• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baki is definitely a god tier later on.
I say in between since musashi only used him to master his hand sword style and Baki said that if he had his actual swords he would have been cut in half , and the only time Baki was beating musashi in that fight it was explained it was because he wasn't familiar with modern martial arts

Part of this I have to agree with. In the scene in question the magnitude of the earthquake was completely shake part of a city, this is literally impossible for a magnitude 5. This article says that magnitude 5 on the Shindo scale (which is comparable to 6 on the Richter scale as far as I remember) is impossible to affect a reinforced building in Japan. Magnitude 6 would really be the minimum. Although total seismic energy makes no sense here

Just a thought
I say he also negated the total seismic energy since if I'm not wrong it's stated that he negated it in its entirety, which would include total seismic energy

Here the think about this. I really don’t consider this to be an insane outlier.

The reason why the profiles are 8-A was because we couldn’t find any good feats that were concrete. Look at Yujiro pages for the reasons.

An good example of this would be early Baki doing a class K feat when top tiers are capping at 50 to 100, that’s an outlier

Now a top tier doing this feat I don’t think so lol.

Again the only reason why they got downgraded was because there wasnt enough evidence for low 7-b

If this can be calc then I consider this to be valid

Last edited:
Then we calc if we can

Can you please gather all relevant scans so calc group members can be called?
The Oliva affecting the entire earth feat has already been calced before it was changed as to what happened ( which is still stupidly wrong with what actually happened ) , it said that it was island level by using a very similar feat of sending vibrations and shockwaves all through out the earth

Bruh it’s bad like really bad lol. I don’t agree with the multiplers the op has shown. But if we can calc the Oliva feat then it’s all good
Yeah I kinda don't agree with it either , I still believe that they are valid as to how much stronger they are from each other by I don't think I shoulda used them since , I didn't know we weren't allowed , if they do change it with the consistent evidence I've shown then it should be for everyone who scales above Oliva to be island level + , likely far higher

Here the think about this. I really don’t consider this to be an insane outlier.

The reason why the profiles are 8-A was because we couldn’t find any good feats that were concrete. Look at Yujiro pages for the reasons.

An good example of this would be early Baki doing a class K feat when top tiers are capping at 50 to 100, that’s an outlier

Now a top tier doing this feat I don’t think so lol.

Again the only reason why they got downgraded was because there wasnt enough evidence for low 7-b

If this can be calc then I consider this to be valid
i agree with the baki lifting class feat being an outlier , i don't think its an outlier at all as it makes sense that something that the top tiers can do easily ( see higher up my explanation for top tiers doing island level feats ) that the strongest mid tier would need 100% power to do it , once again their are calcs that have already been done , but they have been rejected for the reason i debunked at the top , the " they were moving more then six miles an hour that would only affect a 70 mile radius but this time it affect the entire world for reasons i wont explain " claim , and i've already kinda calced the other feats since as i've stated they are on the same strength level as Olivas , so to make it simple 4.3 Gigatons at least , i don't think i will change anything but i really just wanted to state why i think they were stupid and maybe see if anyone agrees or is willing to hear me out , so far ,

Saying "The top tiers can do Island level feats because lower tiers can do them" is not the right course of logic.

Top tiers can only scale to the feats of lower tiers if they themselves have displayed the capacity to perform those feats. Absolutely no one, not Yujiro, not Baki, not Musashi, not Nomi, have shown the capacity to perform such a feat. Sure, within the context they're stronger than Oliva, but they have done no feat that is close to 6-C themselves. Yujiro's earthquake stopping feat has to be lowballed because we have absolutely no idea what level the earthquake's richter scale was at. So even that feat is nowhere close to High 7-A.

Saying "The top tiers can do Island level feats because lower tiers can do them" is not the right course of logic.

Top tiers can only scale to the feats of lower tiers if they themselves have displayed the capacity to perform those feats. Absolutely no one, not Yujiro, not Baki, not Musashi, not Nomi, have shown the capacity to perform such a feat. Sure, within the context they're stronger than Oliva, but they have done no feat that is close to 6-C themselves. Yujiro's earthquake stopping feat has to be lowballed because we have absolutely no idea what level the earthquake's richter scale was at. So even that feat is nowhere close to High 7-A.
I am starting to get tired of this , read my upper messages , you will see that Nomi has a likely scaling to magnitude seven earthquake feat ( Tokugawa , someone who has experienced 80 years of life in Japan , who would've been accustomed to magnitude six and six point five earthquakes , was acting worried , and since it was just compared to an earthquake ( as well as the next feat as my second reason ) it's safe to assume it means the total seismic energy of one as well ), yujiro has a casually stopping a magnitude seven earthquake feat ( he stopped it in its entirety which would include it's seismic energy , this is in part one when he was infinitely weaker then his later parts ) , he has also been compared to natural disasters , like earthquakes , as well as creating a controlled vibration that was similar to a magnitude six by just getting angry , the Oliva feat is just one , the god tiers have shown feats on the sam level and have done them casually , which would make sense the the highest mid tier would have to use 100% strength to do something the high tiers can do easily

If anyone else is going to reply with the same argument of " a mid tier did this and the top tiers haven't shown anything like that " , please , I don't want to explain it again , read the previous messages , I will not reply to anyone who has the same argument after I tell you this

Tokugawa , someone who has experienced 80 years of life in Japan , who would've been accustomed to magnitude six and six point five earthquakes , was acting worried , and since it was just compared to an earthquake ( as well as the next feat as my second reason ) it's safe to assume it means the total seismic energy of one as well
This is the crux of your argument. We cannot simply assume someone has experience they have never shown on screen. We apply Occam's Razor to evidence here on the site; which means the less contrived argument always takes precedence. Assuming someone has experienced magnitude 6 earthquakes with no shown or spoken evidence is more contrived than assuming otherwise, hence we go for the latter.

yujiro has a casually stopping a magnitude seven earthquake feat
We simply do not have enough evidence to support any magnitude of the earthquake. There are so many factors to take into account like where the source of the earthquake is, how far away from it was Yujiro, how long was it going on before it reached Yujiro, etc. These are all things we need to take into account and just can't because we lack the evidence from the manga itself.

Oliva feat is just one , the god tiers have shown feats on the sam level and have done them casually , which would make sense the the highest mid tier would have to use 100% strength to do something the high tiers can do easily
This is true, yes. Yujiro is leagues above Oliva. But is Oliva has shown feats far above Yujiro's best-shown feats, we do not assume Yujiro scales above those feats without reasonable cause. And as I have explained above, no one has reasonable cause to assume Yujiro is an island buster.

This is the crux of your argument. We cannot simply assume someone has experience they have never shown on screen. We apply Occam's Razor to evidence here on the site; which means the less contrived argument always takes precedence. Assuming someone has experienced magnitude 6 earthquakes with no shown or spoken evidence is more contrived than assuming otherwise, hence we go for the latter.

We simply do not have enough evidence to support any magnitude of the earthquake. There are so many factors to take into account like where the source of the earthquake is, how far away from it was Yujiro, how long was it going on before it reached Yujiro, etc. These are all things we need to take into account and just can't because we lack the evidence from the manga itself.

This is true, yes. Yujiro is leagues above Oliva. But is Oliva has shown feats far above Yujiro's best-shown feats, we do not assume Yujiro scales above those feats without reasonable cause. And as I have explained above, no one has reasonable cause to assume Yujiro is an island buster.
My boy , read the previous messages , the reason why I said Tokugawa would have been used to those earthquakes is because he lives in Japan , which produces 20% of magnitude six or higher earthquakes every single year , he would be used to them and thats a fact

We do have evidence for how big it was , once again , since Japan has 20% of these magnitude six and six point five earthquakes every year , but this one was specifically stated by the characters to be a big one , that's evidence and solid evidence at that , it seems to have started every close to yujiro since with his punch he was able to stop the entirety of the earthquake , which since he stopped it in its entirety , it would include total seismic energy

at 2 minutes they say " its big " , which since its japan big ( as in not the magnitude they are used to ) would likely be considered a magnitude 7 , what i forgot to say was that strydom ( yujiros right hand an , the guy who knows more about yujiro at that point more then anyone ) states that yujiro looks like he has stopped far more then just earthquakes before

Last edited:
My boy , read the previous messages , the reason why I said Tokugawa would have been used to those earthquakes is because he lives in Japan , which produces 20% of magnitude six or higher earthquakes every single year , he would be used to them and thats a fact

We do have evidence for how big it was , once again , since Japan has 20% of these magnitude six and six point five earthquakes every year , but this one was specifically stated by the characters to be a big one , that's evidence and solid evidence at that , it seems to have started every close to yujiro since with his punch he was able to stop the entirety of the earthquake , which since he stopped it in its entirety , it would include total seismic energy
You're using real-world statistics for a fictional verse. The problem with this argument is that unless the author points out that these statistics exist in-universe, we don't assume they do. That's why Ultimate Kars doesn't have the abilities of literally every organic creature on the planet even though he is stated to have them. We only list the abilities he has been shown to use.

You're using real-world statistics for a fictional verse. The problem with this argument is that unless the author points out that these statistics exist in-universe, we don't assume they do. That's why Ultimate Kars doesn't have the abilities of literally every organic creature on the planet even though he is stated to have them. We only list the abilities he has been shown to use.
Baki takes place on earth and is identical to ours , they even have the correct presidents of the us at the correct times , at this point you are grasping at straws , i have seen times on this same site say that we should use real world things like statistics , let me make it clear to you
if their nothing disproving that those statistics are false in baki , then their no reason to believe they are , its as easy as that

if their nothing disproving that those statistics are false in baki , then their no reason to believe they are , its as easy as that
I don't have to prove a negative. You have to prove a positive.

Show me exactly where Tokugawa stated that he has experienced magnitude 6 earthquakes before.

Also you completely dodged the point that there are simply too many factors to take into account to assume Yujiro stopped a magnitude 6 earthquake at the height of the shockwaves. It could have been a decidedly weaker earthquake given Yujiro only stopped the surface quake and not the full quake. Plus, we never see any buildings collapse or windows shatter so we have no frame of reference as to how violent the quake was.

I don't have to prove a negative. You have to prove a positive.

Show me exactly where Tokugawa stated that he has experienced magnitude 6 earthquakes before.

Also you completely dodged the point that there are simply too many factors to take into account to assume Yujiro stopped a magnitude 6 earthquake at the height of the shockwaves. It could have been a decidedly weaker earthquake given Yujiro only stopped the surface quake and not the full quake. Plus, we never see any buildings collapse or windows shatter so we have no frame of reference as to how violent the quake was.
your really hanging on to that , as i have already stated , bakis world is identical to our own , tokugawa has lived on japan most of his life , japan accounts for 20% of all magnitude six and higher earthquakes , tokugawa was worried at nomis practicing , he would be used to magnitude six and higher earthquakes , its as easy as connecting the dots
and for you're second point , its quite clear that yujiro stopped the earthquakes completely , the earthquakes went all the way to the city and further away from where yujiro and baki were , but when yujiro punched the ground the earthquake stopped , we do have evidence , a magnitude six earthquake includes very violent shaking at the epicenter , which that definitely looks like violent shaking not only in the anime , but in the manga we see that strong people like strydum and other fighters that are present at the father son fight are falling on the ground , had the earthquake gone on it definitely would have done damage ( it only lasted four panels in the manga and a few seconds in the anime , not enough time to actually do damage ) , so it is definitely a six based on that , and thanks to it being called a big one by people who would have been used to these magnitude six and six point five earthquakes , its safe to assume that it is a seven , and since yujiro stopped it completely ( there was no more shaking or damage after the earthquake so he utterly neutralised the vibrations no matter how far they went ) he would scale to the radiated waves and very likely the seismic energy
i don't want to have to explain it again

You don't have to explain again. I understand what you're saying. It's just not how we run the site.

You need concrete proof like written text that tells us literally what's happening. We do not assume people have knowledge they would otherwise have in real life because that's not how fiction works.

There's no point in arguing anymore I believe. I've made my point and I'm not changing my mind.

I disagree with the proposals.

You don't have to explain again. I understand what you're saying. It's just not how we run the site.

You need concrete proof like written text that tells us literally what's happening. We do not assume people have knowledge they would otherwise have in real life because that's not how fiction works.

There's no point in arguing anymore I believe. I've made my point and I'm not changing my mind.

I disagree with the proposals.
fine by me , i also don't want to argue anymore , i wont change my mind either , good day

By the way, Yujiro doesn't scale to stopping the earthquake currently. He upscales from Baki's earthquake feat. The one where the mantis threw him.

it is directly stated that if Oliva was to fight then he would activate the satellites to mess up other devices in a , and i cannot state this enough , 70 mile area
You misunderstood the quote. The military satellites thst track Oliva are connected to the world's GPS systems. By moving faster than 6 MPH everything connected to those satellites are thrown off by 70 meters or something to that effect.

It doesn't have a 70 mile radius. It causes everything connected to those satellites to be thrown off by 70 miles. Though I want to say it was 70 meters.

You misunderstood the quote. The military satellites thst track Oliva are connected to the world's GPS systems. By moving faster than 6 MPH everything connected to those satellites are thrown off by 70 meters or something to that effect.

It doesn't have a 70 mile radius. It causes everything connected to those satellites to be thrown off by 70 miles. Though I want to say it was 70 meters.
My god , the man who is the reason for the Baki downgrades , I will admit after rereading it I can see were you are coming from and I will admit , I was wrong on that part , but I still agree with me saying that it was because of Oliva and not the satellites , if we see what you sent then we see that it states that this happens when they also fight , which the Che Guevara Vs Oliva fight had been going on for a while by the time Oliva slammed che into the ground with 100% power , so they would have already been activated , but when Oliva does slam che into the ground , it stated that it was because of him and not satellites that affected everything , it was stated that it was because of his strength and not his speed , so it was a strength feat , which means the walking more then 6 mike's thing isn't related to that feat , which the only other explanation you can come to is that Oliva is so strong that he sent shockwaves thought out the entire earth and affected the GPS , it was an honour talking to the man who managed downgraded Baki , may I ask what you think of my evidence for the yujiro and Nomi feats ( the stuff I used to prove that god tiers also have these likely island level feats )

it stated that it was because of him and not satellites that affected everything
It was because of him that the GPS systems got thrown out, but it was because of a satellite chain reaction and had absolutely nothing to due with his power.

earth and affected the GPS
That's not how GPS works at all. To quote NASA
GPS is a system of 30+ navigation satellites circling Earth. We know where they are because they constantly send out signals. A GPS receiver in your phone listens for these signals. Once the receiver calculates its distance from four or more GPS satellites, it can figure out where you are.
Causing Earthquakes would have absolutely no effect on a GPS. So it has nothing to do with him. The best the scene shows us is that Olivia can move over 6 MPH. Which we probably could guess anyways.

It was because of him that the GPS systems got thrown out, but it was because of a satellite chain reaction and had absolutely nothing to due with his power.

That's not how GPS works at all. To quote NASA

Causing Earthquakes would have absolutely no effect on a GPS. So it has nothing to do with him. The best the scene shows us is that Olivia can move over 6 MPH. Which we probably could guess anyways.
Thanks for the reply , I'll remember that

You see that person above me , they are good debater , they used actual evidence and managed to change my mind , be like them

i think ill make another better content revision with the evidence and knowledge I have now , if anyone could lock this thread that would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back