• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I was a dumb kid in middle school who kinda just powered through the filler and watched it anyway because I wasn't cognizant enough to realize how bad it was, but the instant I decided I'd never put up with filler again was when they ended episode 226 with Ichigo starting to fight Ulquiorra and they had the absolute ******* nerve to drop nearly 40 episodes of filler right after it. I skipped that garbage and skipped the rest of the filler too.

Fullbring arc in manga just gives a feeling of dread that you can't really describe IMO. I like it and think it's well written people just can't really appreciate it due it giving a different tone from what the series usually has.
Genuinely, fullbring arc is one of my favorite parts of Bleach, I was expecting it to be awful considering all the trash people talked about it, and at first it kind of was since I thought the first couple of episodes dragged a bit.

I was gonna type more but I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to do it justice since I haven't seen it in years, so I think I'll just go re-read/watch it instead.

@Arc, does the info on the Irazusando mean anything new scaling wise? Would it still be a LS feat for Ichigo or are we still waiting for any new info that might come out in the next cour?

The best Bleach filler arc is the Regai arc, because it's not only naturally placed into the story, and gives a reason as to why Ichigo is still fighting in the arc, but it also genuinely has a good story

Genuinely, fullbring arc is one of my favorite parts of Bleach, I was expecting it to be awful considering all the trash people talked about it, and at first it kind of was since I thought the first couple of episodes dragged a bit.

I was gonna type more but I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to do it justice since I haven't seen it in years, so I think I'll just go re-read/watch it instead.
People talk trash about Bleach in general.

People talk trash about Bleach in general.
I mean, sure, but the trash people talk about fullbring arc is on a completely different level from any other part of the series and it’s not even close. It was so bad that new watchers were genuinely asking if they should skip it because of how many people considered it to be some kind of “canon filler”, as if that even makes sense. No other part of Bleach gets that level of disrespect.

Q: I'd like to know the name of the technique used by Kirinji Tenjiro when he passed behind Soi Fon.
Even though she's one of the fastest elements of Gotei 13, she couldn't read his movement at all. And said: "What kind of move is that... ! ". Is it because it wasn't "Shunpo", that she couldn't read his movement?

K: It's the same Shunpo. Shunpo has three stages: Joritsu, Bakkyaku and Shunpo. Tenjiro is incredibly good at the second stage, Bakkyaku, and has incredible speed.

Not gonna lie, most of the fights in the katakura town war aren’t really living up to my expectations. There not bad but there definitely not as entertaining as they should be. Like we’ve seen what higher tier fights look like in the series and then tend to be really destructive. Most of the big fights in the SS and Hueco mundo arc are shown to be on a huge scale. Like ulquirra was casually throwing out nukes and grimmjowl was destroying mountain sized pillers with ease. Idk I was kinda expecting more from the top 3 espda and captains. Starrk might bring something to the table though

All I ask for is a FTL statement Kubo
don't need it, don't want it, unless it's for early-on characters, or unless it's just confirmation someone is FTL.

Like, I wouldn't want a guide to say a top tier is FTL, cause then people would start to take SOL as a cap on the mid tiers and low tiers, but say someone asked "is Zommari FTL" and he said "yeah," I'd get behind that

The best Bleach filler arc is the Regai arc, because it's not only naturally placed into the story, and gives a reason as to why Ichigo is still fighting in the arc, but it also genuinely has a good story
NGL it's not because it contradicts several arcs massively

Lightspeed cero sounds good until you realize what that actually entails.

First of all, every time a character gets hit by a cero because they're unable to avoid it, that becomes an antifeat for that character being FTL.
Second of all, the argument that spiritual light isn't necessarily lightspeed is severely weakened, and this opens the door for arguments like Auswahlen capping at lightspeed, which has huge repercussions for the speed scaling of the god tiers.
Third of all, people could then take the weird special relativity scaling that Hikone has in CFYOW and then use that to make an argument that Bleach has special relativity and thus caps at lightspeed.
Fourth of all, it just makes a huge, huge, huge mess of the speed scaling in general. Like, a massive mess.

If you want early lightspeed bleach, just use negacion or aaroniero dodging sunlight or something. Ceros being confirmed SOL would be catastrophic imo.

don't need it, don't want it, unless it's for early-on characters, or unless it's just confirmation someone is FTL.

Like, I wouldn't want a guide to say a top tier is FTL, cause then people would start to take SOL as a cap on the mid tiers and low tiers, but say someone asked "is Zommari FTL" and he said "yeah," I'd get behind that

NGL it's not because it contradicts several arcs massively
Yeah I can understand that. But it's just so good to actually have a filler arc (that isn't the Bount arc) where the arc isn't thrown into the middle of a bigger story arc. Like the Zanpakuto arcs...

Next cour, if we have a statment of Uryu saying he is able to destroy and one shot every singe "threads" of Senjumaru R.I.P. powerscaling.

Infinite speed Uryu... :p

First of all, every time a character gets hit by a cero because they're unable to avoid it, that becomes an antifeat for that character being FTL.
Second of all, the argument that spiritual light isn't necessarily lightspeed is severely weakened, and this opens the door for arguments like Auswahlen capping at lightspeed, which has huge repercussions for the speed scaling of the god tiers.
Third of all, people could then take the weird special relativity scaling that Hikone has in CFYOW and then use that to make an argument that Bleach has special relativity and thus caps at lightspeed.
Fourth of all, it just makes a huge, huge, huge mess of the speed scaling in general. Like, a massive mess.

If you want early lightspeed bleach, just use negacion or aaroniero dodging sunlight or something. Ceros being confirmed SOL would be catastrophic imo.
Exa

Exactly

Back