• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random encounter. Bayonetta will have all her weapons and Mario will have his power-ups. Speed equalized. Who wins?

Smugmario
Hey look its Ryu ovo

Eyes of Bayonetta Coverart

I really need to get on those upgrades so this can be fair AP-wise...

Okay, im not super familiar with Mario's powers, does he have an answer for Witch Time, Shuraba, Bazillions, Rodin, the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, and the Purgatorio intangibility/invisibility?

Would the AP gap really be reduced to a point where it really matters tho? Bayo will be somewhat close to baseline while Mario is 50% of 4-B

I mean yeah but he most likely one-shot in both cases. He is 700 times above baseline High 4-C or something like that

Not like it matters much though, because he lacks resistance to almost all of Bayo's hax, so pretty sure that she wins quite handily

Yeah, Bayo wins easily, it doesn't matter how high his AP is if he gets instantly time stopped.

I wouldn't say a stomp, but yeah Bayo take this fairly easily, one time stop and it's over.

So, what's to stop Mario from killing baby Cereza. Or anything she does vaporizing before it can hax him with any invincible item due to its OHK status on anything it comes in contact with (say NLF and take one look at the AP). And how can she hax what she can't see with the Vanish Cap? And if she doesn't instantly timestop, which is a possibility due to her personality (random encounter, so this argument is legit), she loses. Badly.

Time stop, time paradox immunity and i'm pretty sure that it's in character for her to activate the time stop at least while trying to dodge (as that's pretty much the gameplay of both games)

The real cal howard said:
So, what's to stop Mario from killing baby Cereza. Or anything she does vaporizing before it can hax him with any invincible item due to its OHK status on anything it comes in contact with (say NLF and take one look at the AP). And how can she hax what she can't see with the Vanish Cap? And if she doesn't instantly timestop, which is a possibility due to her personality (random encounter, so this argument is legit), she loses. Badly.
Time paradox immunity considering she casually talks to her and is completely fine.

Too bad he'll get time stopped the moment he's about too. Also what personality? The one where she's serious the moment she see's an enemy she has no idea how strong?

And how can she hax what she can't see with the Vanish Cap?
Seeing as literally every enemy she fights is invisible by default and she can both sense them and see them (Her glasses have a special enchantment that allows her and anyone who wears them to see things that are invisible), invisibility shouldnt be an issue for her.

You make a fantastic point. However.

Legitimately nothing she has can get past the aura of the Star powerup (using aura loosely). She uses Bazillions, they break on his aura. Rodin, same. Rinse and repeat. And if she does timestop, it extends the time. And given that Star is one of the few power ups that stack, yeah. If she didn't need to make contact to kill him, then I'd change my mind, but everything she can do gets lolnope'd by that one very "Mario" powerup.Hax doesn't always get around pure AP, especially when the opponent has it as well.

@Gar. Last time I checked, overconfidence is a weakness on her profile. And I doubt most people would find a 5'2" at best chubby Italian man threatening.

Gargoyle One said:
Wait how does the aura work in stopped time.
It's not like it instantly diminishes because time is stopped, or anything for that matter. For example, going into the sun during a timestop will still kill you, as it's the sun (otherwise you're assuming the sun stops functioning during a timestop, which leads to a number of things).

@Gar. Last time I checked, overconfidence is a weakness on her profile. And I doubt most people would find a 5'2" at best chubby Italian man threatening.
Doesn't stop her from using Witch Time in character against fodder.

Mind elaborating?

I'm honestly asking. Only Bayonetta thing I've seen other than Smash was a FineBros react video about the beginning of Bayo 2, and iirc, she was incredibly casual and didn't use witch time (haven't seen it in a while though)

Look at Bayo 1 and 2. Witch Time is usually a go to technique in both Bayo 1 and 2. She always uses it against fodder. Overconfidence weaknesses are also heavily wanked as well. Yes, she's overconfident, but that doesn't stop her from going for the kill at all.

I mean...She's not going to use it against fodder even though she does anyway.

Pretty much every time she's fought someone who was a threat to her such as Jeanne, Balder or higher level angels, she uses witch time.

Well, the main crux of Cal's argument is that Star Power-Up. But can you show me a time in which it saved him from Soul Hax? Molecular hax? Empathic hax?

Shit, worded that wrong. XD

I mean....She's not going to immediately start with witch time against fodder though she will if she needs too.

I'm not saying she won't use it. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if she doesn't use it in the first five seconds, which is a very real possibility, it's not looking pretty, given that not only does he have multiple invincibility items with the same function, but anything he can do can and will kill.

I mean, during her fight in the city in Bayo 1 she started with Witch Time iirc. And the time she was fighting fodder.

I'm not saying she won't use it. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that if she doesn't use it in the first five seconds, which is a very real possibility, it's not looking pretty, given that not only does he have multiple invincibility items with the same function, but anything he can do can and will kill.
Except it is in character for Bayo to spam Witch Time. It is just as much as a possibility for her to use it as well. Also once again, she will also go straight for the kill. This has been shown countless times, even against fodder. And I don't remember invincibility ever saving him for getting his soul absorbed or atomization haxes. People overrate overconfidence a lot.

I am voting for Bayonetta here via Witch Time and Shuraba.

@Dragon. See, if she could do that with energy instead of physical things, you'd have a point. Those things won't touch him. They'll break. Swing a soul swinging 9-B axe at say, the Android Barrier, but the Android Barrier OHKOs things with a touch.

Is it more in character for the first thing she doe being Witch Time? Or would it be something like her guns. I think the latter is far more likely for a first move.

@Dragon. See, if she could do that with energy instead of physical things, you'd have a point. Those things won't touch him. They'll break. Swing a soul swinging 9-B axe at say, the Android Barrier, but the Android Barrier OHKOs things with a touch.
The Star power helps him from the slash, but not the soul absorption. And the Star power and Android barrier are two different abilities. And this is assuming he uses said star power before Bayo Witch Times.

Is it more in character for the first thing she doe being Witch Time? Or would it be something like her guns. I think the latter is far more likely for a first move.
Show me a time in plot that Mario just went Star Power crazy. And both are equally viable as Bayo mixes in Witch Time into her attack naturally. So even if she starts shooting, Witch Time is sure to follow.

@Cal Bazillions fires energy projectiles

And yes, its in character for her to lead with Witch Time, is it in character for Mario to instantly pop a Power Star at the beginning of a fight?

If Mario is about to hit her she witch times, it's that simple.

What may tip it in her favor is if she blocks the attack instead of using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back