• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baseline 9-B Tournament!

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
First tournament here, so tell me if anything's off.

Rules​

• All entries must be at most x2.5 above baseline 9-B (Up to 37.5 Kilojoules)
    • Upscaling is allowed as long as it doesn't push them to a point that they'd AP stomp baseline characters. If they have amps that push them to such a level of power and they are willing to use them, same story.
    • 9-C characters are allowed as long as they're strong enough to physically contend with a baseline 9-B character, although obviously
    • Stuff that's above the AP range will be restricted.
  • Speed is equalized and matches follow SBA.
  • Default starting range will be 20 meters apart from each other, willing to change it if it makes the match closer.
  • Hax is allowed as long as it's pretty weak- I'm tryina see fistfights here. It's case by case but general rule of thumb is, if you can go "(Ability) GG", that's not allowed. Same applies to very strong non-hax abilities, such as incredibly powerful precog, attack reflection or even "skill".
  • One entry per franchise and person.

Participants​

• Character (AP) - Verse, Person who submitted them. (Notes)
  1. Phillip (Scales vaguely above baseline) - Space Funeral, @Armorchompy (All of his good hax is locked behind Mystery, a one-time use skill with random effects. If you think that's still too strong, feel free to tell me, I might change or remove him if that's the case)
  2. SCP-042-CZ (25.26 KJ) - SCP Foundation, @Tllmbrg
  3. Strelok (Up to baseline with firearms) - S.T.A.L.K.E.R., @Oleggator
  4. Galael (Baseline) - Anima: Beyond Fantasy, @Antoniofer (Allowed to transform unless that proves to be too powerful)
  5. Fanged Deserter (Upscales from 9.9 KJ) - MÖRK BORG, @Mr._Bambu (Optional equipment restricted)
  6. Ernest P. Worrell (Movies) (34.141 KJ) - Ernest Movies, @MistaClean (All Optional Equipment except Santa's stuff)
  7. Lord Recluse (Scales massively above baseline) - City of Heroes, @DaReaperMan
  8. Miss Militia (All weapons above 9-B are restricted) - Parahumans, @Wokistan (Bakuda bombs, High 8-C stuff, and the nuke are restricted)
  9. Kaname Sudo (Baseline 9-B with weaponry) - Darwin's Game, @GoldenScorpions
  10. Des Kangaroo (Around baseline) - Yu-Gi-Oh!, @SamanPatou
  11. Zagor (Baseline) - Zagor (Sergio Bonelli comics), @EliminatorVenom
  12. Seras Victoria (34.96 KJ) - Hellsing, @DontTalkDT
  13. Keiji Shinogi (34.96 KJ) - Your Turn To Die, @Adem_Warlock69
  14. Ra's al Ghul (Upscales from baseline) - The Dark Knight Trilogy, @The_Impress
  15. Jayna (Baseline) - DC Comics, @Amelia_Lonelyheart (Phantom Zone Projector and any transformation above 9-B are restricted)
  16. Yor Briar (Upscales from Baseline) - Spy × Family, @First_Witch

Tournament Rankings

Last edited:

aye

I guess that means glass canons are at some point allowed but I guess no stonewalls.

So, I look like run out of ideas but Strelok.

(little note, I'll probably make a fast crt now since he misses some abilities, aka resistance to fire manipulation with artifacts, resistance to electricity manipulation and energy absorbtion with artifacts, and night vision with some suits would go making crt during this-next hour)

aye
how useful are fate manip and fear manip? also 9-C or 9-B end? Finally, no optional equip I hope.

I guess that means glass canons are at some point allowed but I guess no stonewalls.

So, I look like run out of ideas but Strelok.

(little note, I'll probably make a fast crt now since he misses some abilities, aka resistance to fire manipulation with artifacts, resistance to electricity manipulation and energy absorbtion with artifacts, and night vision with some suits would go making crt during this-next hour)
Looks good, and yeah glass cannons are fine

how useful are fate manip and fear manip? also 9-C or 9-B end? Finally, no optional equip I hope.
100% meant for you to ignore optional equipment, yeah. Fate Manip can be used creatively but frankly you can be strict in its interpretation- it gives a specific list of uses for typical use in-game, I'd be fine with just using those.

Well, when transforming he essentially wins a new health bar.
I see, I think it's fine since he's baseline so probably working at a slight disadvantage, but if it ends up being too powerful I could always restrict it.
The calc her profile links to is 9-B+ and not approved. Also she has a decent bunch of hax, Fear Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Madness Manipulation and Mind Manipulation are probably a no unless they're really limited
100% meant for you to ignore optional equipment, yeah. Fate Manip can be used creatively but frankly you can be strict in its interpretation- it gives a specific list of uses for typical use in-game, I'd be fine with just using those.
Hmmm he's still kinda pushing it overall, with the two weapons that are basically OHKOs. How about Fear Manip, and which key?

Hmmm he's still kinda pushing it overall, with the two weapons that are basically OHKOs. How about Fear Manip, and which key?

Disease Manip shouldn't kill anybody mid-fight, sepsis isn't like an instant kill so much as an instant weaken and eventually kill. Fear manip only works on already cowardly creatures like goblins, gnomes, and children. Unless he's gonna fight a child, fear manip won't come up at all. 9-B key, he slightly downscales from 7.671e5 Joules.

Wait what, she has a calc? Oh damn she does, NoGround never told me that he got that added. Welp mb then. As for her hax, it is really limited. Its her presence being extremly frightening towards mook soldiers, but seasoned aces and veterans are only mildly uncomftable around her, they are only slowly affected.

Wait what, she has a calc? Oh damn she does, NoGround never told me that he got that added. Welp mb then. As for her hax, it is really limited. Its her presence being extremly frightening towards mook soldiers, but seasoned aces and veterans are only mildly uncomftable around her, they are only slowly affected.
Alright, she's fine in terms of abilities, but as for the calc, yknow...

Disease Manip shouldn't kill anybody mid-fight, sepsis isn't like an instant kill so much as an instant weaken and eventually kill. Fear manip only works on already cowardly creatures like goblins, gnomes, and children. Unless he's gonna fight a child, fear manip won't come up at all. 9-B key, he slightly downscales from 7.671e5 Joules.
excuse me W h a t ?

Alright, that's too much but we agreed on 9-C on Discord.

Does Cirno work (33969.7 J)?

Before you mention the Immortality Type 8, a KO or her being discouraged should be the trick to defeat her.

Does Cirno work (33969.7 J)?

Before you mention the Immortality Type 8, a KO or her being discouraged should be the trick to defeat her.
Discouraging her isn't possible via SBA, and danmaku is a bit too much for this tournament coupled with the very high AP IMO

Lord Recluse, he upscales a massive amount above baseline, as the feats were done by fodder and he is a top tier
All entries must be at most x2.5 above baseline 9-B (Up to 37.5 Kilojoules)
  • Upscaling is allowed as long as it doesn't push them to a point that they'd AP stomp baseline characters. If they have amps that push them to such a level of power and they are willing to use them, same story.
Doesn't that fall under this?
It only works 3-4 times
Wouldn't it work more than that if he managed to keep it close? Either way, that's still a lot considering he can instantly kill basically anyone in the tournament with a bullet through the head)

Doesn't that fall under this?
Why would massively upscaling fall under that? Its not like there are any official multipliers or anything, And I dont think there's a big enough scaling chain to actually say Lord Recluse is 2.5 times stronger.

Also City of Heroes scaling is generally a shitshow around Lord Recluse, one time he is one-shotting statesman and another time they are fighting evenly with neither having the upper hand at all.

Why would massively upscaling fall under that? Its not like there are any official multipliers or anything, And I dont think there's a big enough scaling chain to actually say Lord Recluse is 2.5 times stronger.
Well, if he's able to AP stomp baseline characters that'd apply to baseline characters in this tournament too. But if you don't think that'd be the case, then he's fine, unless Danmaku is really powerful

Back