• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the most badass female characters in video game history.

Fight takes place on Earth. Bayonetta is allowed to summon Queen Sheba and Samus is allowed all of her equipment.

FIGHT

Bayonetta
Samus

Assuming they're both at their best Samus has a massive DC, Durability, and Speed advantage. If I didn't know better this would be a spite thread.

I like Bayonetta as a character better, but Samus takes this handily.

Is this techinically a spite thread? I figured since at their strongest they're only one number apart in tiers that this would be a fair match up.

Regardless, I totally agree that Samus takes this.

Bayonetta: 0

Samus: 2

As much as i like Bayonetta, Samus just takes this. At her best, she's Low 4-C and has superior stats from what Reppuzan pointed out.

0 for Bayonetta and 5 for Samus

So we're all in agreement to add this to the Notable victory/loss then?

0 for Bayonetta and 6 for Samus.

I'm actually rather saddened that we haven't had any Bayo supporters on here so far. Is there any way that I could find some or do we just have to wait?

Isn't that star-level feat from Samus and Joey, which doesn't even sound canon?

I would also think that Bayo's Witch Time would close up that speed gap.

Not really on any team, just spitballing.

A. Are you sure? It's a manga about Samus going on adventures with a spunky little kid. Joey doesn't even die, leaving the reason why he's never mentioned again completely unexplained. It's kinda the opposite of what Metroid usually is.

B. What's the other one?

A-Idk why they don't talk about him. Maybe its because Samus barely talks?

B-There was a calc to Samus's Ice Beam and Samus being able to damage Dark Samus

If Samus and Joey is canon then why isn't it on her page? :/ I would love to see Samus become even more broken.

Even with Queen Sheba, Samus stomps rather hard.

What is Samus and Joey and why does it make Samus more broken?

Also, 0 for Bayonetta and 8 for Samus.

And while I'm at it, addressing what WarriorWare stated about Witch Time, while it would most certainly help Bayonetta in the speed department, Samus still has a vast advantage in arsenal and overall power. Even if Bayo was much faster than Samus, Samus still has her Hypermode which renders her invulnerable to damage. And even without Samus's Hypermode and Ice Beam, she still has the Light Beam which basically purges dark creatures and energy. This would most likely be very effective against Bayonetta seeing as how all of her powers seem to have dark roots and properties.

Samus is more likely to win due to superior stats. With that being said they are still both badass female characters regardless who wins or loses.

0 for Bayonetta and 9 for Samus.

If we reach 10 for Samus then I think it's safe to say that Samus won the battle.

Samus: 10

Welp, looks like we have a winner. Unless any of you have any objections, I'm gonna add this as a notable victory/loss

Otakuzoid said:

Samus: 10

Welp, looks like we have a winner. Unless any of you have any objections, I'm gonna add this as a notable victory/loss
Well everyone agrees that Samus wins so you can add it to her notable victories and Bayonetta's notable losses.

SomebodyStupid said:
A-Samus and Joey is canon
B-Thats not the only star level feat
What makes you think Samus & Joey is canon? It doesn't contradict anything form the games, but Samus & Joey haven't been mentioned by Nintendo in any way. I want it to be canon really bad, but I'm not sure if it is or not.

Also, this discussion is barely a day old, I would while a while for Bayonetta fans to come up with a reasonable, factual defense. Besides, there hasn't been much actual discussion, it's just people voting for Samus but not really saying why in great detail.

While Bayonetta may have Witch Time and the firepower of Queen Sheba she is still lacking overall in terms of actual damage output. From our current stats for Samus the bounty hunter is far superior in almost every category. In addition, under most circumstances Bayonetta needs to dodge to activate Witch Time or use the Bracelet of Time to activate it manually. However, Given Samus's vastly superior speed and reflexes this is unlikely to even impossible in a full-on bloodlusted fight or even an in-character Samus as long as she has a hit on Bayonetta. In addition, while Queen Sheba is powerful she lacks the firepower to put down Samus at her best. Thus Samus wins.

Though in all honesty I wouldn't find it impossible that they'd just talk for a while and get a drink at the Gates of Hell.

TheAccursedHunter01 said:
SomebodyStupid said:
A-Samus and Joey is canon
B-Thats not the only star level feat
What makes you think Samus & Joey is canon? It doesn't contradict anything form the games, but Samus & Joey haven't been mentioned by Nintendo in any way. I want it to be canon really bad, but I'm not sure if it is or not.
Also, this discussion is barely a day old, I would while a while for Bayonetta fans to come up with a reasonable, factual defense. Besides, there hasn't been much actual discussion, it's just people voting for Samus but not really saying why in great detail.
And whats preventing from being canon? Nothing, so why is that even in doubt, you do realize that it has a sequel too right? I doubt Nintendo would make a sequal for a non-canon series, especially since Metroid: Joey and Samus wasn't nearly as popular as Pkmn Adv, Super Mario-kun, etc. They also barely talk about Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Hunters but they are canon. Anyways, this is getting off-topic if you wanna discuss the canon grounds on Metroid pm me in chat or leave a message on my wall. (Oh, and even if it isn't canon we still have the other star feats so yeah)

This isn't even close, Samus' EVERYTHING is above Bayonetta's. Remember, Zebes has nearly ONE THOUSAND times the gravity that earth has. Even in constant witch time Bayonetta would still struggle to even percieve Samus' movements.

Edit: I forgot the period at the end of my sentence.

And whats preventing from being canon? Nothing, so why is that even in doubt, you do realize that it has a sequel too right? I doubt Nintendo would make a sequal for a non-canon series, especially since Metroid: Joey and Samus wasn't nearly as popular as Pkmn Adv, Super Mario-kun, etc. They also barely talk about Metroid Other M and Metroid Prime Hunters but they are canon. Anyways, this is getting off-topic if you wanna discuss the canon grounds on Metroid pm me in chat or leave a message on my wall. (Oh, and even if it isn't canon we still have the other star feats so yeah)

I just want to say, that the Metroid wiki ( http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Samus_and_Joey ) Does mark Samus and Joey as non-canical. Though I'm a little late in stating it.

I just want to say, that the Metroid wiki ( http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Samus_and_Joey ) Does mark Samus and Joey as non-canical. Though I'm a little late in stating it.
"This article or section contains information that may not be considered an official part of the
Metroid series
in the overall storyline by
Nintendo
." it says maybe. but not sure if it matters since shes still star level by other feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back