• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avatar revisions - Iroh, Ozai, and Azula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

AP Upgrades​

Iroh blowing a hole in the outer wall of Ba Sing Se was calced at 8-B+, which would upgrade his Sozin's Comet key. This would likely scale to Comet-amped Ozai, as Iroh was uncertain he could defeat him.

Azula Profile Revision​

^An update to Azula's profile, most notably an expansion of her P&A section, adding references, and a Post-Series key.

Also I changed her Striking Strength to Unknown across the board, as all her Tier 8 feats were done with Pyrokinesis and her profile doesn't list any reasoning for her physical strength to scale to her fire.

Last edited:
Also I changed her Striking Strength to Unknown across the board, as all her Tier 8 feats were done with Pyrokinesis and her profile doesn't list any reasoning for her physical strength to scale to her fire.
People in Avatar literally tank bendings all the time (Hell, the pro bending game is literally based on knocking people with bending), so they'd be Tier 8 in Durability

There are many, many examples of benders and non-benders tanking bending attacks all the time, such as Agni Kai, that Earthbending tournament, the game Aang played with Sokka on the southern air temple, Zuko being directly blasted by Aang's airbending into a wall and many more examples

Zuko also survived an explosion while he was off guard and didn't had time to react

People in Avatar literally tank bendings all the time (Hell, the pro bending game is literally based on knocking people with bending), so they'd be Tier 8 in Durability

There are many, many examples of benders and non-benders tanking bending attacks all the time, such as Agni Kai, that Earthbending tournament, the game Aang played with Sokka on the southern air temple, Zuko being directly blasted by Aang's airbending into a wall and many more examples

Zuko also survived an explosion while he was off guard and didn't had time to react
Durability tends to be heavily case by case; I am aware Kai survived a point blank Combusion bending from P'Li and Aang has survived brutal beatings from Ozai before going Avatar state and turning tables. So I think durability could be variable and which it depends on Chi being focused usually.

Yeah I'm not changing any of the durability ratings, High 8-C/8-B dura is fine

Durability tends to be heavily case by case; I am aware Kai survived a point blank Combusion bending from P'Li and Aang has survived brutal beatings from Ozai before going Avatar state and turning tables. So I think durability could be variable and which it depends on Chi being focused usually.
Kai scaling to P'Li is probably an outlier given how powerful combustion being is

But that doesn't change the fact that even non-benders can survive attacks from benders, and the non-benders can't ultilize Chi (nor it was ever said chi was the reason they tanked it. This isn't DB where it's directly based on this energy system they use)

Kai scaling to P'Li is probably an outlier given how powerful combustion being is

But that doesn't change the fact that even non-benders can survive attacks from benders, and the non-benders can't ultilize Chi (nor it was ever said chi was the reason they tanked it. This isn't DB where it's directly based on this energy system they use)
Well yes, though otherwise "Durability drops when distracted" is still the common trope. Though as Mav said no plans to downgrade durability, just striking strength.

I agree. I plan to upgrade Aang's durability sometime later since 9-B/9-A is downplay.
Also, you might as well upgrade Book 1 aang's airbending to straight up 8-C, since it doesn't make sense for his airbending to be weaker than his waterbending when they aren't really that different

Also, you might as well upgrade Book 1 aang's airbending to straight up 8-C, since it doesn't make sense for his airbending to be weaker than his waterbending when they aren't really that different
Agreed. Zhao and Zuko are both 8-C yet Aang kept up with both even with just airbending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back