• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what does Meph lead with and why does Bambi not nuke it, him and everything else to oblivion? Also would her Medallion work on him? Before anyone says he doesn't have anything like a Zan spirit, the Medallion works on Resureccion (which is just the full power of the Arrancar) but Quincy don't steal those cuz that would be suicidal.

In his Interlude he openned with his NP, but granted he was planting different parts of it around London to try and cause mass destruction, and torment his former master. The context there makes it hard to draw on, but I don't know of many other instances of him fighting on screen. According to the Type Moon wiki, he used explosives in a GUDAGUDA event but i have no way to varify that. I'm gonna go look at Solomon's temple and London to check and see if he does anything combat wise there that we can draw from. I'll add this to a standard battle strategy if I find anything.

What does the Medalion do? If she nukes everything, he will reflect the damage back at her 2 fold, and chances are he may also go for nuking the entire battlefield

I await your response then, good sir.

Haxxed they may be, but I sincerely doubt they resist getting turned into someone elses bombs kek.

If she tries to weaponize his own bombs against him they will only strengthen him. His Bombs are classified as curses, and curses only make him stronger instead of weakening or damaging him

"Clown's Laughter (Rank A+): A Skill derived from Innocent Monster. As a(n) (established) devil, Mephistopheles can put an intense heavy pressure on the entirety of mankind as a species. If there is a possibility of failure in any situation, it will fail without exception, one falling into a state like they had been abandoned by fortune. "

There's also this

What curse is involved here? Bambi doesn't use curses. She also leads with nuking everything in front of her, the one thing that will work on her isn't used nearly soon enough, she outranges far too much for Meph to get close enough with his bombs, Explode detonates what it touches nigh instantly, Vene tanks everything but Tick Tock, the base feat she scales from rn is already x6.5 Meph and she massively upscales from it that its not even funny.

All that ignores that she will be upgraded to High 6-C soon enough.

Mephy's Tick Tock bomb is a curse, so turning the NP back on him would only strengthen him

Clown's Laughter and Witchcraft would kinda hard nope her killing him by nuking the battlefield or killing him with Explode

Witchcraft is irrelevant as he would die before he can reverse the attack and Clown's Laughter doesn't stop him from getting tagged when she hits everything. There is no Luck check to fail when her hitting him is guaranteed. Also, whats the range on that Skill anyway? Cuz his profile doesn't mention it as being superior to his normal stuff so she kills him long before it can affect her.

You are gonna have to provide scans for that and that he can even reflect double the damage that is a scaling chain of oneshots.

Its ripped straight from his mats. He probably used it somewhere on screen, but one of the issues with making profiles for Casters is that the actual spells they use are a pain to find since they aren't usually listed in guides. For example, I would love to make more Geronimo matches but we don't know anything about the spirits he uses except for one. I'm just glad Nasu and the other writers actually listed what some of his spells that he gets from the skill do

Also yes, he almost certainly can. Unlike many Casters he is able to contend with Mountain Level+ fighters like Mordred without getting one shot or totally shit on. His Magecraft is stated to be on par with Noble Phantasm as well

Bambi's go-to strategy is to blow everything around her away and hope that her enemy got caught in the blast.

Due to her raw power, hax, and the nature of her explosions, She gets her wish most of the time.

Mephi is unquestionably behind in 'ability to just blow shit sky-high'. However, that's not his schtick anyway until the time comes to set off his bombs.

The question is, if he--or we--can determine that there IS a chance for Bambi's carpet bombing to fail, however unlikely, then Mephi will undoubtedly survive that onslaught because that means Bambi will fail countless Luck Checks in a short amount of time.

I meant scans on it being passive. Cuz that just says the same as his profile which doesn't mention passive damage reflection. Or it does but I keep missing it.

On par with NPs or his NP? Cuz NPs are just Mountain+ which Bambi one shots multiple times over. His NP and he needs a tier change.

Caster is capable of competing with those of her caliber through magecraft. I'll shorten the range if that will make the match better

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Caster is capable of competing with those of her caliber through magecraft. I'll shorten the range if that will make the match better
I think the point is, his magecraft can't overcome her, and his NP which can lacks the range to do so.

Is that what they guys are trying to say?

Alright then, do provide an answer to the points I made in my earlier argument for Mephi's Clown Laughter allowing him to survive Bambi's bombing.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Schnee One said:
Meph nukes
End
Nuke what exactly?
Also i thought it gonna be stomp on Bambi favor but looks like i'm wrong lel

Yeah, well, turns out Mephi's versatility and his NP are hard counters to Bambi, and his canonically powerful Skills aren't helping Bambi's argument much...if only he had more Mystery to him, then this would be simpler.

Making them closer wont change much as Bambi makes sure to be out of her explosions so she immediately increases the distance with flight and speed amps, thus out of Meph's range, followed by my posts above.

As for the Laughter, lets say Bambi throws a few reishi orbs. They don't hit cuz there is the chance of them not hitting. She gets pissed and blows up everything. The skill isn't doing anything to save Meph whwn he is getting killed with absolute certainty.

Yes, but that's looking at the carpet bombing and saying 'well that definitely destroyed everything'.

In reality, a carpet bombing is multiple explosions occurring across a short span of time. Each explosion is separate from the next. The second explosion won't 'remember' that the first didn't kill Mephi and proceed to kill him.

It's like throwing 10000 dice (exposions) all at once and hoping to land at least one specific number. Mephi's Laughter makes it so that if you CAN fail, you WILL fail. So, none of those dice you just threw will have a Six facing up.

That's why I said he could survive a carpet bombing. And with speed equalized, he can slow her down with curses and catch up just fine. I don't remember Bambi having feats of dealing with nasty curses.

@Zenjutsu

read it but i'm not sure how it helps considering she can just spam pretty much infinite reishi around her thus everything touched by her will explode. How exactly would it miss since it's pretty much a Danmaku barrage.

She can do this aoe just charging up ibase.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm admittedly not seeing exactly what is stopping Bambietta from using Medallion and stealing Meph's NP without issue.
I see that she has Medallion listed under her equipment, but if she has power stealing via it that should definitely be described.

Also, I'm not really sure if you could steal Meph's NP, since it seems to be a glorified form of Magecraft. Even if you steal the actual NP status of the ability and gain a similar thing, he should still be able to use explosive internal bomb curses all the same. In addition, Meph's NP is a curse, so her trying to use it on him will only make him stronger. I looked into it and explosion curses are not an uncommon thing, even among far weaker witchcraft practitioners

That shouldn't really matter. It can seal Resurrection which is just the Arrancar's sealing their full powers on a blade, or any Bankai, from those that are actual weapons to those that are purely transformations or states. Ticktock Bomb has that special quality of manifesting in people, but it is a noble phantasm with a physical form nonetheless. And no, once stolen, the other side can't use it.

Nop, she doesn't need to use it and is even more likely she won't. Medallions are mainly used to lock the special powers of the Shinigami (Bankai) away.

Bambina's powers are not curses as well, its mere hax and transmutation. When you combine her higher maneuverability due to flying, range, and very powerful and spammeable speed amps with this, there's not a lot Meph can do. More over, Witchcraft is magecraft all the same. With no High Speed Divine Words or High Speed Incantation, I can't see any of his big spells taking a mere moment to finish, while Bambina can and does AoE or shoot at everything like a maniac even in base.

FURTHERMORE, from the description fo Clown's Laughter, the action needs to have a luck check related to it. Bambina failing to hit him because of a skill like that would be the same as saying that Arash would never nail him as long as he had a chance of failing, which isn't the case because, obviously, a simple attack doesn't need a luck check. Otherwise, nobody without an AoE could touch him, and I doubt Mash has an AoE attack.

So is it Power Nullification then? Tick Tock Bomb has a physical form only in so far as the bombs that he can create with it have a physical form. I'm really not sure what your point is. Can the medalion seal something like the kido that the shinigami use? His is more along the lines of something like that. And again, he is capable of producing basically the same hax explosives as magecraft even if she seals the NP itself, because it is ultimately just ascended magecraft.

So she won't then?

I was saying if she took his powers, but I guess she can't do that. Witchcraft doesn't do chanting the same way that most other magecraft does. Tamamo is proof enough of that. He also spawned one of his bombs to attack the party without saying a word to hint them off

Let me remind you that his luck stat is high enough that if her attack was actually that absolute, then the fate manip kicks in. I'm not sure if Arash would be able to land a hit on him if he used clowns laughter tbh. A luck check literally just means a luck factor, its fate using those magical game like terms to describe its power systems. We never saw the fight on screen, so we don't know how Mash matched him.

If this match just comes down to them both nuking the area trying to destroy the other, then he has the advantage of supernatural luck and higher AP on his side

It scales to 6-C,

But again, it has a range of several meters to Bambietta's hundreds of meters. Range wise he's pretty ******, and it can be sealed. And it doesn't matter if its like Kido, there are Bankai and Shikai that are called Kido types and others that do similar things - they can also be stolen. I've seen literally nothing that would indicate Tick Tock can't be stolen besides semantics. But his normal Witchcraft is not at the level of his normal NP. If you honestly wish to tell me otherwise, I am gonna have to say that's bull.

Seal it? Possibly. Use it for herself? No.

He isn't Tamamo though. Not to mention, a lot of casters don't chant in animations - I am sure you are not about to tell me they all can loose high level spells in quick succesion the same as Divine Swords and High Speed Incantation.

I... neved said it was absolute, no. Just that normal attacks have literally nothing to do with Luck Checks. That skill won't make her miss. And no, that's... that's freaking absurd. Luck checks have never been shown to be in anyway related to a Servant's skill to use their simple combat skills. Either produce proof of that or don't claim things that aren't true.

No, he has the advantage of supernatural luck that has nothing to do with surviving a normal AoE attack and higher AP that is meaningless since she beats his range and can seal his NP. She has the flight advantage, the spamming advantage, the range advantage, and speed amps.

Would you kindly provide an example and/or scans of these medallions being used to seal Kido usage? Literally stated falt out that his magecraft is on par with noble Phantasm, so yes it would be.

Can I get proof of her using it in character?

I bring up Tamamo because they use the same kind of magecraft. I actually wasn't drawing from her not chanting in the games, I was drawing from her not chanting in the manga. Meph also displays the ability to use his bomb curses without a single line of chanting in his interlude

I'm incredibly confused on what you think Luck Checks are. I don't believe we have ever gotten a formal definition, but its basically anything where a luck factor is required to succeed. Let me remind you that Fou proved that being need luck to even survive, much less land attacks. The only exception would be absolute attacks like Gae Bolg, imo. Luck check in the context of the NP it describes is almost always used to distinguish it from moves that have no inherent luck factor beyond those that come with the trade.

They are starting at close range, and it has been shown that if his bombs move out of his range after they have been set up they remain active. She doesn't have a meaningful AP advantage unless she deals his NP, which only happens if she goes for the Medallion. Unless that is instant, the equalised speed means she got blown to hell while he got his NP sealed. I'm not sure what you mean by spamming advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back