• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pen or the sword said:
Cuts pipes with papers? nullify attacks with rocks? Is this done via skill?
The paper thing gets quite a bit of explanation but i guess i can just cut it down to this:

"This training is to let my body make precise movements for the sake of not causing any loss or deviation. If I am able to use Edelweiss's sword technique, using paper to cut metal will be a piece of cake. Just......that alone is not enough. No matter how accurately I move my body, if I don't read the changes in the external factors and correspond to them, a loss will still happen as a result. That's why......"

As he cut off his explanation, Ikki picked up a piece of copier paper from the bundle next to his feet, pinched it between his fingers and threw it like a shuriken.

The thrown copier paper flew through the air horizontally, dug into the metal pipe that stood on the ground for a few centimeters, before bending from its softness.

"In the end, if the objects that left my hand can avoid any energy loss, able to cut it into two......sound should be erased from my sword."

As for the nullfication of attacks. As i said, it's not power null. A girl has to use her saccabard to unleash her most powerful technique, ikki acted as if he stumbled on something to kick a rock into her saccabard, the moment she was gonna sheathe her blade, basically making her unable to release her technique. The idea is not "nullification" but more "he has stupid good awareness and can use the most random things to deal with an opponent's attacks".

Yes because he's ignoring every kind of friction basically, it's basically just sharpness with skill. He also cut wood with paper, but this is more impressive.

Stella also does the same.

Stopping halfway, Stella grabbed a few pieces of copier paper next to Ikki and crushed them into a ball with her hands. And thenÔöÇÔöÇ

"I have become even stronger than that."

As she said it to him ÔöÇÔöÇ magic power boiled from her entire body.

Incandescent and hot wind blew out.

Amongst that sweltering heat storm, Ikki saw Stella's back.

ÔöÇÔöÇThe phantom of a huge dragon.

(This...is......!)

Immediately after,Stella threw the balled up paper towards the standing metal pipe.

The instant the paper ball hit, the metal pipe was split into two as if being torn apart, and the paper ball dug into the concrete wall of the park behind it without losing momentum.

Even Ikki was speechless.

"............That was unexpected."

An object with the mass of a paper ball.

Just how much strength would be needed to throw it to cause that phenomenon.

Ikki could not begin to imagine.

Towards that surprised Ikki, Stella...

"......My match is first tomorrow. I will be waiting for you at the final round first, Ikki."

After she glanced at him with her crimson pupils burning with fighting spirit, she left the park.

Her back showed definite confidence.

From the special training by Nene Saikyou, Stella had obtained great power without a doubt.

Which is one of the most badass things to see how hard ikki has to train, whereas Stella's talent does that casually. It does a good job to show the difference between hard work and talent.

Firephoenixearl said:
Kind of rude not bothering to give me a chance to argue
Bruh

You were here at the start of the thread

What excuse do you have lol

The point is "a chance to argue against those points".

You brought up points, but didn't give me a chance to refute or give counter arguments. That was my point.

My first post was just me ranting at you for somehow managing to **** up Ikki vs Yujiro

How do I give you a chance? Can I magically control other people voting?

No, of course not

Firephoenixearl said:
You brought up points, but didn't give me a chance to refute or give counter arguments. That was my point.
If someone is talking directly to you, they are probably referring to you.

You is the same in both singular and plural.

Singular: I, You, He

Plural: We, You, They

Saying it becomes plural cus of "guys", implies you can say "I people" and have it be gramatically correct.

You can't give non plural pronouns, plural nouns and have it make sense.

Musashi can cut people with his hands, Gaia can cut people with leafs. Baki has experience with both.

Baki's pain resistance is extreme. People in his verse can get their arms cut off, nerves severed, eyeballs popped, be cut in half, and continue to fight like nothing happened. It took Yujiro to literally make Orochi's heart stop to defeat him because otherwise, no matter how stronger Yujiro was and how clearer Yujiro's win was, Orochi simply couldn't stop even after suffering (yes, they say this in the manga) 8 bone fractures, 4 incomplete bone fractures, 8 lacerations, 26 bruises, brain hemmorhage, severe damage in both eardrums, and get one of his eyes popped. And Baki should be superior to Orochi when it comes to pain resistance thanks to endorphins, that make pain that would be the limit for you simply... "a good feeling". Yeah.

As for Ikki's perfect vision, can it predict instinctive reactions? And even then, Baki also has his own AP that worked on very good martial artists

Baki can also exploit Ikki's senses via his own sense manip and illusion creation.

Yes, neither of those are as skilled as ikki doe.

None of what Orochi did was all that impressive. Ikki has suffered worse. Here is something from Volume 0 (Ikki vs Oreki):

"EEEEEKKK!"
In the next instant, screams filled the air of the practice arena. Dozens of selection candidates and multiple guards watching over the place drove the air from their lungs until they finally fell like decaying trees to the ground, foaming at the mouth. What just happened?
The cause was a blood-red cutlass that had appeared in Yuuri Oreki's left hand.
"Violet Pain". A Noble Art that spreads the pain of my sick body, the friction of my rotting bones, the ache of my festering innards across everyone within a certain distance. The effect is as you can see."
No one could keep their sanity at being inflicted with all the diseases violently ravaging Oreki's body. Even the adults were screaming like young girls, and falling unconscious from the pain like a circuit breaker had been flipped.
"And yet… you're not having any trouble enduring, are you?"
Ikki alone, without rolling on the ground… no, without the slightest movement, continued to stand there in the arena without moving his gaze from Oreki.
"As the one who asked for a duel, I won't back down from pain."
He had certainly heard Oreki's description. Just breathing made his lungs seem to split. But… Ikki smiled slightly.
"…You're not the only one can bear it.

Then there is also this:

These are still not enough to not faint from a blow from phantom form.

Yes it can. As it predicts the identity, not the mind.

Exploit Ikki's senses? You will need VERY good proof on that. Ikki's senses are stupid to say the least.

EmperorRorepme said:
I feel like the coma and stamina still makes sense but because the current characters have too much willpower it doesn't work. It's still on a bunch of profiles so of it has been retconned then maybe make a CRT?
This concerns the match so do this immediately

Stamina would get contradicted by people resisting it with willpower. No matter how much willpower you have, stamina drain would work. Whereas "wrong impression" doesn't answer stamina drain.

As for pain manip. It does kind of answer both.

Pain manip can be considered "wrong impression" because there's no slice, but you feel the pain.

Pain resistance is also considered part of stamina sometimes.

And a lot of pain would render certian body parts unable to move, or cause ppl to faint if it's too much.

Tfw Musashi has Phantom Form

While i must agree Ikki dwarfs Gaia in skill and that Musashi also isn't on Ikki's level, Musashi is a great experience to have. He's probably the closest to Ikki on the verse. God, he even has Ikki's Precognition and Phantom Form.

I mean, i'm pretty sure only the pain of having one of your eyeballs popped would make any adult scream like a little girl, let alone the pain Orochi has endured. Even then, Baki is also able to feel no pain from Benda, a technique that produces so much pain the body refuses to endure it and dies on the spot.

Phantom Form is not even skill and im pretty sure Musashi's precog isn't as good as Ikki's.

As for Benda wasn't it in several strikes? Considering not only Baki but even Yanagi tanked a bunch of those.

Musashi has Phantom Form, but via skill and without a real sword. Musashi's precog comes via telepathy, he knows every move you're about to do.

No, only one strike. It's just that both have extreme pain resistance, but Yanagi clearly gets fazed by it, only Baki is 100% unaffected.

If a device breaks a person is supposed to fall unconscious. Ikki resists because of willpower. Ikki transcends fate because of will power. Resisting the stamina drain via willpower isn't far fetched. As far as I know anyway idk if it's been retconned but it's stated to take out stamina and lethal blows basically induce a special comatose state in the first novel. Idk if this is caused by the pain manip.

KGiffoni said:
Musashi has Phantom Form, but via skill and without a real sword. Musashi's precog comes via telepathy, he knows every move you're about to do.
No, only one strike. It's just that both have extreme pain resistance, but Yanagi clearly gets fazed by it, only Baki is 100% unaffected.
Phantom form, is a magical sword, not actually illusion. Musashi's swords are just mind tricks. And his precog isn't even remotely close to Ikki's who understands identity. Telepathy can be fooled.

Yes but Yanagi just gets hit over and over and just gets pain, not insta death.

@Emp

It was retconned xD.

Yeah, just saying. I know Ikki's is better.

Thanks to his extreme pain resistance. This technique only causes instant death via pain in average joes, not on people who get bisected for breakfast.

Firephoenixearl said:
Then why is he above people who don't flinch from rotten bones, having blown a hole through every limb and organ etc.
MFW actual people have done this

Firephoenixearl said:
Then why is he above people who don't flinch from rotten bones, having blown a hole through every limb and organ etc.
By being above people who have pain resistance on that level.

I could argue more but it's not worth it, as it'd turn the fight into a borderline stomp.

Anything preventing ikki from rasetsu-ing?

200x stat amp.

Basically a game over.

FTFY. But that's for base, so yeah, 20x amp if he starts in Ittou Shura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back