• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
I had to be the one to do it.

Standard battle assumptions are in full effect. Winner by death or incapacitation. No one-dimensional reasoning.

The God Emperor of Mankind: 11 (Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Kepekley23, TheSandman31, Homu Sweet Homu, Matthew Schroeder, Eficiente, ItalianGuy1234, Phoenix821, Burstchaos, Jockey-1337, Knightofannihilation666)

The God Emperor of Doom: 0

Inconclusive: 0

I think I'll go with Doom due to being superior to LT from absorbing all the Beyonders; the LT is also doing quite well against GeOM.

Hm.

God Emperor Doom has a potential raw power advantage, but that's about it really. Despite such immense power, he was never very impressive by abstract standards, mainly due to still being Victor Von Doom as a character, underneath it all. He's susceptible to distractions and still perceives things in a linear fashion, and is definitely still prone to his mortal ego.

I genuinely don't see him having very much to push an advantage against a fully acausal, abstract enemy who can utilize Victor's greatest flaws against him, and everything he showcased in Secret Wars isn't doing him any favors. Doom is easily distracted and, when everything comes down to it, just a ma playing with power not his own. Power that can be take away.

So I'll give it to the god who masquerades as a man over the man who masquerades as a god.

I'll count that for now. Solid reasoning, btw.

Also added the other vote from earlier.

How far above is the GeOM from baseline? Because I'm pretty sure Doom is >>>>>> 3 Beyonders > Living Tribunal who is >>>>>>> Death, Eternity, Infinity, Chaos and Order (and possibly LB Galactus as well).

That's really hard to say, when talking about High 1-Bs. So I'll copy what I said in another thread.

The "surface" of the Immaterium, what Magnus the Red often referred to as "the Great Ocean", is an infinitely-dimensional realm of thought and metaphor unbound by ideas of time and space as we think of them. This is the basic level where most Warp experiences take place, and the level that is perceived by countless different characters and beings in a countless number of ways. If we follow Magnus' ocean metaphor, this would be like the surface of the ocean, where one could ride the chaotic tides to places both known and unknown.

However, as I said, this is the "surface". Beyond that, there is a sort of "deep Warp" rarely brought up or experienced. A place where almost no one has any of their Warp experiences, as there is nothing to experience. Magnus gets a bit too curious and winds up in this area, at one point. This is the part of the Warp so deep, it isn't even described via thought and metaphor. It appears to be only an endless expanse of nothing so complex compared even to the "surface" that it seems entirely undimensioned and without any points of reference. Magnus just describes it as a lack of sensation and 'feeling' that could be mistaken for mind death. If the previous part of the Warp was the Great Ocean's surface, this would likely be approaching the portion of the ocean where no natural light reaches and things become alien beyond relatability.

Kepekley23 said:
By the way, nice to see you up Azzy.
Thanks. Spent New Year's Eve with the family, so I was still a bit buzzed from having fun.

Probably gonna crash for a few hours pretty soon, though. lol

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Kepekley23 said:
By the way, nice to see you up Azzy.
Thanks. Spent New Year's Eve with the family, so I was still a bit buzzed from having fun.
Probably gonna crash for a few hours pretty soon, though. lol
With the work you do, it's more than justified, man.

God Emperor Doom has an immense raw power advantage, and if he were able to utilize his powers to the fullest extent, he would be a ridiculously powerful reality warper who would surpass the God-Emperor of Mankind.

But he is a 3D being using infinite-D powers which he cannot fully comprehend or wield.

I'll assume that means another vote for GEoM.

Score is now 5:1.

What's exactly this power advantage Doom has? They're both infinite dimensional so what's the justification for saying Doom has an insane power advantage? Just curious because my knowledge on this is limited.

God-Emperor Doom>>>>The Beyonders>>>>The Living Tribunal >>>>The Never Queen>>>> Abstracts that actually matter like Multi-Eternity and Infinity and Death >>>>Baseline High 1-B Abstracts

FTW395 said:
What's exactly this power advantage Doom has? They're both infinite dimensional so what's the justification for saying Doom has an insane power advantage? Just curious because my knowledge on this is limited.
Yeah, the "both are X" argument doesn't work as far as this tier goes. There are many, many, many stages to High 1-B, and this particular version of Doom is channeling powers that are fairly high-end for the tier. (albeit not at the very highest end)

Just to put it into perspective, it's entirely possible for one High 1-B to outclass another to the same degree that a 2-A outclasses a 10-B. Not saying that's the case here, but...yeah.

I believe the Emperor of Mankind might win, as Azzy's explained the warp itself is actually fairly above baseline High 1-B and The Emprah can take on 4 beings who can fully manipulate it in all its aspects so while Doom clearly has raw power advantage, our Golden Space Jesus can still manage not to get insta killed and use his powers. If that doesn't work simply inconclusive.

And with that, we are at a healthy 8:1 lead in favor of GEoM. Grace period starts now.

I guess I'll switch to GEoM for Azathoth's reasons and also due to Doom's arrogance, so I'm pretty sure its unanimous now.

Seems like it. Votes updated.

Someone here can probably add it to the profiles, seeing as there're plenty of mods following this thread who can bypass the profile locks.

That said, gonna go ahead and request it anyway, just in case,

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Gonna put the final nail in the coffin and say GEOM for the reasons above.
I was about to say that "If the coffin is already closed then I think it's time to bury it"

Too bad I already voted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back