• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yup Reid is built different, he saw a black hole and said that's just air and cut it like it's garbage.

Got lightspeed attacks spammed at him, and was like my sword can cut even light punk.

His general ability is "i can cut whatever i want with skill", ranging from space to concepts, and seemingly including the nonsense that is Regulus who can't be interacted with since he is cut off from time.

Last edited:
Yup Reid is built different, he saw a black hole and said that's just air and cut it like it's garbage.

Got lightspeed attacks spammed at him, and was like my sword can cut even light punk.

His general ability is "i can cut whatever i want with skill", ranging from space to concepts, and seemingly including the nonsense that is Regulus who can't be interacted with since he is cut off from time.

Can Reid be resurrected or does he have some form of immortality?

I feel like Reid’s skill level hasn't been fully explained here. Ram and Wilhelm are very skilled but they're both waaaaaaay below Reid’s level. Despite this they're still able to do insane shit like dodge a supersonic character while depowered to the level of a normal human and use a suit jacket as a weapon as effectively as a sword through just skill alone.

Elsa and Garfiel are able to do things like be able to perfectly counter any attack that has been used before, slow down their perception of time, and fight battles where any delay in thought and action means you get hit. Despite this Garfiel was still frightened by a small fraction of Wilhelm's skill.

That's old Wilhelm who is less skilled and even at his absolute peak he had just taken a single step on the path to the heavenly sword for a short moment.

Maybe I'm missing something. What exactly does Asta have to compare?

I feel like Reid’s skill level hasn't been fully explained here. Ram and Wilhelm are very skilled but they're both waaaaaaay below Reid’s level. Despite this they're still able to do insane shit like dodge a supersonic character while depowered to the level of a normal human and use a suit jacket as a weapon as effectively as a sword through just skill alone.

Elsa and Garfiel are able to do things like be able to perfectly counter any attack that has been used before, slow down their perception of time, and fight battles where any delay in thought and action means you get hit. Despite this Garfiel was still frightened by a small fraction of Wilhelm's skill.

That's old Wilhelm who is less skilled and even at his absolute peak he had just taken a single step on the path to the heavenly sword for a short moment.

Honestly reading through his profile he could be Garfiel level to Wilhelm level

Okay so Reid has a **** ton of ways to kill Asta while Asta has maybe one way.

What is Reid's starting moves.

We do tend to get hang on Reid cutting stuff cause it's ridiculous but yea, you haven't even touched on the accelerated development, where Old Wilhelm gets stronger in response to a stronger opponent, more accurate. Young Wilhelm gets faster in combat, and even faster when on the verge of death than when he was in full health.

Then there is Peak Wilhelm where with every attack, the angle and intensity gets more precise, so that he can break through his opponents defenses which he couldn't before.

Then there is also info analysis to see the opponents weakest point, and layered precog, since Grimm could predict Carol's attacks.

All that stuff is below Reid.

We do tend to get hang on Reid cutting stuff cause it's ridiculous but yea, you haven't even touched on the accelerated development, where Old Wilhelm gets stronger in response to a stronger opponent, more accurate. Young Wilhelm gets faster in combat, and even faster when on the verge of death than when he was in full health.

Then there is Peak Wilhelm where with every attack, the angle and intensity gets more precise, so that he can break through his opponents defenses which he couldn't before.

Then there is also info analysis to see the opponents weakest point, and layered precog, since Grimm could predict Carol's attacks.

All that stuff is below Reid.

Asta does have a skill chain against precog users who outskill other precog users etc. Asta can resist precog too, but that depends on the type of precog Reid possesses. This may not matter tho

What are Reid's starting moves?

Ngl, this all looks pretty normal to me. Like "He get stronger during combat, he gets more precise as he battle" that's just seem like normal Accelearated Develompment.
Then there is also info analysis to see the opponents weakest point
Okay that's actually
and layered precog, since Grimm could predict Carol's attacks.
That's actually seems pretty cool trought.

Okay so Reid has a **** ton of ways to kill Asta while Asta has maybe one way.

What is Reid's starting moves.
What you means "tons of ways" he can only kill Asta by cutting him with his sword, what other way he have to kill him?

And he starting move is attacking with his sword, or letting people weaker than him get a free move.

Ngl I never knew you could gain abilities from other people's skills just by being far more skilled than them in general.

Ngl I never knew you could gain abilities from other people's skills just by being far more skilled than them in general.
Re Zero basically has Sword Saints as being the be all end all that no level of training or talent can reach, as long as it's connected to battle they know all the flaws of everyone's fighting style. So even though Theresia doesn't use a axe for example, an axe wielder could never reach her skill.

Once you hit certain levels the same sort of skill feats happen over and over.

If it was just like i am more skilled than this guy, maybe it wouldn't be as legit, but you get stuff like Garfiel slowing down his perception, then Wilhelm also showcases it. Elsa countering danmaku with skill, and then Wilhelm doing the same thing to invisible attacks.

It's repeatedly in your face about it. Elsa blocks an attack she can't see coming, Theresia does it, Garfiel does it, it goes on and on.

Re Zero basically has Sword Saints as being the be all end all that no level of training or talent can reach, as long as it's connected to battle they know all the flaws of everyone's fighting.

Once you hit certain levels the same sort of skill feats happen over and over.

If it was just like i am more skilled than this guy, maybe it wouldn't be as legit, but you get stuff like Garfiel slowing down his perception, then Wilhelm also showcases it. Elsa countering danmaku with skill, and then Wilhelm doing the same thing to invisible attacks.

It's repeadtly in your face about it. Elsa blocks an attack she can't see coming, Theresia does it, Garfiel does it, it goes on and on.

Fair enough.

So bassicaly, they both gonna fight using the swordmanship,? Besides the AP and statics amplification, what else Asta can do?

So bassicaly, they both gonna fight using the swordmanship,? Besides the AP and statics amplification, what else Asta can do?

Practically all of his abilities either nullify magic or defensive warrior based skills and abilities.

Reid doesn't use magic right? its just gonna be AP and Stat amp alone for Asta.

So I guess Ill go ahead and vote Asta via Zetten.

While Reid can kill Asta in a single cut, Asta cuts him first.

Zetten amps his attack speed and power by 20x. And he has a massive range of up to spanning thousands of kilometers and hundreds of meters high with Zetten. Does anything Reid have that is able to avoid getting hit by this? If not then i guess Asta wins.

Alternatively, Asta can go Partial Devil Union mode and blitz since that form is also a massive amp in speed and power.

Saying that Reid has to hit him is not exactly accurate since Reinhard and Reid essentially create mana lasers that destroy space when they "cut" stuff.

So I guess Ill go ahead and vote Asta via Zetten.

While Reid can kill Asta in a single cut, Asta cuts him first.

Zetten amps his attack speed and power by 20x. And he has a massive range of up to spanning thousands of kilometers and hundreds of meters high with Zetten. Does anything Reid have that is able to avoid getting hit by this? If not then i guess Asta wins.

Alternatively, Asta can go Partial Devil Union mode and blitz since that form is also a massive amp in speed and power.
Then doesnt zetten make this a stomp?

Reid's first move is definitely to swing his sword excitedly since Asta is so strong.

He does have skill based precog that works such that if someone is less skilled then he can see all future attacks as white lines in the air, and he will be able to see their weaknesses and path to victory that will lead to his sword killing his enemy, but if his opponent is more skilled than him the lines of attack become blurry/broken.

Reid can also easily see Asta from the 4km away and cut him from that distance, while Asta would need to transform into Devil Union order to gain a range of kilometres.

Back