• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Book Maker specifically brings people down to Kumagawa's level in all aspects, why would it not work against her to restrict the Earth Mother's Authority?

All Fiction can even be used to ensure the attack lands by erasing the time taking for it to land, which would also bypass Ponita Theron due to the Causality Manipulation mechanics.

The End can copy anything as long as it isn't impossible for Medaka biologically, what's preventing her from copying the abilities she shows in battle? The Authority is manifested in a skill called Potina Theron which can be copied as it is a specific ability. She can't copy the nature of her existence, but the individual skills used should be fair game.

Because it can't do anything her to begin with specifically because it is affected by Authority.

I can see that working, but Medaka would need to work out that Authority is causality first, which there isn't really any evidence of. Attacks just don't seem to work against her.

No, the skill is a manifestation of the Authority. No Authority = no Skill. The Skill does not give the Divine Authority, the skill is a manifestation of the Divine Authority BB already has. The skill is a result of the nature of her existence, not an ability on its own. Plus biologically speaking, BB's an AI.

@Galaxian

Well, the problem with Book Maker is that she needs to drive a screw into BB. Due to the Earth Mother's Authority, that screw gets nulled before it even hits her due to it "never happening".

My only problem with The End is the fact that Medaka has to be able to fully comprehend how BB's Authority works before she can copy it. But aside from outright invincibility, there's no indication of its mechanics unless BB stops to tell her, which is unlikely at best given how serious and monotone she was during her boss fight.

>Well, the problem with Book Maker is that she needs to drive a screw into BB

I wanna congratulate you in avoiding a pu.

And i love you for that Gae Bolg thingy ahah no i hate you for that and i'm gonna hold it for the rest of my heart

Weird images are popping into my head and it's all your fault ALRF.

I don't think Medaka has any authority here to go screwing BB.

That's what she has Rein hard for. Neeeeeevermind.

There, I made it you sick pervs. Carry on.

@Scarlet

I honestly wish people would stop making so many of them and use any other of the dozens of Servant profiles we have.

@Reppy I tried to make an initiative on that, and I have a Meltlilith thread going on as you've seen. On top of positively making a decision to not make any more BB threads. Going smoothly so far, thankfully.

'k, I'll vote BB here for reasons above: Given what was explained mostly by Reppu and Laciel (and if that counts, my whole experience with the character by now) I'm fairly sure that even if this turns out to be a western shoot out of who pulls their hax on the other first, BB should have the edge.

Furthermore, I feel like Medaka's options will be narrowed due to the Authority so, if she makes a mistep on her initial course of action, this might go very badly for her.

All in all I can't say BB wins all the time in the clash of hax that is bound to happen, but in the long run I actually feel like she has the decisive edge.

@Reppu The End can copy skills even if Medaka just hears about it, so I'm don't think she needs to completely understand it entirely to copy it.

All in all, I'll vote for BB though because Medaka doesn't have any means to prevent a Time Paradox if it's used on her.

@Galaxian

If she hears about it. She has no way of knowing how BB's Authority works unless BB outright stops to tell her, which I highly doubt it going to happen.

BB wins this one. Ajimu has stated that Medaka is vulnerable to power nullification, and Medaka has been shown to be vulnerable to sealing, deaging and memory manipulation (the last two acting as power nullification for any ability learned prior to the deaging or erased from memory). Even if she is somehow immune to BB's rule-changing abilities, Medaka's character will cause her to stay within the rules BB establishes (though Medaka will try to work around the rules and find loop-holes).

The main reason Medaka's tier is listed as "unknown" is that various abilities she acquired are hax due to her manga being metafiction/parody. However, within Medaka Box, BB would be comparable to Ajimu Najimi using a more complete version of Hundred Gauntlets, a perfect All-Fiction and a weakened version of The End, all while being a Nursery Rhyme User and having several otherwise unexplored abilities such as time travel. The only thing that would let Medaka beat BB is the hax nature of her world itself.

Encounter wouldn't work, nor would book maker, nor would unknown hero and I doubt reading minds would either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back