• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for a Strongest 4-A spot (Nico Bolas vs MetalPhantomon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean...MetalPhantomon did that to Dorumon and basically nullified his ability to become Dorugoramon ....instead of killing him...somehow...Dorumon can survive without his entire essence somehow lol

Bolas would start with whatever works, if something does work, given his precognition and, if we count Test of Metal, Clockworking.

Speaking of, does MetalPhantomon have a counter to Bolas just picking a timeline where he wins?

Sealing and Interdimensional BFR would likely work from a cursory reading of Metal's profile.

Bolas also has some nasty resistances to mind manip although knowing Digimon 5D is probably slapped onto whatever MetalPhantomon uses.

Bolas is also missing many abilities given we haven't implemented changes from anything past Amonkhet, though.

Dargoo Faust said:
Bolas would start with whatever works, if something does work, given his precognition and, if we count Test of Metal, Clockworking.

Speaking of, does MetalPhantomon have a counter to Bolas just picking a timeline where he wins?

Sealing and Interdimensional BFR would likely work from a cursory reading of Metal's profile.

Bolas also has some nasty resistances to mind manip although knowing Digimon 5D is probably slapped onto whatever MetalPhantomon uses.
Following. But yea, Bolas is one strategic ************.

5-D is only for Mind and Soul stuff actually.

It kinda depends on what Bolas does first honestly. Although, MetalPhantomon can cross dimensions.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
5-D is only for Mind and Soul stuff actually.

It kinda depends on what Bolas does first honestly. Although, MetalPhantomon can cross dimensions.
Bolas will start with whatever gives him the most absolutely certain chance of winning, is the thing.

Yeah, and MetalPhantomon would start with Grave Scream hence why the "Survival w/o a soul" is important.

Bolas can regenerate his soul, although it takes too long to be combat applicable iirc, and IDK if it applies to his post-mending self. By technicality he can survive without it, then, I guess, although I'm not sure how it would work if just his soul was targeted, as normally he'd just resist/counter it.

There is no interdimensional travel on MetalPhantomon's profile. Can you link where it's demonstrated it directly, please?

I'm going to wait for Dargoo (very few abilities past Amonkhet really appeared nor were relevant to my knowledge, except maybe some tech/prep), but yea, this seems to be possibly Inconclusive depending on some acute specifics.

The dimensional travel comes from his BFR ability, i.e being able to enter and exit the Dark Area.

Again though keep in mind I only know limited stuff; the M19 and War of the Spark stories add a lot to Bolas and I'm not familiar with them.

I do not believe M19 or WotS add anything notable.

Though I may read over the WotS novel with a VSBW lens on to see what I can do.

For now, incon.

Knowing how WotS messed up other characters and pretended as if entire character arcs never happened, it probably severely nerfed and/or forgot about 90% of Bolas' arsenal of spells.

M19 might have some goodies since it focused on Bolas and wasn't written by Weissman.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The dimensional travel comes from his BFR ability, i.e being able to enter and exit the Dark Area.
It isn't really described like that on its profile, and does this ability allow it to enter and exit dimensions other than the Dark Area?

To drag being to the Dark Area, he's have to open a portal to it as he's physically dragging them there. He'd be able to exit into the Dark Area whenever and said Dark Area is literally a dimension outside the entire multiverse so there is that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back