• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bartholomew Kuma vs Might Guy

Kuma
the warlord

Might Guy Eight Gates
The taijutsu master

Kuma vs Guy, No restrictions. If guy wins due to the eighth gate then consider the battle a tie due to his subsequent death
Guy starts in base.

If BFR is a win then I'm going with Kuma, otherwise I think Guy takes it mid dif. Kuma was damaged by an exhausted pts Zoro, guy would kick his chest in imo.

well it is a win, however I wouldnt really consider him damaged zoro barely managed to take the outer layer of him off, couldnt Kuma deflect him however?

Base Guy? Np. But he has to block with his pads, and Guy is faster with gates. Think Gaara vs Lee after Lee dropped the leg weights, but instead of sand that reacts automaticly Kuma has to have his hands in place to block each attack. As soon as one solid hit lands from gated Guy it's downhill from there. If that in't enough, at 7 gates Guy has daytime tiger. Even if Kuma can deflect it, he'll deffinitely be wide open for a follow up attack.

good point, however another question, Guys attack power isnt equivalent to Kumas durability until 7th gate, so assuming Kuma doesnt die in one shot (which seems unlikely) what happens If kuma repels the damage from himself like he did to Luffy?

I don't think he can do that. Remember the state he was in after guarding Sunny for 2 years? He still had all of his fighting abillitys and knowledge, so if he could heal that way i would think he would have. For me the only question is whether Guy can fire off enough daytime tigers to finish the job. I don't think Kuma will get stomped, but I definitely give the edge to Guy.

hmm i guess I chalked that up to lacking his original mind, but that makes sense, i know I cant vote or nothing I originally pictured Guy needing the eighth gate to wrap it up, good points tho, although on the daytime tiger question I dont know I figured Kuma could deflect that since its compressed air iirc and thats Kumas main method of attack asides from BFR

Guy should have this if Kuma is actually going to try and fight him,and not just send him away, avoiding a confrontation entirely. I never really considered bfring someone a real win if I am being honest. It really is a cowardly tactic, and is just like running away if you think about it. Just my 2 cents

Back