• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach speed revisions (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To not make it too long i decided to divide in 2 parts
I will work on the new speed ratings later after this revision done but first i will exterminate the thing that may likely prevent the upgrade (well gin without bankai is mhs+ but still his bankai is rated mhs)

The horror named Mach 500 gin bankai
The reason it's wrong its quite simple that ****** lied out of his ass about his speed to hide it's true ability. mach 500 gin shouldn't be in the profiles.

Last edited:
Agreed 100% with this here. I own the physical japanese guide Bleach: Unmasked and nowhere does it:

a) confirm what Gin is saying is true
b) say that he's comparing the SPEED OF THE SOUND to the speed of the extension and contraction

I will work on the new speed ratings later after this revision done but first i will exterminate the thing that may likely prevent the upgrade (well gin without bankai is mhs+ but still his bankai is rated mhs)

The reason it's wrong its quite simple that ****** lied out of his ass about his speed to hide it's true ability. mach 500 gin shouldn't be in the profiles

FghLH44agAA218X.jpg

It can mean slower or faster
That isn't the point of the thread, it's just that as a whole mach 500 shouldn't be used
no it cannot mean that, read it again
"as fast as I said" means "not as fast as that"
"as slow as I said" means "not as slow as that"
There is a clear difference, they do not mean the same thing.

Yes it should not be used not cause the bankai is faster, but actually slower? Or what is the point of the OP?

Anyways doesn't matter cuz the thread point is not using mach 500 gin in general

You know all this means is it isn’t fast as stated. That doesn’t debunk the notion it could be slower or faster. “It’s not fast as Mach 1” means it isn’t Mach 1.
it means less than mach 1 actually
"not as fast as the speed of sound", means slower than the speed of sound.
"I am not as fast as light", means slower than light.
What are you trying to say by saying it can mean faster or slower, this is pretty simple actually
no one is saying faster or slower, it's just saying that the statement is unusable to scale his speed. This means that you can't say that he's mach 500.
it gives a cap, at least for Gin at that moment.

But yes the mach 500 should be removed, as it is not accurate

it means less than mach 1 actually
"not as fast as the speed of sound", means slower than the speed of sound.
"I am not as fast as light", means slower than light.
What are you trying to say by saying it can mean faster or slower, this is pretty simple actually

it gives a cap, at least for Gin at that moment.

But yes the mach 500 should be removed, as it is not accurate
Can You just let This topic for p2 please?

I believe Pain isn't understanding what Gin's saying rn.

Gin specifically says "it doesn't stretch as fast as i said", which isn't him innately saying "it stretches slower than what i said", all he's saying is that the number which he told Aizen was a lie, and that it doesn't stretch as fast as what he told him. You can make the assertion that he's most likely referencing that his Bankai's speed is slower than the number he gave, but that isn't inherent and is instead an equivalent interpretation to the one which asserts that he's referencing that his Bankai is faster than what he told Aizen. This is basically an equal interpretations type of situation.

Also this is completely different to the example Pain gave as we aren't working upon already known metrics of speed, such as "speed of sound" or "speed of light", what we're working upon is an undisclosed number he gave Aizen. These two aren't analogues. Also even if we're it still wouldn't be analogues because of the specific sentence structure which Gin used.

no it cannot mean that, read it again
"as fast as I said" means "not as fast as that"
"as slow as I said" means "not as slow as that"
There is a clear difference, they do not mean the same thing.

Yes it should not be used not cause the bankai is faster, but actually slower? Or what is the point of the OP?
Gin compared it to the speed of his hands clapping not the speed of the sound that databooks say the same thing.

The reason it's wrong its quite simple that ****** lied out of his ass about his speed to hide it's true ability. mach 500 gin shouldn't be in the profiles.

Agreed.

Gin specifically says "it doesn't stretch as fast as i said", which isn't him innately saying "it stretches slower than what i said", all he's saying is that the number which he told Aizen was a lie, and that it doesn't stretch as fast as what he told him. You can make the assertion that he's most likely referencing that his Bankai's speed is slower than the number he gave, but that isn't inherent and is instead an equivalent interpretation to the one which asserts that he's referencing that his Bankai is faster than what he told Aizen. This is basically an equal interpretations type of situation.
we also don't know what he told aizen, but this is a confirmation that what he told strawberry was a lie

Gin compared it to the speed of his hands clapping not the speed of the sound that databooks say the same thing.
he said "do you hear that" it is as 500 times faster than that. what do you hear again? hands clapping or the sound made?
Anyway, this thread is not for this argument, since either way 500 times sos is invalid.
I believe Pain isn't understanding what Gin's saying rn.

Also this is completely different to the example Pain gave as we aren't working upon already known metrics of speed, such as "speed of sound" or "speed of light", what we're working upon is an undisclosed number he gave Aizen. These two aren't analogues. Also even if we're it still wouldn't be analogues because of the specific sentence structure which Gin used.
i think i need to brush up my english, but if anything is said to not do something as fast as it was said, it means it is slower than that number, there is no equal interpretation here. if you want we can ask someone who probably know nothing about bleach but is really good at english

Okay now that the off topic arguments
Anyone else who agrees and didn't sais That yet?

i think i need to brush up my english, but if anything is said to not do something as fast as it was said, it means it is slower than that number, there is no equal interpretation here. if you want we can ask someone who probably know nothing about bleach but is really good at english
Sure i'm fine with that.

We can also ask @IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 whose an English major fmk and he's knowledgeable on the series.

Is this what I get for Christmas? Really?

I echo Mitch's sentiments. Can we close this till the AP thread is wrapped up?

For what it is worth, I disagree with the proposal in the OP. No good reason there to remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back