• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

I found a new translation that says both Aizen and Yhwach were shutting down the gates of the hell, which one is more accurate because one says only Aizen and the second one says Aizen and Yhwach

This one

Last edited:
So now the theories of Aizen is the strongest and he is a noble that's why he is the one to close the gates get obliterated by VIZ lol

What if, Aizen and Yhwach weren't doing this on purpose? maybe as long as there is a strong Reiatsu in SS that will keep the gates closed and its not like there is some holy secret for that lol

Today was the first time in 8 months I have seen Bleach Trend in Page 1 of free anime sites. New Chapter is bringing many new watchers to the anime and the manga. Also #13 in Manga Plus with just One Special chapter. 🔥🔥🔥

With hellverse as a potential setting i wonder if hel dial up the body horror element to am 11. Maybe add in creepy/scary visuals influenced by buddhism lore for each layer the gang bounces around in hell.

Ya know the more I think about Ichigo swinging his blade with his left hand (ambidextrous swordplay being highly indicative of dual wielding in Bleach) the more I'm subscribing to the following: Ichigo's sword in the new chapter is a sealed version of his Shikai (think Yumichika's Shikai) and Ichigo can manifest his dual Shikai via Shikai command. Considering when he slew Yhwach it was after having his Hollow and Quincy powers removed leaving just his Shinigami powers, but in CFYOW we know his powers returned (this also in line with Rukia telling Ichigo that he can't ever truly have his powers robbed as they are ingrained in his soul).

This has a lot of practical and narrative upsides too. Ichigo being able to "seal" his Shikai (like Yumichika) enables him to further nerf his powers as to not have a bad effect on WotL, it allows Kubo to introduce threats to Ichigo in WotL that don't run the risk of power cliffing into oblivion (imo this is the biggest benefit as Gentei Reiin is only an 80% nerf but a sealed Shikai can be any type of nerf to fit the needs of the story), and it allows Kubo to let Ichigo show off a variety of forms. Perhaps, since Ichigo's true powers are too immense for the WotL (even more so with the frail balance within the Soul Cycle post war) he can only use his sealed Shikai in WotL (and maybe in SS too), this making it so other characters can remain relevant and so threats in WotL (and maybe SS) are still impactful in a way that makes sense and doesn't feel like stupid power creep (looking at you Naruto: Boruto). Then in Hell, Ichigo can go all out, releasing his True Shikai (the twin blades), this would finally give us his Shikai command (which would be neat for the sake of being neat), as well as all his TYBW forms that people love so much (also more forms = more merchandise, and if DBS taught us anything Shounen Jump and Shueisha love money grabs).

While, I really really like the idea of "Blade is Me" and his blade not having any new forms, with him wielding his true power whenever he chooses, I'm starting to subscribe to the above being more realistic and the more I sit on the fact he swung with his left hand the more I subscribe to the above.

My mindset is starting to align very much with this interpretation:

It's a very good video too, I recommend checking it out.

Ya know the more I think about Ichigo swinging his blade with his left hand (ambidextrous swordplay being highly indicative of dual wielding in Bleach) the more I'm subscribing to the following: Ichigo's sword in the new chapter is a sealed version of his Shikai (think Yumichika's Shikai) and Ichigo can manifest his dual Shikai via Shikai command. Considering when he slew Yhwach it was after having his Hollow and Quincy powers removed leaving just his Shinigami powers, but in CFYOW we know his powers returned (this also in line with Rukia telling Ichigo that he can't ever truly have his powers robbed as they are ingrained in his soul).

This has a lot of practical and narrative upsides too. Ichigo being able to "seal" his Shikai (like Yumichika) enables him to further nerf his powers as to not have a bad effect on WotL, it allows Kubo to introduce threats to Ichigo in WotL that don't run the risk of power cliffing into oblivion (imo this is the biggest benefit as Gentei Reiin is only an 80% nerf but a sealed Shikai can be any type of nerf to fit the needs of the story), and it allows Kubo to let Ichigo show off a variety of forms. Perhaps, since Ichigo's true powers are too immense for the WotL (even more so with the frail balance within the Soul Cycle post war) he can only use his sealed Shikai in WotL (and maybe in SS too), this making it so other characters can remain relevant and so threats in WotL (and maybe SS) are still impactful in a way that makes sense and doesn't feel like stupid power creep (looking at you Naruto: Boruto). Then in Hell, Ichigo can go all out, releasing his True Shikai (the twin blades), this would finally give us his Shikai command (which would be neat for the sake of being neat), as well as all his TYBW forms that people love so much (also more forms = more merchandise, and if DBS taught us anything Shounen Jump and Shueisha love money grabs).

While, I really really like the idea of "Blade is Me" and his blade not having any new forms, with him wielding his true power whenever he chooses, I'm starting to subscribe to the above being more realistic and the more I sit on the fact he swung with his left hand the more I subscribe to the above.
You do realize that making Ichigo not get new forms while Kubo and Klab constantly teases us in BBS with true Potential Ichigos makes it VERY annoying right? Because what's the point other than shameless cash grab? Of which Kubo will do it but only for the money and with no rhyme or reason, no meaning? Just...

Baiting for something that doesn't exist?

You do realize that making Ichigo not get new forms while Kubo and Klab constantly teases us in BBS with true Potential Ichigos makes it VERY annoying right? Because what's the point other than shameless cash grab? Of which Kubo will do it but only for the money and with no rhyme or reason, no meaning? Just...

Baiting for something that doesn't exist?
I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here.

Is Ichigo using a partial release to limit himself in the WOTL? But how does that explain the fuckery he did against Yhwach?

234833456_608761400528202_8977845855450468602_n.png
This a shitty idea. Ichigo’s bankai is just broken and he is weaker. Occam razor.

Back