• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
9-A versions used
Pieces of the Apple of Eden are restricted
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Taiga forest, 20 meters apart with no LoS

Guy who stopped Sindel's massacre : 7
My favorite assassin in the series : 0
Incon : 0

Story below

Revenant Nightwolf looked through The Hourglass angrily. Believing that The Matoka has betrayed him, he searched through the bowels of history, looking for those who served as her champion before slaughtering them mercilessly. And now, he has found another target. A man who goes by the name Ratonhnhaké:ton.

Connor walked through the snowy forest, a number of hoof tracks stretching ahead of him. On his shoulder is his cherished daughter, Io:nhiòte who was currently shutting her eyes, seemingly focusing on something.

"Now remember, an important factor of this ability is focus. Ignore all other sounds, including my voice, and just focus on finding the herd" said the assassin.
"It's just trees. I'm not seeing anyth... Father I see them! They took a left turn after the lake!" replied his daughter happily.

"Impressive! You've improved so much these last few days" said Connor before putting down Io:nhiòte to hug her "I am so proud of you". Suddenly, a sandstorm appeared behind them and out steps Nightwolf, anger present in his face. "Ratonhnhaké:ton! For your allegiance to the great spirit, I shall bring your end!" he said while raising his tomahawk. The assassin looked at his daughter before calling his horse and putting her on it. "Run and don't stop running until you reach the village. If he finds you, go to the homestead. They will teach you how to fight. Until then, run" said Connor before sending his horse away with his daughter on it. He then looked at the mad combatant before disappearing into the trees.

Last edited:
So I'm just going to ignore the story since it assumes that both of them wield the Great Spirit's power, which shouldn't be the case because they're two different characters in two different stories from two different franchises.

Connor is baseline building level which means his opponent is ~25x stronger than him. Nightwolf's got more than enough for a oneshot and Connor would break his hand/weapon and do no significant damage if he tries to hurt him with melee attacks.

That being said, does Connor have anything to compensate for that weakness? Too tired to read through his profile rn

So I'm just going to ignore the story since it assumes that both of them wield the Great Spirit's power, which shouldn't be the case because they're two different characters in two different stories from two different franchises.

Connor is baseline building level which means his opponent is ~25x stronger than him. Nightwolf's got more than enough for a oneshot and Connor would break his hand/weapon and do no significant damage if he tries to hurt him with melee attacks.

That being said, does Connor have anything to compensate for that weakness? Too tired to read through his profile rn
Time travel is known to mess up continuity. How else did Nightwolf fight his future self while both are in control of the great spirit?

Anyway he has a few advantages
1. While lack LoS benefits both characters, Connor has extra sensory perception via eagle sight and invisibility via wolf cloak
2. He is an analyst so he will take note of his opponent can do. The fact that Nightwolf has a similar arsenal as him helps decently
3. This key of Connor has summoning (Wolves. They're comparable to characters in the series) to bait out any of his opponent's attacks
4. Connor's fighting style in CqC involves avoiding his opponent's attacks as much as possible and attacking when an opening comes.
5. When given stealth, he will try to perform a takedown and he does have a superior LS to back him up

Which begs the question, does choking someone take LS?

Last edited:
I'm not sure on what you're confused about and I don't see how that is important here.

What do you mean by LoS? Line of sight?

His analyzing skills don't seem to cover gaining information about the opponent's supernatural powers or magic. I'm just reading this from his profile and I think it could only help him study his physical techniques. Thing is, that kind of info is insufficient against a guy who can integrate his powers into his fighting style, so chances are Connor might be able to learn Nightwolf's CQC but he's up for a nasty surprise when Nightwolf starts using green energy or lightning.

How does this baiting out an opponent's attack work?

Doesn't really sound special, that's surprisingly common in martial arts. And that brings us back to the problem of Nightwolf's superior physicals barring LS.

Nightwolf could just free himself by using a small part of his light beam attack. The power depends on how much of its incantation is recited, but he can just invoke part of it to summon a lesser beam that doesn't disintegrate him. This weakened beam is powerful enough to harm the likes of Cetrion, so I'm going to assume that Connor is going to feel much worse damage from this attack.

Yes it does, and it's more useful when applied on an area of the body that has poor lifting capabilities (anywhere that isn't the arms or legs or whatever body part the character doesn't use to lift or is just displayed as weaker) but it's not too useful here since Nightwolf more than compensates for that with his powers.

How does this baiting out an opponent's attack work?
Baiting simply means figuring out what attacks he has by watching him fighting off the wolves. As a bonus, it allow Connor to know that he will get one-shot and his attacks would do less damage...

I'm planning on switching to 9-A but I need to know something. >15x AP advantage is when a one-shot happens, right?

Because Connor scales from a 0.25 ton dura calc while MK 9-As are 0.02 ton. That's a bit over a 12x AP advantage

Last edited:
So... A bit over 2x advantage? Alright, I'll change the specifications. Just know that Connor has lost his summoning and invisibility from the previous discussion. Lack of Line of Sight is still present to back their stealth mastery.

Speed is equalized, and what makes stealth so deadly is the speed of a stealthy attack that a victim is usually oblivious to until they realize they've been struck. Since speed is equal, stealth is less effective here so both can anticipate each others attacks that either of them execute via stealth. The sound of a blade slicing the air, footsteps (especially in a forest where there's so much twigs, stones, soil, etc. that makes noise when stepping on 'em), gunshots, etc. can all be heard to anticipate a stealth attack.

None of them can hide traces of their presence which makes stealth options even less effective. Although this affects Connor even more who frequently utilizes stealth, whereas Nightwolf has no feats or statements displaying any skill in stealth--this isn't a problem though since Nightwolf can do just fine without stealth attacks.

Nightwolf is one of the few characters to not have a jobber status, even including his revenant who at least has one win against Shang. Thanks to that nice record of beating lots of people, he should arguably be one of the more skilled kombatants in MK. His revenant should presumably retain the other skill feats in his previous life that made Geras regard his past self as the most dangerous Nightwolf among the descendants of the lineage of the Nightwolf mantle. I don't know about Connor's skill feats but I'd like to hear that before I establish who wins here.

Speed is equalized, and what makes stealth so deadly is the speed of a stealthy attack that a victim is usually oblivious to until they realize they've been struck. Since speed is equal, stealth is less effective here so both can anticipate each others attacks that either of them execute via stealth. The sound of a blade slicing the air, footsteps (especially in a forest where there's so much twigs, stones, soil, etc. that makes noise when stepping on 'em), etc. can all be heard to anticipate a stealth attack.

None of them can hide traces of their presence which makes stealth options even less effective. Although this affects Connor even more who frequently utilizes stealth, whereas Nightwolf has no feats or statements displaying any skill in stealth--this isn't a problem though since Nightwolf can do just fine without stealth attacks.

Nightwolf is one of the few characters to not have a jobber status, even including his revenant who at least has one win against Shang. Thanks to that nice record of beating lots of people, he should arguably be one of the more skilled kombatants in MK. His revenant should presumably retain the other skill feats in his previous life that made Geras regard his past self as the most dangerous Nightwolf among the descendants of the lineage of the Nightwolf mantle. I don't know about Connor's skill feats but I'd like to hear that before I establish who wins here.
I've contacted @KLOL506 a few days ago. He should be able to answer that question better than I can

You know what, I'll just tell you what I know

Connor has been known to fight small armies equipped with muskets in melee combat, whether they be British or American and on land or sea. Even as a teenager he was able to hold his own against an army pretty well before finally being captured. In one-on-one confrontation, he was able to kill his father who is a much more experienced fighter than he is as well as his brother who hailed from his own tribe.

And that's without the advantage of stealth and ranged weapons
But here's the thing, Nightwolf doesn't have Extrasensory or Enhanced senses. He's still a regular person when it comes to detecting stealth and Connor has been known to sneak past entire armies of men without notifying them

Sounds impressive, but I think that it won't be enough against an opponent with mostly supernatural powers. His skill feats against small armies with guns don't do much against a single opponent who has completely different fighting methods such as magic, especially when the former doesn't have any notable skills or feats that are impressive. One's skill in fighting a group of gunmen won't carry over to a fight with a mystical opponent.

That sounds impressive without context, but if I'm not mistaken Connor still relies on cover and hiding for stealth. It's quite mundane and it's nothing like casually sneaking through an entire army in an open field. That being said, speed equalized removes one advantage that stealth attacks normally have. Nightwolf may not be able to find him once Connor starts hiding, but all of his stealth gets thrown out of the window when he decides to attack, especially with loud weapons or melee confrontations.

Sounds impressive, but I think that it won't be enough against an opponent with mostly supernatural powers. His skill feats against small armies with guns don't do much against a single opponent who has completely different fighting methods such as magic, especially when the former doesn't have any notable skills or feats that are impressive. One's skill in fighting a group of gunmen won't carry over to a fight with a mystical opponent.

That sounds impressive without context, but if I'm not mistaken Connor still relies on cover and hiding for stealth. It's quite mundane and it's nothing like casually sneaking through an entire army in an open field. That being said, speed equalized removes one advantage that stealth attacks normally have. Nightwolf may not be able to find him once Connor starts hiding, but all of his stealth gets thrown out of the window when he decides to attack, especially with loud weapons or melee confrontations.
Eh, I guess that's reasonable. One vote for Nightwolf?

I will also add that Nightwolf's magic can overcome the ~2.7x gap between the two combatants. His green energy can both augment his damage and protect himself from Connor's arsenal like infusing his strikes with green energy or covering himself in it. Meanwhile Nightwolf's lightning can somewhat negate durability since MK's depiction of electricity in general deals a degree of internal damage with the paralysis and blowing up people from within. Granted that Nightwolf's activation of his lightning powers are telegraphed, he could always try finding a good opportunity to cast it while Connor is down or incapped.

So yeah Nightwolf FRA

Back