

It's that the "radiation blast" move? He should be able to block the physical blast, but there's no feats or statements that imply HR can protect Fiamma from radiation IIRC. He does have access to several healing grimoires in that key, but the only healing ritual we've seen pulled from them requires small amounts of prep and it's not something useful or wise to try mid-combat. So I think the radiation might ultimately get him, even if he can block the direct attack.

LazyHunter said:
Only commenting to mention that Holy Right is not Durability Negation, and neither does it negate Regenerationn or grants automatic victory to the user.
For the former we are talking bypass not negation theres a many quotes of it ignoring dura abilities and defense measures. Latter Aleister cut off his right arm so he obviously did not and could not use his HR abilities. the same with Othinus. So using those instances prove nothing.

Yes and no, it does induce a lot of radiation, but the main meat of the move is converting the individuals organs into Neuro Electricity if they're caught in the blast.

If the character is biological and they're hit by this, they can converted into this and die, but Fiamma can block this, the Radiation not so much.

Alright, since LD cleared that up, I'll go with the Beast via Ray Sphere blast and regen.

People more knowledgeble on To Aru (or at least more knowledgeble than me) say otherwise. Any feats of it negating High regen? Anything that can settle the debate on how this hax is supposed to work.

Durability Negation = bypassing Durability, they're both two ways of saying "this attack/ability doesn't care about conventional durability". If you want to give HR durability negation or other powers you can make a CRT. But if it isn't on the page, it shouldn't be used. Not that I agree with it, as the statements you might be thinking about are just hyperbole, like the statements about esper angel wings "feeling as if they could slice through anything in the world" and stuff like that.

HR didn't give Fiamma the victory against Aleister. Neither when Aleister sneak attacked him, or when Fiamma managed to manifest it again after losing his real right arm. Similarly, it didn't give him and Ollerus the victory when faced with 50/50 Othinus, despite 50/50 Othinus being an opponent that would be easily affected by things like Probability Manipulation or abilities that grant victory to the user

I believe it's 2:0 for the Beast? 3 counting Lazy but I don't know if he's voting (Albeit he did say the Blast would kill Fiamma and Beast can't be killed by him)

For now I'd prefer to not vote, though you can count it as a vote for Beast if you end up needing one more to settle it.

@lazy @P1 The result is the same but negation implies the obstacle is erased bypass implies it is jumped over or ignored. I'll make a CRT there are quotes that describe HR function that aren't hyperbole they even add context saying HR would effortlessly defeat Acqua regardless of what he did even tho he has passive damage/punishment nullification.

Lets make this clear. the Fiamma wins argument is referring to the strike that ends everything it touches, just so I know we are on the same page here. >HR didn't give Fiamma the victory against Aleister.

Because he didnt have his arm to use his OHKO.

>Neither when Aleister sneak attacked him, or when Fiamma managed to manifest it again after losing his real right arm.

Aleister apparently has a ability to bypass automatic defenses. The HR can defend itself but it does not use the strike that ends everything it touches. also The HR Fiamma Manifested was firstly, uncontrollable by him, and severely weakened,with the HR only able to defend itself and Fiamma not having access to it's powers to use his OHKO.

>Similarly, it didn't give him and Ollerus the victory when faced with 50/50 Othinus, despite 50/50 Othinus being an opponent that would be easily affected by things like Probability Manipulation or abilities that grant victory to the user

Again Fiamma does not have his arm and cannot use the HR's ability to oneshot. Infact he didn't even manifest the HR, only the sugarwater surrounding the space around his arm, and the entire fight was offscreen.

I'm pretty sure Fiamma can use St. George's Sanctuary to survive RSB.

Inconclusive.

St. George's Sanctuary: A high-class defensive spell which distorts space-time. Two magic circles over two meters across appear and glow before exploding into something that looks like pitch black lightning. This is described as cracking space open, with the cracks quickly spreading in front of the user and looking like a barrier preventing anyone from approaching them. Additionally, something that seems to be pulsating swells up from within the cracks, and a beast-like scent wafts in from the slight opening created by the pitch black cracks. Kamijou Touma instinctually realized that the thing inside the cracks was very dangerous, even if he didn't know what it was exactly.

Huh. I misremembered what that did. I thought it was basically a nigh invunerable bunker that defended against pretty much any attack (Within practicality, of course.).

Well, Beast for the reasons above then.

I agree with LazyHunter about the fact that the holy right neither is durability negation nor gets past high Regenerationn.

That said I don't agree with the fact that surface wiping would work here. One has to consider that the practical destructive power of an explosion (or any other AoE attack) decreases with the inverse square of the distance it has to cover before hitting the opponent. Surface wiping while Fiamma is at a distance means that the attack power is too spread up to do damage to go past fiammas defenses.

How does it stand with energy consumption in InFAMOUS? Does regenerating and stuff make use of some limited energy pool the characters have or does it work without power consumption/they have an infinite power source?

I am asking, because, if it takes effort to regenerate, killing until the stamina runs out is an option here.

Otherwise this is entirely dependend on the index controller.

Nice response, wish I saw this more.

It does not take stamina to regenerate, in fact the Beast required to transfer his powers into an individual when it wanted to kill itself, even then he fought for years with zero real issue.

And Surface Wiping isn't what's killing Fiamma he can block that all day and be fine, question is will ther Radiation that will be infesting the planet thus making it impossible to safely breath be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back