• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

0049-003.png
0105-007.png
0402-019.png
0491-013.png

I wonder, if that Genjutsu neg from AKM goes through, Genjutsu only working on circulatory energy systems within the body, if it would work on any Bleach characters anymore?

Quincy don't have an internal energy source, so they'd obviously be unaffected. However, Shinigami (or Shinigami-like beings) are weird, like would you argue that since their energy springs from within their body they'd be prone to Genjutsu, or would you argue that because they emit their energy outside their bodies Genjutsu wouldn't fundamentally work? Because to my knowledge Genjutsu works by manipulating your inner chakra (energy) flow within your brain, but Shinigami energy is constantly being vented (sus) from their wrists. Curious what y'all think.

Akm specifically mention the naruto physiology which has another vein system, it goes beyond the equalise energy standard

Don't Quincy also have an internal energy system via Blut?
Nah, Quincy flood their actual veins and arteries with reishi so its not a secondary system like the chakra network. The closest it gets is when Kisuke mentions that Blut works on two separate "systems" but since we know it functions via veins and arteries, this would be what he refers to.

The thing with chakra isn't that it has an internal energy system, it's that it has an internal energy system directly connected to the nervous system, which is how Genjutsu is able to manipulate the 5 senses.

Bleach doesn't have that, at all, not once is it shown, stated or implied that Reiryoku/Reiatsu is tied to the nervous system

I mean, it goes beyond equalizing energies though, you'd have to equalize the characters biologies for Genjutsu to affect most verses.

There has to be other verses with obscure stuff like this vsbw must have overlooked, this is news to me

I think it was one of seth old videos but couldnt the god tiers/hagaromo affect beings with no chakra?

I think it was one of seth old videos but couldnt the god tiers/hagaromo affect beings with no chakra?
I really don't think that is the case, with the Boruto "retcons" among the other info, I think the affecting beings with no chakra is a misconception, at least that's what I got talking to some Nard peeps in discord.

I really don't think that is the case, with the Boruto "retcons" among the other info, I think the affecting beings with no chakra is a misconception, at least that's what I got talking to some Nard peeps in discord.
Lol is nard just short for naruto and the R word for disabled combined?
What do other fanbases call bleach for short?

Lol oh man the nostalgia sasugay is a classic but im to progressive now to even use gay in my slang

I swear there was something about IT affecting stuff without chakra networks.
Kaguya's first IT affected humans that didn't have Chakra as Hagoromo hadn't shared it with the world yet.

In all honesty though, I firmly believe that most Genjutsu shouldn't work on anyone because it's not really a mental attack. It's energy manipulation of a unique energy network system exclusive to Naruto. I literally can't think of any other series that has such biology linked to cranial nerves that would allow Genjutsu to work on them.

We jump several hoops to allow it to work on VS matches that it honestly feels like pandering because if I pulled Guts from Berserk and Itachi from Naruto into our real life universe, no shit Itachi can't use Genjutsu on Guts since he doesn't have a Chakra Network System nor an energy system.

Expecting a > Prime SK tier character assuming Kubo follows the whole "Hell always existed, even before SK made the realms" thing.

So I know soul hax numbers tend to cause problems for Bleach but I was thinking about how powerful Bleach (more specifically Hollow) minds are. Would we equate them to the number of souls within the Hollow since for a Gillian to even have a chance of becoming an Adjuchas, they need to possess a stronger mind than all other Hollows that make up the Gillian and overpower the other personalities.

Edit: The scan
Some of the Quincy and Tsukishima girls claim that things that manipulate the mind don't work in Hollows because of their nature.

Back