• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread was needed.

But not highlight my thread? </3

Anyway, gameplay wise, it acts like time slow.

In lore, it is described as speed boost.

In general lore > gameplay.

The only issue I see that is valid is that it is described as both as a type of augmented reactions and also 'temporal control'

I lost track in that thread tbh.

The argument is that because Witch Time puts the witch in a "Hyper-sensorial state" it isn't Time Slow.

Except that if you slowed down time you would be able to perceive things you normally wouldn't with normal-speed time, so it's literally just a semantics game.

Basically no one has given actual evidence that it's NOT time slow other than a non credible statement from Antonio, whereas every instance in both games it is demonstrated to be a time slow

It being described as a temporal control is evidence of Time Slow TBH. You can't enhance your senses by controling time.

It's a speed bost IMO. It's flat-out stated by Antonio to amp the 5 senses, and all the scans are from Bayonetta's perspective.

Kepekley23 said:
It's a speed bost IMO. It's flat-out stated by Antonio to amp the 5 senses, and all the scans are from Bayonetta's perspective.
A non credible source and scenes that are blatant time slow do not make it just a speed boost. And from Rosas perspective time was slowed as well.

I agree with Kepekley btw, after reading the thread.

It acts closer to Raiden's Ripper Mode then it does a temporal control imo.

And UMR practically linked sources in the original.

But I am open to debate.

Anyways to continue from the last thread can anyone provide two examples like Kep asked?

"> Ones that aren't from Bayo's perspective.

Find me two."

Amping the five senses wouldn't make Bayonetta so fast that everything is slowed down to a crawl. And the Witch Time is not just a reactions boost but a movement speed boost, going by this logic.

Except these same sources say that it is done through Manipulation of Time, and never state Bayonetta's speed is amped.

Through this we can obtain two conclusions:

• Bayonetta manipulates time somehow granting herself enhanced senses, and enhanced speed as well despite the description never stating that.
OR:

• Bayonetta manipulates time, slowing it to a crawl. This in effect puts her in a hyper-sensorial state, where she can perceive events that would happen in the blink of an eye normally.

> has the word "Time" in it

> is either time slowing or speed rising

> character made by Kamiya, who also made Dante who has three methods of stopping time and at least one method of slowing time but no notable method of raising his speed

Uhm, this probably isn't the best way to decide, but what happens when multiple Bayonettas use Witch Time in Smash?

I'm not an expert on Bayonetta buuut

>µòÁÒü«µö╗µÆâÒéÆÒé«Òâ¬Òé«Òâ¬ÒüºÕø×Úü┐ÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿þ¡ëÒüºþÖ║ÕïòÒüÖÒéïµÖéÚûôµôìõ¢£ÞíôÒÇéÒüùÒü░ÒéëÒüÅÕæ¿Õø▓Òü«µÖéÚûôÒüîÚüàÒüÅÒü¬ÒéèÒÇüµòÁÒéÆþäíÚÿ▓ÕéÖÒü¬þèµàïÒü½ÒüÖÒéïõ║ïÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇéWTõ©¡Òü»µòÁÒü½Òé¼Òâ╝ÒâëÒéäÕø×Úü┐ÒéÆÒüòÒéîÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒü¬ÒüÅÒÇüµòÁÒü«µö╗µÆâÒüîÒâÆÒââÒâêÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéÒüôÒü«Òé▓Òâ╝ÒâáÒü«ÞéØÒü¿Òü¬ÒéïÒéÀÒé╣ÒâåÒâáÒü«õ©ÇÒüñÒÇé

It clearly says Witch Time is about delaying the time of what surrounds Bayonetta

Kepekley23 said:
This. Thread over.

In any event im assuming we debunked the WT planetary range?

Bayo3
Bayo2
Bayo133
Bayo1423
Bayo123
I'm saying if anything, Witch Time only affects Bayonetta herself, not other people, if it even is time manipulation in the first place because multiple in-game sources call witch time a "hyper sensitive state", basically increasing physical attributes, peak emotional energy, and heightening all 5 senses.
I fail to see how time manipulation improves the body.

>Has time in the name

>Described as time manipulation

>The description which supposedly says it is a Speed Amp never says it amps speed.

>Somehow not a time-slow despite being self-evidently so based on every single instance.

smh

I agree with Sins and Kepe here. Seems like very good speed amp. Raiden (Metal Gear) from Metal Gear Rising was denied Time Manipulation and it was considered very good statics amp. This is no different imo.

How does enhancing one's senses=Speed boost.

Enhancing touch doesn't boost my speed.

Enhancing my sight doesn't boost my speed.

Enhancing my hearing doesn't boost my speed.

Enhancing my taste doesn't boost my speed.

Enhancing my smell doesn't boost my speed.

>Has time in the name

Light Speed activates at the speed of light?

>Described as time manipulation

ALRF translated Light Speed

>>The description which supposedly says it is a Speed Amp never says it amps speed.

It also never says it is a time-stop

Also smash bros is not a Bayonetta game, using arguments from that game is as credible as me using SMT Dante in a DMC debate.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
I agree with Sins and Kepe here. Seems like very good speed amp. Raiden (Metal Gear) from Metal Gear Rising was denied Time Manipulation and it was considered very good statics amp. This is no different imo.

Except Raiden has 0 evidence of Time Manipulation and it is outright stated to be a Speed Amp. This is the opposite, stated to be Time Manipulation.

Unite My Rice said:
Also smash bros is not a Bayonetta game, using arguments from that game is as credible as me using SMT Dante in a DMC debate.
The point was that there's a lot of evidence pointing to time manipulation to the point of even a crossover having it be so should speak volumes.

The real cal howard said:
Again, even Smash has it as time slow. I know it's the epitome of non-canon, but that should speak for something, given they never got things that inaccurate.
Can you stop bringing up non-canon subjects? That will not help your case at all and is just a waste of time to discuss.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Unite Antonio notebook isn't credible so I don't know why you keep trying to use it as evidence

Just because you say something isn't credible doesn't mean it is when it has been proven many times to be credible, otherwise I wouldn't be spearheading the downgrades on your verse. But that's another topic. :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back