• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Kings (King Dedede vs Bowser)

Originally I said stomping and shockwaves, and I used squashing as an alternative term to stomping because he usually tries to land square on his opponent. And he does lead with it in 64, Galaxy, and probably ttyd (though I think that one varies). Additionally, he jumps way high into the air to do it so Dedede will have a hard time whacking that, not to mention his acrobatics will make it more difficult for Dedede to dodge it.

Last edited:
However you came up with the idea it was a new argument I have no idea at all, and you also didn’t make any attempt to counter my point that Bowser outranges Dedede in close combat, or the one where he’s smarter than Dedede.

Last edited:
However you came up with the idea it was a new argument I have no idea at all, and you also didn’t make any attempt to counter my point that Bowser outranges Dedede in close combat, or the one where he’s smarter than Dedede.
It's very simple bro, I said it already, Dedede has 100x the Ap Bowser has. He literally one-shots everything he throws at him and more

That doesn’t provide much evidence that Dedede will have as easy a time landing a hit as you’re seeming to imply. In fact, you make it sound like Bowser is just gonna stand there and take it.

Well sure but that’s mostly against Mario isn’t it? With other opponents Bowser actually fights better than he usually does with Mario.
Most of what he does is blocking and countering with other opponents, which uh, wouldn't work here

Most of what he does is blocking and countering with other opponents, which uh, wouldn't work here
Okay I understand in this case blocking won’t work but how does countering not work? He mostly counters by punching his opponent before they can land an attack. Which since Dedede pretty much only fights with his hammer most of the time and has below average melee range to Bowser’s extended melee range due to size…sorry but I find it highly unlikely that such a method of countering won’t work.

Okay I understand in this case blocking won’t work but how does countering not work? He mostly counters by punching his opponent before they can land an attack. Which since Dedede pretty much only fights with his hammer most of the time and has below average melee range to Bowser’s extended melee range due to size…sorry but I find it highly unlikely that such a method of countering won’t work.
Because he's punching a guy with durability way higher then his.

This is basically what would happen lol

Because he's punching a guy with durability way higher then his.

This is basically what would happen lol

Ohhh okay that wasn’t part of the original argument…or rather any opposing argument. Well I guess this should be closed then cause it’s an AP and dura stomp that pretty much nullifies all of Bowsers wincons. Well it certainly was fun while it lasted.

Before that though I would also like to point out Bowser’s dark matter…but that’s less of an attack and more of an obstacle that’s put into place via prep.

Last edited:
Yeah it's indeed a stomp.
Thanks for understanding.
And thx for explaining Reaper, i am in school on mobile so i don't get many chances to give proper arguments

But yeah, DeDeDe is dealing with like a dozen browsers who all have access to like 4 different types of invulnerability and the ability to Spatial flip to avoid all damage

hahahaha, bowser has res here which means that if he does get slapped he would start to take this seriously, since, you know he just got killed, which leads to dedede getting sent straight to god

oh optional equipment that means bowser can revive as many times as he wants, he can clone himself and basically use sealing if he now sees how easily he will be destroyed.

That's like, very OOC 9/10 lol
Lol literally 9/10. It is in character though for him to fly in somewhere, usually the Mushroom Kingdom, do something dark and horrifying before there’s even a fight to be had, and then fly out again to execute phase 2 of plan…s or something

Kinda depends on his mindset of how he sees his plan unfolding I guess

Uhhhh so after giving browser's page a big ol look... Bowser has no resistance to mind and empathic manipulation...
So dedede throws a friend heart and they go chill in a cafe

Uhhhh so after giving browser's page a big ol look... Bowser has no resistance to mind and empathic manipulation...
So dedede throws a friend heart and they go chill in a cafe
Needs to actually hit the dinosaur thing first, or have him not get sealed, or have it actually be IC for DDD to do so immediately

Back