• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakugou vs Todoroki

Ayewale said:
No, don't pull that shit, fire is as much a problem to him as everyone else. And no, he's not countering the GIW multiple times. His massive explosions take a great effort from him, while Todooki's not even winded by GIW. And he still kept up with sweat.
Also, if you haven't read the manga yet, I should NOT be talking to you because that's you admitting you don't know what you're talking about. The manga + anime have lots of differences between them.
During their Sports Festival fight, Bakugou countered the Ice Wall with a series if small explosioins, not a massive one. He doesn't need a massive explosion to get through it

Also, what did I say to deserve your shitty attitude?

I apologize if I offended you. And he did not counter GIW, he just countered some ice walls.

And I didn't mean to be rude, but all of your info is coming from a non-canon adaptation, so we aren't going to be on the same page, nor could you be right about any specific details.

My money is on Todoroki he's displayed he can keep up with Bakugo in CC and has superior AP, stamina and range also Bakugo's Howitzer Impact can be countered either by Todoroki blasting fire at him which if it hits will cause Bakugo to detonate early or Bakugo will dodge and ruin his momentum and finally Todoroki can reciprocate with his Flashfreeze heatwave

Insert creative name here 12 said:
My money is on Todoroki he's displayed he can keep up with Bakugo in CC and has superior AP, stamina and range also Bakugo's Howitzer Impact can be countered either by Todoroki blasting fire at him which if it hits will cause Bakugo to detonate early or Bakugo will dodge and ruin his momentum and finally Todoroki can reciprocate with his Flashfreeze heatwave
To be fair, Bakugou has shown (not been stated to have, shown) superior CQC and strategy in his fights, and has more mastery over his quirk (Todoroki only completely mastered his ice quirk, and he is inexperienced with his fire quirk in comparison)

plus most of Todoroki's Super Moves involve massive AOE attacks, which generally doesn't work to it's full potentialagianst single targets. Bakugou, on the other hand, not only has massive AOE, he can concentrate his AOE blasts with AP Shot and can blind him with Stun Grenade.

Also, Bakugou has superior stamina and durability compared to Shoutou as well

So don't count him out yet

Todoroki has superior stamina his Quirk stamina has no known limit only his physical stamina does in comparison to Bakugo who has a limit on both ends and using his full strength lowers his Quirk stamina by quite a bit

Bakugo and Todoroki have gone up is CQC and Todoroki gained an edge even against Stain someone who is superior to 5% Deku and , Todoroki could hold his own and make him back off

Todoroki's massive aoe can counter Stun Grenade and AP Shot. In the event he's blinded releasing a large glacier will give him time to get his bearings and AP Shot is a mid range move with small aoe.

1. https://bokunoheroacademia.fandom.com/wiki/Explosio

"The more Katsuki sweats, the more powerful the explosions become.[1] This essentially means that Katsuki gradually grows in power the more he fights, since he will naturally sweat more under ongoing physical activity."

So essentially instead of getting weaker he actually gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Also, other than his most powerful explosions, Bakugou doesn't have a limit to how much he can use his quirk either. He can use his Grenadier Bracers to set of 2 of his strongest explosions if necessary

2. I rewatched the Stain figh, and Todoroki literally did nothing except for 1. AOE attacks, and 2. nearly getting killed 3 times. Basically whenever Stain actually got close Todoroki was about to die. He didn't throw a single punch or kick. So saying that Todoroki's CQC is good because he fought Stain is completely false.

3. If Bakugou gets in close (Which, considering how that's his specialty, will happen one way or another), Stun Grenade is gonna give Todoroki hell. Generally speaking, Flashbang grenades impare sight for about 5-10 seconds, and cause impared vision for much longer. Hearing is affected for about 10 minutes, and dizziness can last up to an hour. If Bakugou can land even 1 Stung Grenade, he can reduce Todoroki's abilities for quite some time. For AP Shot, it's logically one fo Bakugou's most powerful moves because it involves him compressing his power into 1 powerful bast, with far more piercing power than his reguar explosions. Plus he can rapid-fire the move. So if Todoroki gets hit, it's gonna hurt a lot.

I'm leaning towards Katsuki, but referring to second point, Shouto didn't use his flames during that battle. At all, only his ice

Mickey1940 said:

"The more Katsuki sweats, the more powerful the explosions become.[1] This essentially means that Katsuki gradually grows in power the more he fights, since he will naturally sweat more under ongoing physical activity."

So essentially instead of getting weaker he actually gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Also, other than his most powerful explosions, Bakugou doesn't have a limit to how much he can use his quirk either. He can use his Grenadier Bracers to set of 2 of his strongest explosions if necessary

2. I rewatched the Stain figh, and Todoroki literally did nothing except for 1. AOE attacks, and 2. nearly getting killed 3 times. Basically whenever Stain actually got close Todoroki was about to die. He didn't throw a single punch or kick. So saying that Todoroki's CQC is good because he fought Stain is completely false.

3. If Bakugou gets in close (Which, considering how that's his specialty, will happen one way or another), Stun Grenade is gonna give Todoroki hell. Generally speaking, Flashbang grenades impare sight for about 5-10 seconds, and cause impared vision for much longer. Hearing is affected for about 10 minutes, and dizziness can last up to an hour. If Bakugou can land even 1 Stung Grenade, he can reduce Todoroki's abilities for quite some time. For AP Shot, it's logically one fo Bakugou's most powerful moves because it involves him compressing his power into 1 powerful bast, with far more piercing power than his reguar explosions. Plus he can rapid-fire the move. So if Todoroki gets hit, it's gonna hurt a lot.
Ok

1. I'm well aware he'll get stronger but according to himself it takes him a while to get going when it's cold and Bakugo does have a limit after the beast forest he's explicitly seen clutching his hand in pain so even if it takes him a while he'll reach his limit before Todoroki

2. CQC isn't about throwing punches and kicks entirely it's whatever you can do up close and if Todoroki wants to rely on touch to win he can and still be considered good he also reacted to Stain twice and forced him back.

3. Todoroki has seen Stun Grenade in action before he'd be able to tell and cover his eyes or just close them and launch a big attack to make Bakugo back off, AP Shot as I said previously is mid range and has small aoe it really won't help much also AP Shot Autocanon is a far weaker version of the move.

Mickey1940 said:

Ok
1. I'm well aware he'll get stronger but according to himself it takes him a while to get going when it's cold and Bakugo does have a limit after the beast forest he's explicitly seen clutching his hand in pain so even if it takes him a while he'll reach his limit before Todoroki

2. CQC isn't about throwing punches and kicks entirely it's whatever you can do up close and if Todoroki wants to rely on touch to win he can and still be considered good he also reacted to Stain twice and forced him back.

3. Todoroki has seen Stun Grenade in action before he'd be able to tell and cover his eyes or just close them and launch a big attack to make Bakugo back off, AP Shot as I said previously is mid range and has small aoe it really won't help much also AP Shot Autocanon is a far weaker version of the move.
1. fair enough

2. All Todoroki can do up close is try to force people out of range with fire or block with ice. Fire isn't gonna do jack to Bakugou due to is resistances plus his higher durability, and ice can just be smashed through. Bakugou doesn't have to use his strongest or even his normal explosions to break through Todoroki's ice. When he was hit with the Giant Ice Wall, he used mutliple consecutive small explosions to counter it; against a small ice wall, only 1 of these is enough to break through the wall. Stain was able to effortlessley slash the ice walls to ribbons, and current Bakugou is far stronger than Stain.

3. That arguement can be said for Bakugou as well. He can create countermeasures against Todoroki just as easily given the amount of prep time and his prior knowledge. But overall Bakugou has more versatility with his Quirk, since he can use it outside of pure destruction

Todoroki has froze Bakugo's arm when he tried to attack him in CQC and even beat Iida when he got close to him. Fire will affect Bakugo he's never displayed the ability to resist heat over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. His own explosions aren't that hot and have only ever burnt someone once every other time he's never burnt people and hasn't even been able to make metal appear red hot. Bakugo never went up against the HPIW the attack Todoroki used on him was smaller and didn't make Todoroki start freezing, Stain slicing part of an ice wall just means Bakugo can destroy some of it his explosions generally don't get too big.

They're both aware of each other's abilities but but Bakugo is aware of the power gap but can't really do much about it.

@insert creative name here 12

1. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3468052

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3467061

In terms of freezing things, the HPIW can't actually hurt Low 7C characters; it's more of how much energy is being applied in order to freeze that much air. This is actually shown in the anime, since Todoroki for some reason used HPIW against fodder like Hanta Sero, yet Hanta survived it with no problems other than frostbite and minor pain, even though a Low 7C attack would normally splatter him into paste. Plus, massive AOE attacks also have a weakness as well: not all of the energy is being applied into 1 point. For example, a bomb can completely destroy a wall. If you make that explosion bigger to the point where it can blow up a universe, characters with baseline 3A durability can probably shrug off the attack no problem (of course, they would probably die afterward cause the universe + their source of oxygen is gone, but that's besides the point). Basically, Bakugou has a way to use all of his AP into concentrated attacks, at least more than Todoroki can.

what does this have to do with my reply?
sorry I should have elaborated

You said "They're both aware of each other's abilities but but Bakugo is aware of the power gap but can't really do much about it.", and I was countering that by saying that the AP Gap isn't as ludicrous as you think it is despite the tiering difference

Ah ok
Todoroki still has a notable AP advantage with his flames and his ice is still very powerful as well plus the GFHW is comparable to a 100% Smash from Deku
what is GFHW?

They both destroyed Cemntoss's walls and Deku was sent flying while Todoroki was untouched
that was Flashfreeze Heatwave? I thought that was just a fire blast

Back