• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Reminder, Viz isn't one super person who translates these series, but it's instead multiple people that sometimes get replaced mid way through a series run

For every MHA translator (bad), you get a David Evelyn (good)
I'm aware, but the end result is what matters. Bad translation in the manga and bad translation in the anime.
Viz's historical treatment of Bleach hasn't exactly been the best either...
I mean... how long have we been waiting for SAFWY to get translated again? Or WDKALY?
Not to mention that if it weren't for Jaymes Hanson leaking the Disney+ deal and getting fans up in arms about no-simulcasting ahead of time, TYBW woulda been stuck in Disney+ jail like Summer Time Rendering. Viz only scrambled to get simulcasting done once they got backlash for it. (thankfully fans took notice of it early enough that it could be fixed, but without that leak things could have turned out differently...)

Last edited:
\
It probably didn't work because it was Edo Tensei. In Mugen Tsukyomi, Edo Tensei didn't affect the zombies.
Itachi used Genjutsu on himself while been a Edo Tensei in the fight against Kabuto. Edo Tensei are souls inside a physical vessel. (Gigai) and Sasuke did brought this dinosaurs been Edo Tensei but the guy said it was different but similar. Sasuke then added chakra directly to the Velocirráptor’s tongue so he could use Genjutsu on him.

I'm aware, but the end result is what matters. Bad translation in the manga and bad translation in the anime.
Viz's historical treatment of Bleach hasn't exactly been the best either...
I mean... how long have we been waiting for SAFWY to get translated again? Or WDKALY?
Not to mention that if it weren't for Jaymes Hanson leaking the Disney+ deal and getting fans up in arms about no-simulcasting ahead of time, TYBW woulda been stuck in Disney+ jail like Summer Time Rendering. Viz only scrambled to get simulcasting done once they got backlash for it. (thankfully fans took notice of it early enough that it could be fixed, but without that leak things could have turned out differently...)
I think it's tradition for Bleach to get kicked under the bus at this point, by both Shueisha and Viz

I think it's tradition for Bleach to get kicked under the bus at this point, by both Shueisha and Viz
And how could I forget to mention too! The extremely mediocre Viz Blu Rays for the OG Bleach anime. Not only are the covers noticeably sub-par and low effort compared to what they do with other IPs, but the quality of the episodes themselves is also not good and doesn't really justify it being called a Blu Ray tbh. The recent JP Blu Rays are miles better.
By contrast, at least they treated Burn the Witch better in terms of the manga and BluRay covers. Just a shame the slip cover for the manga is flimsy and almost everyone who owns it has reported this problem, but this could be more of a nitpick I guess...

I could be wrong, but I think that may be yet another mistranslation... Did the original japanese version actually say it's 500x sound or 500x the speed of Gin's clap?
500× the clap

Tbh only solid bleach speed scaling in the manga is uryu seeing reishi move at sub relativistic speeds

Ichibei moving at sub rel speeds

@MrBluePants How would u counter a databook statement saying Gin is 500x sound?
Here you go actually. Found it.

I used a text extractor (so maybe 1 or 2 characters aren't correctly extracted) and then I dumped it on DeepL translator (may not be perfect but it's a good translator).
As you'll see below, it CLEARLY states it's the speed of the clap itself.
It also seems to mention it's "faster than the speed of sound", but afterwards it also acknowledges it was a lie Gin made up to hide how Kamishini no Yari truly works.

Some of this is wonky due to the way I did this and my "obviously UNPARALLELED" knowledge of kanji ofc 🤭 But it was fun, just for ***** and giggles.

This is the bottom section of the scan:

かみしにのやり
→「神殺鎗」 が伸縮する速さを、己の手を打
つ速さになずらえる。 驚異の伸縮率が露した
その鋒は、音速を凌駕する速さで一護を狙う。
Kami shin no yari
The speed at which the "kamishin-yari" expands and contracts is compared to the speed at which one strikes one's own hand.
The speed at which the "Kami no shinshin no yari The amazing rate of expansion and contraction of the spear is revealed.
The spearhead of the spear aims at Ichigo at a speed that surpasses the speed of sound.

Middle section:

13kmの刀を超速で伸縮させる
ギンは自ら、 延びた刀身の長さを13kmと断言し、
実演までした。 からくらちょう 空座町の高層ビル群を一瞬で真
二つにし、広範囲に渡り高い破壊力を見せ付ける。

で構える。解けば、僅かばかりの長さの刀身。
一瞬で縮んだ かみのやり 神殺鎗」を敢えて顔部の前
A 13-km sword is extended and retracted at super speed.
Ginn himself declared the length of the extended blade to be 13 km,
He even demonstrated it. Karakuracho, the town's skyscrapers were instantly
the skyscrapers of Koraza Town in an instant, demonstrating its high destructive power over a wide area.

The sword is held in the form of a "kara-kura-chou" (a sword with a long blade). The blade is only a fraction of its original length.
The sword blade is only a fraction of its original length, and it shrinks in an instant.

Top section:

しかい
始解状態で刀身が刀百本分延びるため、
"百本差し” の異名を持つ しんそう「神鎗」。ばんかい 卍解
では伸縮の長さ・速さが共に上昇するが、
それは真の能力を隠す囮でもあった。
Shikai (the first opening of a sword)
The sword blade extends for a hundred swords when in the initial state,
The sword is known as the "Hyakubonzashi" (one hundred swords). BANKAI Manjidai
the length and speed of the extension and contraction are both increased.
This is also a decoy to hide his true ability.

MrBluePants when the speed ratings aren't revised:
FDRb2yjWYAQY8A4.png

My source told me Shinji’s bankai is coming next episode. It will end with Komamura arriving to save Momo.

He also told me the content of all the upcoming episodes.

Eat.

Episode 3: Bankai return, Shinji bankai, Komamura cameo. Bambi vs Shinji.
Episode 4: Komamura vs Bambietta ends with Renji and Rukia arriving in SS.
Episode 5: Mask vs Vizards & Mask vs Renji.
Episode 6: Rukia vs As Nodt.
Episode 7: Yachiru vs Lee, Gremmy vs Kenpachi Part I
Episode 8: Gremmy vs Kenpachi Part II, Shinji & Omaida vs Bazz-B
Episode 9: Ichigo vs Gremmy, Fem /Men Sternritters. Ichigo vs Uryu. (Small confrontation, Ichigo doesn’t fight back) Yhwach’s goes bye bye to Royal Palace.
Episode 10: Captains and Lieutenants vs Sternritters extended. Mayuri vs Giselle.
Episode 11: Pepe’s love story. And Zero Squad vs Yhwach’s Elite. Tokinada cameo.
Episode 12: Yhwach vs Ichibei Part I. Yhwach’s proper backstory with Soul King that was tease in first episode.
Episode 13: Yhwach vs Ichibei Part II. Ends with Yhwach stabbing the Soul King.

Eat.

Episode 3: Bankai return, Shinji bankai, Komamura cameo. Bambi vs Shinji.
Episode 4: Komamura vs Bambietta ends with Renji and Rukia arriving in SS.
Episode 5: Mask vs Vizards & Mask vs Renji.
Episode 6: Rukia vs As Nodt.
Episode 7: Yachiru vs Lee, Gremmy vs Kenpachi Part I
Episode 8: Gremmy vs Kenpachi Part II, Shinji & Omaida vs Bazz-B
Episode 9: Ichigo vs Gremmy, Fem /Men Sternritters. Ichigo vs Uryu. (Small confrontation, Ichigo doesn’t fight back) Yhwach’s goes bye bye to Royal Palace.
Episode 10: Captains and Lieutenants vs Sternritters extended. Mayuri vs Giselle.
Episode 11: Pepe’s love story. And Zero Squad vs Yhwach’s Elite. Tokinada cameo.
Episode 12: Yhwach vs Ichibei Part I. Yhwach’s proper backstory with Soul King that was tease in first episode.
Episode 13: Yhwach vs Ichibei Part II. Ends with Yhwach stabbing the Soul King.
Pepes loves story ? 😭😭😭

You know his battle against Byakuya and zombies. I just didn't want to write that down. Too many shit to write for a shitty character that doesn't deserve it. His history was indeed one of love. He got eaten by a loli in the end. lol
Does your sources say anything about Gremmy Outerspace 🗿🗿🗿. IDC who fights who but honestly I just need the feat animated properly with galaxy in it.

Back