• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BAN-KAI! Bleach General Discussion

Prove it. Yhwach wasn't under KS when he saw Aizen for the first time. KS doesn't erase memories, so he would had noticed. I don't believe you.
Last episode, we saw Aizen on the wall when Shunsui sees him, but this episode, we see that Aizen is actually free.

The out of universe (potential) explanation for this is the anime team made a mistake, but we're discussing an in-verse explanation.

The simplest is, well, Kyoka Suigetsu. We know Aizen can and does use Kyoka Suigetsu while confined (see his discussion with Yhwach for that), so he just conjured an illusion of him still being trapped to mess with people (Aizen's also been like that).

Plus, it fits with Aizen having his mouth seal undone when meeting Yhwach, while he had it on just last episode (though, I think the anime team said that they removed Aizen's mouthpiece just to make it easier to understand the conversation with Yhwach, but we're still going with in-universe explanations here).

Plus, it fits with what we already know from the manga and Spirits are Forever with You.

Last episode, we saw Aizen on the wall when Shunsui sees him, but this episode, we see that Aizen is actually free.

The out of universe (potential) explanation for this is the anime team made a mistake, but we're discussing an in-verse explanation.

The simplest is, well, Kyoka Suigetsu. We know Aizen can and does use Kyoka Suigetsu while confined (see his discussion with Yhwach for that), so he just conjured an illusion of him still being trapped to mess with people (Aizen's also been like that).

Plus, it fits with Aizen having his mouth seal undone when meeting Yhwach, while he had it on just last episode (though, I think the anime team said that they removed Aizen's mouthpiece just to make it easier to understand the conversation with Yhwach, but we're still going with in-universe explanations here).

Plus, it fits with what we already know from the manga and Spirits are Forever with You.
When Yhwach talk to Aizen, we see the same purple glow on the ground as when Kyoraku undid the seals, so my guess is that Yhwach undone some of Aizen's seals via some reishi manip or smt to **** with the keyholes and he got re-sealed when he left.

As for today's episode, my take was always that aizen simply needed the slighest opening in his sealing to escape his physical bindings, because he is just that good.

Last edited:

Reiatu talk with Yhwach? I agree that he could had used KS for Shunsui in that scene. Or Aizen could had already been unsealed prior to Shunsui using the keys. I'm saying that crimilar villain from the novel didn't remove his seals. Is there a reason Hulu hasn't update the episodes to the blu ray?

I loved how in this episode my "meme" of Ganju using sand on "Almighty" was kinda used (but I think that was smoke) to disprove its effectiveness.

Sand > Eyes : r/bleach

I say Ichigo performance in the anime so far is so much better than the Manga version of the events so far I really hope Kubo shows us What Ichigo bankai looks like before Mustache man goes "nope"
They could probably show us how Ichigo vs Yhwach goes when Ichigo uses his Bankai, before revealing that that was the future Yhwach saw, and then we still get the scene of Ichigo's Bankai getting broken.

Then again, Ichigo's Bankai might not even get broken this time, we don't know.

Reiatu talk with Yhwach? I agree that he could had used KS for Shunsui in that scene. Or Aizen could had already been unsealed prior to Shunsui using the keys.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.
I'm saying that crimilar villain from the novel didn't remove his seals.
Why not?
Is there a reason Hulu hasn't update the episodes to the blu ray?
I don't know. I assume it's just easier to not update it, and it gives you extra incentive to go buy the Blu-rays.

I wish Kubo explores the Mimihagi and Yhwach interaction here further. I want to see the Almighty have a weakness. Perhaps, related to Stillness. It means there is no flow of time, so in that moment that being has no future. Maybe give Ichigo that “time stop” power from Old Man Zangetsu in the first fight of Ichigo vs Kenpachi as Ichigo’s schrift Quincy power? Something OMZ did against Yhwach’s wishes? It would make sense for Almighty Yhwach to not be able to see Ichigo if he moves like “Hit” from DBS. Kubo could bend or change the rules to fit into a weakness for Almighty. Let’s say the time stop doesn’t work on Yhwach himself but it does on the Almighty. Ichigo would have his own “Bankai” expansion similar to Tousen or Senjumaru if he wants to make it his Bankai instead of Quincy power. That would be cool. Ichigo and Yhwach would fight in a time stop zone.

Back