• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Barney tries to befriend your favorite character

Next thread, Escanor tries to challenge your favorite character's sexuality

Be careful. Bobsican will probably take it seriously create the thread, strikethrough or not. That's how this thread was made.

Oh he will take these things seriously will he?

New thread, Garou tries to tries to beat up your favorite character's sexuality

Bobsican said:
HenryWong122 said:
YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!
Empathic Barney
I am, at least for now. So please just assume he has this, okay?
"Empathic Manipulation: Now you may be wondering from where it even comes from. The answer is simple; Barney can make the desired targets to become friendly to himself and allies by just making a kiss gesture or filling it with some of his sparkles. It also seemingly makes it far easier to Barney to make the inflicted ones his friends by interacting with them."

Read this post said:
If this thread were "Barney tries to befriend your favorite character" then it would make a lot more sense
Edited the OP for this instead

Op doesnt make much sense from a barney befriending standpoint. The last three paragraphs should probably be changed to:

Barney approaches your favorite character with the intention of finding a new friend, regardless of who or what they are and try to befriend them with his cheerful nature or his Empathic Manipulation if needed.

The character barney is befriending is willing to listen to barney and they are not allowed to attack. Otherwise they are in character. Barney wins if he can convince your character to be his friend but loses if he cannot befriend them or gets turned down

Barney can communicate with beings on higher levels of existence because I supposed just how fiction works.

Anything that is considered as some kind of object that physically cant become barneys friend or anything is excluded.

Anyway

Vegeta: If barney pesters him enough im sure vegeta might end up being fine with his presence. He would probably get him to perform at trunks birthday or something

Deadpool: While barney would probably befriend deadpool pretty easy, it would be a horrible idea to let him into a kids party.

Scp 682: Barneys empathic manip might be able to send 682 into a less angered but equally violent state. However it would probably wear of after a while and 682 would probably hate barney

Scp 999: Becomes barneys signature weapon

Kratos: Young kratos probably just throws barney out the way and storms along. Current kratos probably just rejects him more politely but firmly. If barney uses empathic manip, it probably doesnt do much apart from make kratos a little calmer for a bit.

Yukari yakumo: I could imagine barney finding great enjoyment in spellcard fights. She probably accepts but doesnt bother to go around with him to parties or anything most of the time.

The doctor: Would lead to a very funny episode. Though there is no way the doctor is going on adventures with him or anything. So at best they might visit barney from time to time.

Asriel dreemurr: If this is asriel just after returning from flowey then asriel is unphased and likely commences the timeline purging. Not sure if empathic manip would work. If this is goat kid asriel then i suppose it should be pretty easy for barney.

Thanos mcu: Probably doesnt care about barney at all and just says

My favorite character is me, The Dungeon Master. I don't like Barney too much. So he isn't in the campaign any more.

In all seriousness, Samuel Vimes eventually pawns off the annoying purple thing to Detritus who is too dumb to make friends.

Nugget...May like barney? Actually Im not sure barney could overcome the trials nugget demands of his freinds. im not sure empathic manip will be enough to overcome nuggets...Bizzare personality, regardless of how much he likes you he still demands everyone under go some trial to become his freind...

I'm just imagining him trying to befriend Darth Vader or Ridley and annoying them to no end and it's killing me!ƒñúƒñúƒñúƒñú

Dracula (Castlevania) - Hahahahahaha nope. If not even Alucard can talk him down I doubt Barney can.

Delsin Rowe - This depends on the karma, evil prolly just sneers at it but good? Yeah prolly.

Caine (World of Darkness) - Nope, prolly won't even give Barney the time sadly

Jonathan Joestar - I see Barney convincing him

Speedwagon - Same as Jonathan.

The Ancestor (Darkest Dungeon) - Barney becomes friends with him, then Ancestor tells him things none should know.....

Jonathan Joestar: Jonathan gets a Purple Dinosaur friend.

DIO: DIO makes him a "friend" via a flesh bud

Barney Stimpson: Barney and Barney.

Zohan Dvir: Yeah, he probably becomes friends with Barney.

Ryuko Matoi: she would be weirded out by the fact there's a ******* Purple Dinosaur singing songs to her, but they end up being friends just because Ryuko is cool like that.

Sans: Easy friend to make.

Master Chief: Stares at him and proceeds to take a mental evaluation of himself and get really annoyed.

Oh god, I love weird stuff like these.

Spider-Man: Will go and punch Barney thinking he's some sort of illusion made by Mysterio, but will end up being "friends" with the dinosaur, hoping he can get out of there,

Freddy: Most likley to confuse him for an Animintronic, due to how Fazbear Animintronics work.

Junkrat: bomb

Pyro: Not sure how he sees Barney in Pyrovision, but may make friends.

Yoshi: Best Friends

I'll list my 5 favorites.

Sans: I mean, I'm sure he wouldn't mind being friends in general.

Undyne: Same as before.

Asgore: Again, same as before.

SCP-3812: I have no idea, a topic like this is near impossible to discuss with full accuracy when it comes to SCP-3812.

Hisoka: N o .

Redoing this one.

Ness: He just says "Okey" and walks away. Nothing much the purple dinosaur can do to this child, he's trying to save the world gosh darn it.

Giegue then Giygas: Giegue does nothing except he converts Barney into an actual dinosaur via Passives. Said Dinosaur goes on a rampage. As for Giygas, any attempts would just get swallowed into the void.

Claus: I would say he would instantly fire an intense bolt of lightning, buuuuuuut... Pretty sure OP restricted that

Lucas: Barney manages to cheer Lucas up after the tragedy he had to go through.

Sweet Tooth: I doubt he can get through the insane, murderous intent persona of Marcus kane. Easily turned down.

Calypso: Unsure, likely gets turned down.

Zim: Uses the Secret Joestar technique

I'll list some of my choices too:

Aang - Barney befriends him without much issues

Korra - Same as Aang, but will take a bit longer before it happens

Sonic - I don't think Barney would have much problems trying to befriend him

Dipper Pines - Dipper will be suspicious at first, but Barney would still manage to convince him

Bill Cipher - Considering that Bill is a pure evil psycopath (and as such, doesn't have emotions such as empathy or the ability to form friendships. Even his "friends" are nothing but his minions), I don't see Barney managing to convince him to be his friend

Ladybug - I don't think Barney would have a problem befriending her

Gilad Hyperstar said:
Ladybug - I don't think Barney would have a problem befriending her
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't Ladybug think that Barney is an Akumatized person?

Don't get me wrong, she makes friends easy, but wouldn't she be suspious about this due to the Akumas she fights daily?

Kirby - Instant best friends.

Scrooge McDuck - Scrooge would probably be a little reluctant and annoyed with him at first, but will soon eventually grow to like him, albeit with a grain of salt.

The Snatcher - Yeaaaaah, no. Snatcher's hateful and murderous personality would probably tear Barney to shreds.

Spider-Man: I dunno. He'd probably find Barney pretty weird, but if Barney kept at it, he might be able to establish a friendship.

Cool Cat: Instant best friends. (I like jokes about Cool Cat, not Cool Cat himself, just to be clear)

Sasuke Uchiha: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

Atom: Atom is a mindless robot lmao (although Barney might be able to bring him to life with imagination)

SCP-096: Barney just makes him happy while not looking at his face to calm him down.

Giorno Giovanna: Giorno and Barn become friends and GER comes up and says 'No'.

DIO: Dio puts a flesh bud on him and they become buddies.

Jotaro Kujo: Jotaro says 'Yare yare...' and both of them become friends.

Diego Brando: They become Dino bros.

Cthulhu: They become friends but at the same time, Barney just goes mad.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Shadow has resisted mind control, but I don't know if he has resisted empathic control...

SCP-682: Makes him less violent.

Sakuya: I don't even know...

Minecraft Steve: Steve helps him with his building.

That's all I have left now guys...

Jellal Fernandez (Fairy Tail): He would feel awkward but soon and possibly befriend him.

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto): He would probably befriend Barney and send him to Sasuke to learn love and friendship if Itachi is in a caring brother mode at the moment.

Hei (Darker than Black): Would give poor Barney a death glare and wander off.

Yu Kanda (D.Gray-Man): Would just say tch and walk away muttering about a beansprout leaving Barney confused.

Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass): Befriend Barney so he could have Barney hang out with Nunnally so he cheer up her up.

Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue): Well Barney would try but he persists and maybe Ragna would soften up to the dinosaur but not a friend.

Yu Narukami (Persona): The guy is a chad and would have Barney as a friend.

Makoto Yuki (Persona): Would shrug and meh and accept him as a friend.

Dante (Devil May Cry): Would probably try and kill Barney thinking he is a demon but then later chills out with Barney.

Last edited:
Lucy (Elfen Lied): Depends on what point in the series we're talking about. Kid Lucy would probably be the easiest to make friends with if it's before her Dog died and maybe after it if he doesn't get shredded.

Back