• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I was looking over Batmans feats and such. Seeing he has feats like creating suits that can fight Herald tiers, could replicate the speed force, can disrupt and nullify magic, manipulate the perception of Herald tiers like when trapping Wonder women in a never ending fight, and even is capable of permanently killing Swamp thing. He also comparing to people like Alec who has built guns that can flat out erase you from existence, My thought is. Why don't we consider him a super genius? The sheee of how far his tech can go and how much he can do seems to to impressive for extraordinary genius. The feat of being able to permanently kill Swamp thing with prep should justify a Super genius level. Let alone comparing to people who can create things to erase existence, and being able to nullify magic himself.

And for Aquaman. He definitely should get into the extraordinary genius level. Hacked into the JL data base, Batman has even stated he is one of the smartest tacticians on earth, being comparable to other JL members like Superman. Definitely seems like he should be with them in that level of intell.

I have argued that Batman should be Supergenius before but not for these reason but this does actually make sense I suppose

I think the main reason is you have to do these things so much that it is normal, I am not too sure how this works actually you should probably ask someone knowledgeable on this stuff

To become Extroardinary genius however you must be able to create technology and have knowledge on far more subjects than that of a regular genius. At most he is a genius

You don't need to do that to be at that level of intellgince. That's a common method. Aquaman being able to hack into The JL database, is generally on par with the JL (who we have like Superman at that level), and has gotten Batman claiming he is the best strategist on earth (which included himself). I say regular genius is still underplaying his intelligence.

If you would like to ask someone knowledgeable, but I still think being a great strategist is not enough otherwise people like Slade or Bane who are both arguably smarter and better tacticians than Aquaman would also be Extroardinary genius but they are simply genius's

It says on the page that to be Extroardinary Genius you must be knowledgeable in a much larger pool of knowledge than a regular genius

Not just the great strategies thing. There are plenty of things but the main feat I brought up here was the hacking into the JL database. Something made by Batman. And comparing to Superman and he JL members.

Now I don't know how relevant this is but I was watching a video (either imaginary axis or DB, I forgot) and I guess Batman has a feat of predicting when somebody would pop in with time travel when Braniac couldn't. I will try and find where I saw that, but for now take it with a grain of salt since I don't have the proof

I am DC big ass fan so I think Batman should at least extraor genius ??? Coz he seem as intelligence as Mr.Terrific one (or a bit superior) Lex is in another level he can outsmart Brainiac or Darkseid IIRC. Ohh I think his permenently kills Swampy is either PIS or outlier. Perhap I am Lex fan I maybe Wank him to Solid Supergenius but he shoud Supergius coz he made E.E.gun and outhack Brainiac while Brainiac didn't even noticed him.

Aquaboi should be genius his feats didn't solid enough for extraor genius (If he can created Robots in a cave with only broken tools and it/they as hightech as Ironman's level or Batman's own robots may be enough to qualified him as extraor genius.)

Lemongifted101 said:
I am DC big ass fan so I think Batman should at least extraor genius ??? Coz he seem as intelligence as Mr.Terrific one (or a bit superior) Lex is in another level he can outsmart Brainiac or Darkseid IIRC. Ohh I think his permenently kills Swampy is either PIS or outlier. Perhap I am Lex fan I maybe Wank him to Solid Supergenius but he shoud Supergius coz he made E.E.gun and outhack Brainiac while Brainiac didn't even noticed him.

Aquaboi should be genius his feats didn't solid enough for extraor genius (If he can created Robots in a cave with only broken tools and it/they as hightech as Ironman's level or Batman's own robots may be enough to qualified him as extraor genius.)
Bruce usually outplay Lex when they encounter each other, but it can also be due to Lex's massive ego. Batman also outsmarted Merton so...

Lemongifted101 said:

I would say hacking into and recreating The justice league data which was made by The Batman is impressive enough to put him along with them. He just hacked Batmans tech. And the better of his tech.

Since Batman does not perform such feats on a regular basis, and they still fall very short of most of our current supergenius characters, I think that "Extraordinary Genius" seems safest.

Simply hacking an advanced computer database is not reliably scalable to thinking faster than supercomputers and inventing futuristic technology though, so Aquaman can not get Extraordinary Genius intelligence.

That sounds fair and the safest. I agree.

Well, one. It's not like it's just some normal super computer. It's is Batmans technology which is made to be extremely secure. Only extremely intelligent people like Lex Luther or other Extraordinary Geniuses have had capabilities on hacking into his gear. And it's The Justice Leagues tower. So it's the better of his tech as well. And he didn't just hack into it. He recreated all of the data. Which (at least to my understanding) also included the information on every single justice league member. Not just like the main faces of them. Like even the lesser known ones. As in Every single justice league member ever from that point in time. And he recreated that and the Entire Data that's on the justice league database. He didn't even need to fully concentrate while doing this as he is seen talking with Arrow and lantern while doing it. It seemed like breaking into this was a simple task. And Batman has boasted about Aquamans intellgince. And his general intellgince which lets him go to war against other people of this level of intellgince like Wonder Women.

Aquaman does not regularly display mental prowess that fits with our standards for an extraordinary genius. Sorry.

I also updated my previous message before you posted your own.

I suppose, if the rest of you are fine with it.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
I would like seeing Batman get a supergenius rating but he is just not consistent enough for it, sometimes he is insane and other times not so much
Yeah, his intelligence is certainly not consistent. But it's mostly due to not having the opportunity to constantly show them as opposed to inconsistent showings. It can be related to Batman's tendency to not overkill like using high tier gear while in Gotham.

Maybe "likely" or "possibly" would fit him best?

Perhaps an at least Extroardinary Genius, possibly/likely Supergenius

Again, I am not too sure on any of these ratings so I would prefer if Ant or anybody knowledgeable would see if that would work. If it doesn't, I suppose this thread can be closed

I do not think that Batman has been remotely consistent enough with crafting impossibly advanced and powerful reality-warping equipment for a supergenius rating. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back