• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Batman Who Laughs Powers and Abilities Scans Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired

Just look at it yourself. The first section of his P&A is fine but the second... Oh boy. It literally has 0 scans, and some are even missing justification. Some characters aren't linked in it either (like there are mentions of Flashes, but no links to their profiles)

Anyone can help with that?

I can read through his appearances for sources if that helps, but I didn't follow Death Metal when it was new.

Thank you very much for helping out.

Death Metal was boring, repetitive, and rather sick in combination. You did not miss anything.

@Zensum @C2_of_Omegon @Eficiente @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Newendigo @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @Planck69

Your help with that would be appreciated.
Unfortunately I can’t be much help here, I stopped keeping up with modern DC around the time that Dark Knights Metal was going on.

you know delete him because he is such a fruit cake

yes i know that "fruit cake" has diferent meanings take that as you want

pd" is a joke i am not saying to delete him
I mean in all seriousness if the page is genuinely shit and NO ONE is willing to fix it, why keep it?

Let's wait for Amelia. Think she wanted to fix it.

If not, (can't blame them), then yeet it away. It's useless sans scaling to a single issue wondy power up.

Well, Wonder Woman and Superboy Prime are scaled from him in their most powerful keys, but it may be too inconsistent or temporary for them to keep.

Yeah I thought you wanted to make a rule regarding temporary power ups? What happened to that?

I do not remember if I wanted to create a rule about it, but I may have forgotten.

I think it was around when Venom/Edward Brock got his rework where you wanted to put a rule in place Ant

Okay. I suppose that it may be a good idea.

Would you be willing to start a thread about it Impress?

I don't think you need a rule, it's a very basic problem to do that. File gets bloated, and leads to unfair representation, that is apparent at the face value.
My notion of something being notable enough despite appearances is, they have to be prominent during an event, or potrayed very frequently across media. Now admittedly I haven't read King in Black so idk if I can accurately judge Venom's file :V

I’m fairly sure Batmanhattan is notable enough

Iirc it’s his last appearance canonically and we seem to use it for other characters like Perpetua and SPM

Plus it was him for most of Death Metal I believe

I think that a rule would be useful if we don't have one already.

"Please refrain from making profiles for characters with less than 20 appearances across comic books (approximately 2 year's worth of appearances) in regards to the Prime Marvel Universe comics, unless they play an extremely important part in the overall plot of the characters, or are frequently mentioned by other medias, as the constantly changing nature of their statistics make it hard for us to keep files updated as is"

Marvel you can put this in the Power Scaling section, DC is harder to judge because the reboots slice up appearances list alot, so prominent characters can appear very low in say, Post-Flashpoint or Rebirth

I would say 20 appearances would be a bit too much (unless cameos/very short appearances count).

But either way, I agree. Time to yeet away some pages. Challenger for example, and Captain Adam.

Oh nice.

Yeah. Tho the event was only 13 issues (no tie ins) in total and he never appeared again. Save for a short cameo in the sequel of it.

We're not disallowing people for the lolz, if you can't even reach THOSE easy standards, you genuinely shouldn't have a file.

On the topic, we should probably yeet away this page

Barely relevant to anything aside from like 5 issues, and no scans or whatsoever in P&A section.

"Please refrain from making profiles for characters with less than 20 appearances across comic books (approximately 2 year's worth of appearances) in regards to the Prime Marvel Universe comics, unless they play an extremely important part in the overall plot of the characters, or are frequently mentioned by other medias, as the constantly changing nature of their statistics make it hard for us to keep files updated as is"

Marvel you can put this in the Power Scaling section, DC is harder to judge because the reboots slice up appearances list alot, so prominent characters can appear very low in say, Post-Flashpoint or Rebirth
Thank you for helping out. I think that seems fine to apply.

Thank you very much for helping out.

Death Metal was boring, repetitive, and rather sick in combination. You did not miss anything.
What the actual f**k bruh👀 this shit had more impact and interesting and crazy shit than even other previous crisis event. Your the first I've seen to condemn the book tbh.
Unfortunately I can’t be much help here, I stopped keeping up with modern DC around the time that Dark Knights Metal was going on.
I followed it but I might give wrong info in this thread. But Elizio, deagonx, xearsay, firestorm, maverick and Ehnkr2beboh If I remember we had a discussion on a thread about death metal .
I mean in all seriousness if the page is genuinely shit and NO ONE is willing to fix it, why keep it?
His the main event character of death metal that now leads to everything and now infinite frontier.
I’m fairly sure Batmanhattan is notable enough

Iirc it’s his last appearance canonically and we seem to use it for other characters like Perpetua and SPM

Plus it was him for most of Death Metal I believe
I have a feeling he would be introduced again in infinite frontier don't remember well but I think it deals with this current darkseid needing him or something from him or maybe Barbados.
I would say 20 appearances would be a bit too much (unless cameos/very short appearances count).

But either way, I agree. Time to yeet away some pages. Challenger for example, and Captain Adam.
Just delete the entirety of DC comics from wiki.

Here. To enjoy the entirety of death metal
Under footnotes are the books he futured in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back