• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the humanoids (Will Blake vs SCP-3199)

Also maybe if we give him knowledge of the creatures it would help?
Dude, Will already almost stomps (over exaggeration- he just has far higher chances of winning, to the point where 3199 would need to get Lucky to do much without their Eggs) via 4x higher AP and higher Speed, 2 forms of Immortality and touch-based pseudo-passive Corruption. I don’t think he needs Prior Knowledge, it’d just make this unfair.

So, fast-forwarding to the End where it’s revealed he’s now a werewolf. No timeline is revealed. Grady reveals that Will bit him, and his mom says the Swamp Hermit carried him home. Will is gone, now. Month passes, and Grady simply reveals he’s now a werewolf, simple as that.

Doesn’t that Scan say it squirted them both? Only one person seems immediately effected, the other person seems in-control. Grady is also in-control of himself, and isn’t acting like that at all. Also, which book is that?
Vampire Breath is where that’s from. Also, the effect does seem to be immediate seeing as it does affect the one girl straight away, maybe saying the speed that it affects something varies? Either way, it does seem to be relatively quick.

Giving him knowledge does make it pretty unfair, since he could just literally throw the original creature in the water and win instantly. I feel as if I could go with incon here, as Will could likely figure out that they’re scared of water, as he retains his intelligence, but overall it seems to come down to 2 scenarios.

1. Will doesn’t figure out that they try to avoid the water in the swamp, and gets overwhelmed by numbers.
2. Will figures out that they try to avoid water, and attempts to put them into water, winning via incap.

I think my vote will go to incon here.

I’d imagine that if the effect varies from Instant to Very Slow, and we assume the middle ground, it’d still take longer for something that’s barely human. But no matter, I provided why I think the sweat won’t effect the eggs.

That could work- Will is above average in Intelligence. Honestly that depends on where Gews changes the area to, that place may not have Water around.

True, but also if it’s not a warm environment, we don’t know how long the eggs could take to hatch.
But, it was only like 59 degrees Farenheit if we go on the SCP profile, 9 minutes, being increased 7 degrees celsius, presumably from 0 degrees celsius, so it doesn’t even need to be a very warm environment.

I just remembered this. Actually the disease of Fever Swamp isn’t immediate, so in reality Fever Swamp is a fine location. Like If it were immediate then Grady would have likely either died or gone insane as soon as he moved in.

Actually the disease of Fever Swamp isn’t immediate, so in reality Fever Swamp is a fine location. Like If it were immediate then Grady would have likely either died or gone insane as soon as he moved in.
Interesting, this would keep my vote at incon.

Nope, doesn’t need a long time at all. It’s only stated that it’s faster when warm.
Cool, but it seems like the location isn’t going to get changed anyway.

I actually think that since he does have Above Average intelligence, it’s likely that he would figure out their weakness, since, you know, it’s an entire swamp. There’s water everywhere. I think i’ll be changing my vote to Will Blake here.

Would he think to submerge them, though? Yeah, they’re making active attempts to avoid the water, but would he actually think to submerge the Eggs in water, especially since they don’t have any visible effect when doing so?

Would he think to submerge them, though? Yeah, they’re making active attempts to avoid the water, but would he actually think to submerge the Eggs in water, especially since they don’t have any visible effect when doing so?
I’m thinking he’d just put the creatures into the water, causing them not to be able to reproduce since their bodies would just effectively shut off, and they’d die. He has literal days of fighting these things to figure it out, because of his stamina.
It seems more than likely for me.

Their bodies don’t ’shut off and die’. Being submerged is their Emergency Containment procedure, and they currently have 6 in containment. These things just don’t spit Acid or Hatch while underwater, and overall become a bit peaceful, when not trying to become unsubmerged. With no visible effect and these things hatching every < 7 minutes, what are the chances he drops an Egg in there, and keeps it in there long enough for Incap?

Also, quick question. Even if the affects of Fever Swamp aren’t instant, they’ve still got to trigger eventually. If the match is lasting for Days due to Stamina, shouldn’t the swamp still be unfair?

Their bodies don’t ’shut off and die’. Being submerged is their Emergency Containment procedure, and they currently have 6 in containment. These things just don’t spit Acid or Hatch while underwater, and overall become a bit peaceful, when not trying to become unsubmerged. With no visible effect and these things hatching every < 7 minutes, what are the chances he drops an Egg in there, and keeps it in there long enough for Incap?

Also, quick question. Even if the affects of Fever Swamp aren’t instant, they’ve still got to trigger eventually. If the match is lasting for Days due to Stamina, shouldn’t the swamp still be unfair?
“Instances go completely inert and lose all abilities when underwater,” unless the profile is wrong, it seems that they just don’t reproduce while underwater since they lose all abilities, and reproducing is one of their abilities. There’d be no reason for Will to attempt taking them out of the water, so I see no reason that he couldn’t win through incap.

They’ve got to trigger, but if they’re just incapacitated by then it’s irrelevant since they’d already have lost due to being incap for over 24 hours.

According to Gews, Grady lived there for multiple days without being affected by the disease, so it doesn’t seem applicable at all.

Back