• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Scaling Revision Thread

Actually, the main issue of the thread has been more or less resolved. I will save all other gripes for another thread. If nobody wants to say anything else, I will close the thread.

I still have no idea what the value for the 7-C tier is. If it is baseline, the current downscaled characters should be adjusted to Low 7-C+. Those with Demon Back would have the stat amp listed as higher.
7-C comes from the 15 KT feat of Yujiro stopping the Earthquake. Oliva is implied to scale to this by Baki and Yujiro several times throughout late NGB and SoO, Demon Back Baki pre Yujiro fight scaled due to beating Oliva in raw strength, Yujiro scales massively above this because despite Oliva being implied to scale to that level of strength, Yujiro practically oneshots him later, implying that the EQ stoppage was an extremely casual base form feat

Edit: so Oliva, that key of Baki, and the original feat for Yujiro are all 3x baseline, 15 KT

Last edited:
Yeah without a direct statement, we can't use a multiplier to get tiers unless the chain is long enough to justify it. A lot of these characters may have to just become "Low 7-C, possibly/likely higher".

Yeah without a direct statement, we can't use a multiplier to get tiers unless the chain is long enough to justify it. A lot of these characters may have to just become "Low 7-C, possibly/likely higher".
Low 7-C is 1KT to 5.8KT, the majority of 7-Cs in Son of Ogre/Dou scale to or above a 15 KT feat, which is just 7-C. Demon Back would just make them 7-C, higher with Demon Back

Demonback doesn't have a direct multiplier. More importantly the one who preformed the Tier 7 feat is the strongest person in the series. Scaling up anyone is honestly rather difficult due to a lack of a number.

Demonback doesn't have a direct multiplier. More importantly the one who preformed the Tier 7 feat is the strongest person in the series. Scaling up anyone is honestly rather difficult due to a lack of a number.
Oh, right, yeah, I’m not saying Demon Back makes anyone 7-C that doesn’t have a feat or backscale. The 7-C feat is a casual base Yujiro feat, and the only people that scale to it directly iirc are End of SoO Baki via hurting and taking hits from Base Yujiro while in Base form (no Demon Back involved), Oliva via statements from Baki and Yujiro (Oliva doesn’t have Demon Back), Musashi via hurting Yujiro (Musashi doesn’t have Demon Back), and Pickle via physically overpowering Yujiro and stomping Baki in terms of physical strength (Pickle doesn’t have Demon Back either). With 0 involvement of Demon Back, these guys would scale to (or in the case of Picke, above) 15 KT, 7-C. For Baki in the Ratai and the beginning of SoO, he would be Low 7-C, higher with Demon Back instead of 7-C with Demon Back

If we want to remove the multiplier for demon back and just give a higher rating for partial demon back and far higher for complete demon back I think that’s good.

Does partial Demon Back even exist outside the anime? I read that scene in the manga and it didn't say anything about Demon Back, just the "Hanma Blood" which is vague.

It doesn’t have an official name but Baki clealry gets a massive power up to defeat Retsu. Awakening the Hanma Blood is what demon back is, Baki just didn’t go all the way.

Back