• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KGiffoni said:
Wouldn't that make this a stomp tho
It lasts for 1 second. Basically 1 slash.

Also this form is also time limited (60 seconds).

And yeah that's what i said first post. Ikki vs Yujiro should be a lot more fun.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok so about disarming ikki. I won't say Ikki's a better hand to hand fighter than Baki or Yujiro, but it's not gonna happen. Ikki doesn't need a sword. He uses sheets of paper to cut metal pipes, rocks to nullify attacks (not power null, nullify as in make them not work), tubes of lipstick to disarm, erasers etc. Ikki's proficient with just about anything. So even assuming Baki will be capable of disarming him (wich ain't really gonna happen with the massive skill difference) it's not like it'll be the end of the fight, anything is a weapon for ikki.
Phantom Form. Excuse me, how good is Baki's pain resistance exactly? Because Phantom Form renders unconscious people who don't flinch to pain manip which puts trained guards unconscious instantly.

As for Rasetsu. Something you're forgetting @Schnee is....senses and perfect vison. Ikki knows when or what to do to win. His senses will tell him a bunch of stuff. It push comes to shove he'll use Rasetsu to end the fight. It's not like there's much of a win condition for Baki.
I'm here again to address some of the points made, I'll catch up to where we are currently eventually

Yeah that's about what I thought... Disarming Ikki, as great for Baki as it would be, in all likelihood isn't happening due to skill difference

As for his pain resistance, a Benda strike can can kill a normal person in 1 hit from a master. Yanagi is considered to be one of the best Void style users in the world, so he should be able to beat other masters with his Benda. NGB tanks 5 or 6 of his Bendas with slight surprise, but no visible discomfort, and proceeds to almost kill him within ~3 Bendas. Later in the series, Baki tanks Yujiro's "Whip of Mercury", the strongest Benda used in the series, and a much stronger Baki almost dies from the pain of that 1 hit, but he pushes through the pain and proceeds engage his toughest opponent in one of his longest fights until he collapses due to muscle fatigue

I'd just like to mention that, while I don't doubt his ability to know exactly what to do in order to win, I'm a little more hesitant to accept that he can do it with no problem as of right now

The time limit. What more weaknesses do you need? xD

Actually there are some weaknesses. He turns off all his senses:

Vision, taste, hearing, touch, smell―right now, he didn't need any of them. In this instant, he didn't even need to breathe. Abandoning all of those things, he concentrated the strength left over.

Though he can still adapt to whatever happens in that small timeframe....somehow either that or the author forgets that he shuts down all 5 of his basic senses in Ittou Rasetsu

00potato said:
Does this Baku have .5 second unconscious. How would we handle that?
Yes, it works on people of comparable speed or under speed equalized. It is the ability to attack while someone is reacting to something

00potato said:
Ikki's state of unconsciousness is about 0.13 -> 0.1 sec.

Stella and Ayase became speechless at that fact. Well, it was obvious to be surprised. The reaction time for Ikki and Stella was about 0.13 seconds.(volume 2)

So it wouldn't work.

Firephoenixearl said:
00potato said:
Ikki's state of unconsciousness is about 0.13 -> 0.1 sec.
Stella and Ayase became speechless at that fact. Well, it was obvious to be surprised. The reaction time for Ikki and Stella was about 0.13 seconds.(volume 2)

So it wouldn't work.
To clarify, it's not actually 0.5 seconds. I know I added the CRT to Yujiro's page, but I may have forgotten to add it to Baki's. My bad

KGiffoni said:
It would because speed is equalized. That includes reaction speed.
Actually reaction speed =/= combat/movement speed.

Reaction speed in rakudai cannot go over 0.1 second unless your name is Kuraudo Kurashiki. Even though Ikki's speed >>>>> Stella. Their reaction speed was stated to be the same, both sitting at 0.13 seconds.

Ikki can tap into his unconsciousness, has precog.

And even if you aren't convinced with these he fought a dude who could make 4 actions before ikki could make one.

Firephoenixearl said:
Which is one of the most badass things to see how hard ikki has to train, whereas Stella's talent does that casually. It does a good job to show the difference between hard work and talent.
Mate your saying he denies the laws momentum and friction via skill, thats something I have a problem with. You see badass, I see stupidity in motion. At least most series with nonsense techniques like this just chalk it up to magic/mysticism/ki. The claim this is somehow feasible via pure skill is such complete nonsense it hurts my very soul.

What were they

I recall you were going to put Cole against Shizuku for whatever reason

With the time limit implementation, I'm not entirely convinced Ikki beats Baki here. Baki is outclasses in skill, but he still has a leg in that race, and despite the skill difference, Baki only needs to hold out for 61 seconds.

RatherClueless said:
1. Baki doesn't know that.
2. Did rasetsu get banned after all?
Actually, Info Analysis would likely give him that information easily, as the time limit is just Ikki running out of stamina

BakiHanma18 said:
Actually, Info Analysis would likely give him that information easily, as the time limit is just Ikki running out of stamina
1. Rasetsu is a thing.

2. It's not just running out of stamina, it's also running out of magic.

Firephoenixearl said:
BakiHanma18 said:
1. Rasetsu is a thing.
2. It's not just running out of stamina, it's also running out of magic.
Baki wouldn't be able to detect anything magical with his IA, just the stamina

I mean he doesn't need to know he has to survive 61 seconds to survive 61 seconds

I just think it's unlikely, so Ikki FRA

For physical strikes, Endorphins will allow Baki to be able to take a shit ton of hits, so that's a very good move for stalling right there. He doesn't have to actually land a hit, the big problem comes in with that last second. I'll try to at least find a win condition for that last second, and then we can talk about whether or not it's likely to work

Let's be honest, people in Grappler Baki almost never die from bloodloss

Hanayama LITERALLY had a massive pool of blood on his feet from Musashi's slashes and he still wanted to fight

Firephoenixearl said:
Ikki pretty much 1 shots though. Endorphins or not, doesn't stop a hit that will make you lose consciousness from bloodloss.
Whoa Ikki oneshots? What's the AP difference?

Are you implying that doesn't actually happen in rakudai? Don't include PIS in this. There's a difference between the author trying to make something cool and actually not minding to lose like 4 litres of blood.

A girl with Regenerationn got KO-d by bloodloss in rakudai because Ikki hit her with a reflected attack.

Ikki here has the same AP, somewhat dura neg cus sword and slashing effects. 1 hit is WAY more than enough.

Baki knows some dura negating techniques but most of them don't work here (Benda, Cord Cut, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back