• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for a Strongest 4-A spot (Nico Bolas vs MetalPhantomon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragonmasterxyz said:
To drag being to the Dark Area, he's have to open a portal to it as he's physically dragging them there. He'd be able to exit into the Dark Area whenever and said Dark Area is literally a dimension outside the entire multiverse so there is that as well.
Do we ever see such a portal? There's plenty of stories where people can walk/drag people into other dimensions.

And from the sound of it, it just seems like a portal to a specfic location, and requires that they be dragging someone into said dimension.

I would find it odd of MetalPhantomon (Not even a Top Tier) could drag you out of an infinite sized universe into a realm outside of the entire multiverse.

Not really. The Dark Area has never has such a requirement before. My whole point is that MetalPhantomon could simply return to the Dark Area to get back to the starting point. I have also found that MetalPhantomon can make portals to other multiverses as he could connect the Digital World to the Human World. I will post said scan tomorrow.

Posting a scan would be helpful. None of this seems to be supported by the profile itself, which is all I have to go off of.

Well to be fair, said move is simply a description for a Digimon attack which for many Digimon who don't get shown fighting in media...we only have description to go of off. And this could simply be an issue with Digimon files, but we kinda don't put as much context into "sending you to the Dark Area" as most who debate Digimon usually know that one doesn't just physical run to the Dark Area without dimensional traveling. Probably an issue of us assuming everyone reads our blogs and that people have a general idea of how Digimon works.

Mkay, here is the scan of the portal from the Human World and Digital World MetalPhantomon made (MetalPhantomon is the central antagonist of D-Cyber who lured the MC to the Digital World in order to get Dorugoramon's Dragon Soul...Let's ignore that the guy can steal the essence of a 1-C, but let's ignore that for now as it's not really relevant. I think it's implied Soul Predator is > Grave Scream). Sadly the site slows down my computer so if you want more....you'd have to wait a bit as my laptop really hates that site lol.

MetalPhantomon Dimensional Travel 01

Dragonmasterxyz said:
but we kinda don't put as much context into "sending you to the Dark Area" as most who debate Digimon usually know that one doesn't just physical run to the Dark Area without dimensional traveling. Probably an issue of us assuming everyone reads our blogs and that people have a general idea of how Digimon works.
No, not everyone reads the Digimon blogs, obviously.

The profile just straight-up lacking the abilities that have been described on this thread (Portal Creation and Dimensional Travel) isn't really an issue of people not reading the lengthy blogs on the material, though, it's an issue of that material being implemented on pages.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Mkay, here is the scan of the portal from the Human World and Digital World MetalPhantomon made
I don't see any portal there?

I did blatantly say that this is a flaw of our pages tho?

Um...the white space is the portal...

... which white space? The entire page is kind of black and white.

Also, don't tell me a resistance to Time Manipulation is conveniently missing from the page, as well.

Schnee One said:
To be fair resistance to time Manip is redundant for an infinite speed character.
To be fair, that only sort of covers time stop, not rewinding time, traveling through time, etc. And kind of depends to what end speed is being equalized to here.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The upper right panel, the middle panel with MetalPhantomon's hand, the bottom left panel?
I feel like the lack of context regarding the scan makes identifying what you're talking about difficult. Do you have a link to the site you're reading it from so I can read around it?

Also, apparently Bolas can reduce beings into lower-dimensional states, so there's that too, I guess.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Plus, I never said MetalPhantomon resisted Time Rewind or Time Travel.
I'm asking, since there's apparently information missing from the profile.

Thanks, I'll give it a read.

Reading around it, it seems to be strictly limited to the dragging people in/out of the digital world, although the mention of 'nightmare' makes the situation slightly confusing.

To be fair, he's dragging someone from a completely different and lower dimensional plane to his (5-D). This shows he can still make interdimensional portals to other worlds. I will make a thread regarding Hell's Hand and how that by default he should have Dimensional Travel seeing that the ability would require dimensional travel due to how the cosmology works.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
To be fair, he's dragging someone from a completely different and lower dimensional plane to his (5-D). This shows he can still make interdimensional portals to other worlds.
This shows he can make an interdimensional portal to one specific area, I see no reason that it should be extrapolated to "any other world". The teleportation being capable of going through additional vectors doesn't change that we only see it go to and fro one location.

I mean, what's stopping him from simply making a portal to the Dark Area and arriving back to the Human World where this fight takes place? Pretty sure we've never put limiters on interdimensional travel like this.

When have we seen them use this to travel normally, as opposed to shunting people into other dimensions?

I don't recall us treating portal-creation between two dimensions as 'being capable of moving through the entire multiverse'. Usually when a verse has characters who can properly dimensionally travel it's more than a single portal to a specific dimension.

I mean, the fact that Hell's Hand is a thing he has (he inherits it from his pre-evolution Bakemon) shows that he can freely enter the Dark Area and drag someone with him. He doesn't throw you there, he drags you there with him. This has never been a limitation.

I can make a thread on Dimensional Travel as whole if you wish as for as far as I'm aware, if you can travel through dimensions or make dimensional portals, you pretty safe for countering BFR as long as the BFR doesn't seal you in another dimension.

Isn't the scan you linked above the people getting yoinked from the ground-up into what's (presumably) a portal? And he's taking people from within the dimension itself, not hopping into the dimension, then hopping back out with the people?

Why would we need a thread on how we treat dimensional travel as a whole?

The scan also has his physical self appear out of said portal showing that he himself can leave said portal. This portal is no different than the portals most Digimon use to connect to the human world, just that MetalPhantomon is able to make one himself. He would enter the human world in a ReArise state, i.e what happens when Digimon enter the human world.

Because, from what it seems, you say that simply making a portal to another world isn't enough for dimensional travel and it only means that they can go to and from those worlds. However, as I've said Ii have never seen us treat dimensional travel this way and thus would lead to a revision on our standards because based on our Dimensional Travel page, said limitation doesn't exist.

Not that this matters to the fight due to Nicol's fate based powers which MetalPhantomon has no defense for which would likely give him a win.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The scan also has his physical self appear out of said portal showing that he himself can leave said portal.
No? It only has a hand sticking out, using electricity to drag the kids inside.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Because, from what it seems, you say that simply making a portal to another world isn't enough for dimensional travel and it only means that they can go to and from those worlds. However, as I've said Ii have never seen us treat dimensional travel this way and thus would lead to a revision on our standards because based on our Dimensional Travel page, said limitation doesn't exist.
Our policy is to not extrapolate powers if we haven't seen them. If someone has demonstrated that they can move between two dimensions, all we can gather is that they can move between those two dimensions. If it's stated that they can (for example, planeswalkers in MTG) move through various dimensions, yes.

A limitation not being stated does not mean a limitation does not exist. Another existing policy of ours.

You mean the electricity that comes from MetalPhantomon? Also, his scythe is also out of the portal.

Except we have never made this limitation. Can you show me a time where we have enforced this limitation? We have never assumed that if a character creates a portal to another dimension that they themselves cannot use said portal to get back to that same dimension. Whether is sucked someone in or not has never matter. Regaardless I will make a thread on this matter.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
You mean the electricity that comes from MetalPhantomon? Also, his scythe is also out of the portal.
Except we have never made this limitation. Can you show me a time where we have enforced this limitation? We have never assumed that if a character creates a portal to another dimension that they themselves cannot use said portal to get back to that same dimension. Whether is sucked someone in or not has never matter. Regaardless I will make a thread on this matter.
So, if that's his scythe, he didn't exit the portal at all, to begin with?

Why would we need to make a limitation when our default assumption is that they exist? The No Limits Fallacy is one of the pillars of the logic we use for the site. If you can't prove an application of a power, the character does not have it. A character with fire manipulation can't combust your brain if they've just demonstrated lighting a match. A character with dimensional travel can't use portals in a way they haven't demonstrated before.

Sure, Magic: the Gathering. Planar portals only connect two specific planes. Incarnations of Immortality, the incarnations can only move to Purgatory normally.

PM me the thread, I'm confused why we even need a thread for this.

If his hand can reach outside the portal and his scythe can exit it, why assime he cannot?

It's less an NLF when we aren't saying that he can suddenly escape from another dimension by going to a dimension that he has shown to be able to open a portal to? I see this as less NLF and more over-restriction. But as I said I am making a thread as this seems to ruin the point of the ability. That example seems specific and less a rule.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
If his hand can reach outside the portal and his scythe can exit it, why assime he cannot?
It's less an NLF when we aren't saying that he can suddenly escape from another dimension by going to a dimension that he has shown to be able to open a portal to? I see this as less NLF and more over-restriction. But as I said I am making a thread.
Since, given the application of the ability, we've only seen it used to pull out people from other dimensions, not actually move between them.

Again, we've only seen them pull people out from other dimensions, not enter and move between them. It's not "restricting" an ability as said ability has never been demonstrated to begin with, and therefore doesn't exist.

As a point of contention in the match is based on a thread which is actively being discussed, would it be good to close this for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back