• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Base Aizen is far stronger than people give him credit for.

@amlad22 @Soldier Blue

I know, which is precisely what I'm saying. Just because there is a time skip, doesn't mean people become stronger. Ukitake is too weak to even improve, Shunsui is too lazy, Yamamoto is too old and loses an arm, Unohana gave up the sword, and so on. Unless there is an actual confirmation, we can't take them as having a huge improvement. Chad, Uryu, and Orihime have trained their asses to become stronger, and we have seen them in action.

@King Raita

Alakabaam has also been inactive since September. As CinCameron said, you're probably going to have to message them politely and be patient.

You can provide them with links to this thread, and tell them that I would appreciate the input. Also, remember to be polite.

Well, he does not always have the time to be active any more.

Very true, which is why we shouldn't bug him about it over and over again. Maybe one more time if this thread goes another week without him seeing it but that's all

Amlad, didn't you already have this conversation with Aizen already?

Because they have totally different levels of powers and feats. regardless of whether or not they trained or not, the last arc obviously jumped in power drastically. A common thing in timeskips. This is not up for negotiation, so yeah.
~ Aize​
Basically I agree with Aizen and Ant.

Well, that seems to settle the matter then.

I understand using that assumption sometimes but when there are clear pieces of proof that someone didn't get stronger you shouldn't be ignoring that. Characters like Yamamoto, Unohana and Shunsui are prime examples of this

I am personally neutral regarding the issue, but if our go-to Bleach experts disagree, I go with what they think is best.

I know that their say is final, no need to worry about that. I'm just curious if I could get some better reasoning on why characters who have proof to not get stronger are getting stronger

Even so, like is been said before, those key characters have not powered up at all. In fact, Yama only became weaker. We can't just take it for granting just because there are some power-ups in the series. Especially if those same power-ups only jump them to Captains on the lv of Shunsui. Remember those same Captains that power up, Byakuya, Toshiro, Kenpachi, etc, were still insanely weaker than Unohana and so on Captains.

@King Raita I agree completely, Yamamoto is past his prime and was even stated by Juha to have gotten weaker. Is the wiki just going to start ignoring plot points and statements now?

^ No need to speak out like that against the wiki

I also agree with you guys that the old captains should get an upgrade for pre-skip. Though what I would truly like to see is just one set of stats with no key separating their pre-skip and post-skip selves since they should have stayed the same throughout the main time-line of the series since all of them are well past their prime (like Makarov Dreyar for example). The only ones who improved over the skip were younger characters such as Byakuya, Zaraki, Hitsugaya, Renji, Rukia, Hisagi, Ichigo, etc.

But if this is accepted, there would be two huge changes across the Bleach power-scales which the staff would have to discuss and accept:

1. The calcs pegging Hueco Mundo Uryu and Coyote Starrk and other pre-skip characters at MHS. This would result in a complete re-examine of how fast pre-skip Bleach is and perhaps upgrade most pre-skip characters on Captain level or higher to MHS.

2. Pre-skip Yamamoto, Aizen, Kyoraku, Ukitake, Unohana, Isshin, Urahara, Yoruichi (probably), H2 Ichigo (probably), even Starrk in Resurreccion would have to be bumped up to 7-A.

Don't know if the staff are willing to accept this. They've declined pre-skip MHS Bleach before and I'm not sure how they'd feel about pre-skip 7-A Captain levels.

I wasn't speaking out, simply asking a question

Sometimes verses can get big upgrades (Toriko is a prime example) but you have to do what makes sense for the series. You can't just deny something because you don't feel like it (I know the wiki wouldn't do this)

Oh... Sorry.

Yeah, sometimes verses do get major changes across the board. We recently had a major Disney canon Star Wars revision and I went around changing the speed stats for pretty much every canon Force adept.

Don't worry, just a simple misunderstanding

Anyway, let's save our arguments for when a staff member shows back up. Also, what was the star wars upgrade?

^ Right. But someone has to first dig up those Uyru and Starrk MHS calcs and present them so pre-skip MHS Bleach is a thing (and get them evaluated by calc group members here). I can't find them. We can't merely rely on reasoning that some characters stayed the same throughout.

Not an upgrade but a downgrade for the Disney canon. They went from sub-relativistic to hypersonic with MHS reflexes. Legends canon Force users are still relativistic with lightspeed reflexes though.

I'll take a look and see if I can find them. Shouldn't be too hard to dig them up.

Wow that's a huge downgrade, what happened to create that change?

Hey soldier, I've been looking at the Uryu calc and I wanted to ask you something, do you know why it was declined?

You found it? Good job. And I have no idea why it was declined. You'll have to bring it to the attention of some calc group member and get their approval.

If you mean Illuminati's old calculation, we have talked about it repeatedly, and it does not make any sense for Uryu to have shot the arrows at extremely different speeds, so the last ones could catch up to the first ones. I would prefer if you do not bring it up again.

The Illuminati calc is not reliable as Ant stated primarily due to the attack being rapid-fire. we'd have to divide the result by the number of impacts, or even by how many arrows were shot, depending on how the attack was discharged (which is impossible to gauge due to the manga lacking such information).

It would be just like if Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Storm's result was brought into play. It would not make sense for the entire result to scale to AP when he applied the feat with numerous punches.

If I remember correctly, it was a speed calculation though.

All we need is the info to how many arrows he can shot? Easy. At the beginning of that arc during their arrival he said that he can fire a 1,200 consecutively. [1], [2], we need someone to redo the calc.

i don't see how that calc would make sense if it is calculating speed... he could be holding onto all 1200 shots that he fires every second, not firing one at a time... consecutively =/= one by one.

@CinCameron20

There's no reason why he wouldn't do it one after the other. A machine gun doesn't fire all of its rounds at the same time, and there's no evidence to say that Uryu would be different

Back