• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

attack tiers start

just this talk with this guy made we wonder regarding profiles attack tiers and stuff.

suppose a character is low 7-B and the other character is low 7-B too but his Durability is lower and the reason he's low 7-B is because of an attack he has.

can i say both low 7-B (do we assume the other character starts off with his low 7-B attack?)

also if they are allowed to start off with the attack that's stronger than their Durability then i have this question too?

vitiate's AP/Tier can be 3-C which is stronger than his durability but i believe the attack takes take time to start/prepare.

kinda like ultron

where ultron says Multi-Solar System level with Preparation Time (Shifted / Removed the entire Kree Sector of the Galaxy)

so what happens if i say they use their strongest attack then? (do we assume the characters had preparation time before or if i say they start out with those AP'S they need the same amount of time to prepare)?

because vititate and ultron their strongest AP's (which are stronger than their durability) require prep time.

so if i stated that in a battle with vitiates opponent. (Both 3-C) do we assume vitiate had prep before hand since he's starting out with his strongest attack that takes time to prepare in order to use it?

or no and if he starts out with it. he needs the same amount of time as it to prepare it. by then he would have already been killed?

(asking this regarding using opponents with stronger than normal AP's/higher than their durability. but those AP's require prep)

it's also similar to the Main/previous question cause godly charmander said (regarding naruto and meruem. while those attacks do not require prep)

he said (you can use the link but if your lazy here's what he said)

"Huh? So Naruto has a Rasengan ready, and Meruem is using Ko in a random part of his body?

No, you can't do that. Use their High 7-C keys, they go up to Low 7-B during battle." (so is there anything wrong with using their strongest attacks immediately?)

They’ll do whatever they’d do in character.
Since you can’t restrict a character’s main stats, they’d still have access to all their normal stuff, even if using it would be bad for them.
If you want them to start with something stronger, you could give them prior knowledge of their opponent’s durability.
If an attack has charge time, they only start with it charged if the OP gives them enough prep time to pull it off.

They’ll do whatever they’d do in character.
Since you can’t restrict a character’s main stats, they’d still have access to all their normal stuff, even if using it would be bad for them.
If you want them to start with something stronger, you could give them prior knowledge of their opponent’s durability.
If an attack has charge time, they only start with it charged if the OP gives them enough prep time to pull it off.

if someone's high 8-C but has a 8-B attack and their opponent is the same

can i say both 8-B? (they start with their 8-B Attack)

also the ultron example was 4-A with prep time. (if he was against someone naturally 4-A) and i saw both 4-A (do we assume ultron has already prepared or no?)

same with vitiate. (star wars dude i mentioned)

he has a 3-C attack but it takes an immense amount of time and prep to do it.

If i say 3-C for both him and his opponent (but his opponent is naturally 3-C or his opponents 3-C attack (which is higher than his Durability) is faster/instant) do we assume vitiate has already prepared for his 3-C attack.

or if i say both 3-C then he has to charge it/prepare while the attack has started.

what is it then? both 3-C does that either mean he needs to charge/prepare it or is it already on the go?

also why did godly charmander say this (Did you already read the link to the match)

"huh? So Naruto has a Rasengan ready, and Meruem is using Ko in a random part of his body?

No, you can't do that. Use their High 7-C keys, they go up to Low 7-B during battle."

what am i not allowed to use attacks higher than their Durability (if they aren't instant)

or am i not allowed to use attacks higher than their AP in general

or was it because of the circumstances of this match like sure he has low 7-B attack but in this case if he uses that attack he gains low 7-B durability as well and the same can't be said for the other opponent.

What is it regarding using attacks higher than the other's durability. is it allowed or no?

also

i just want to know what's fine and what's not fine.

was godlycharmander when he said about low 7-B tiers not use. (was it for this case only? In other cases it's fine)

It's upto the person making the match.

Their is no rule regarding this (at least that's what I think) so what I am telling you is more of an opinion.

If an attack is tiers above an characters normal ap and durability then the op can restrict it. If not restricted then the character will do whatever they do in character.

If ap in general is higher than durability such as in case of Aliester Crowley. Then finding proper matches becomes a bit hard usually these matches are either about hax or who one shots other first. In this case scenario you can't restrict anything. The best you can do is find an proper opponent

In case if a character has an higher tier attack with prep time then it should be specified by the op that the certain character has prep time and can use the said attack.

also in these cases you will use a characters normal tiers not whatever they have with an certain attack on technique (unless that technique is more akin to a transformation like kaioken) or preparation. Then state wheather you are restricting the higher tier technique or not.

Last edited:
It's upto the person making the match.

Their is no rule regarding this (at least that's what I think) so what I am telling you is more of an opinion.

If an attack is tiers above an characters normal ap and durability then the op can restrict it. If not restricted then the character will do whatever they do in character.

If ap in general is higher than durability such as in case of Aliester Crowley. Then finding proper matches becomes a bit hard usually these matches are either about hax or who one shots other first. In this case scenario you can't restrict anything. The best you can do is find an proper opponent

In case if a character has an higher tier attack with prep time then it should be specified by the op that the certain character has prep time and can use the said attack.

also in these you will use a characters normal tiers not whatever they have with an certain attack on technique (unless that technique is more akin to a transformation like kaioken) or preparation. Then state wheather you are restricting the higher tier technique or not.

then why did

godly charmander say this

i meant as in they both start the fight with their low 7-B techniques. (since i said they both are low 7-B so they should immediately start with their strongest attacks)
Huh? So Naruto has a Rasengan ready, and Meruem is using Ko in a random part of his body?

No, you can't do that. Use their High 7-C keys, they go up to Low 7-B during battle.

also so you said this

so if ultron is 4-A with prep time

even if i say both are 4-A for both him and his opponent. (if i don't say he has prep time then he basically can't use his 4-A attack in the battle instantly) it's not like he already has prep even if i say he's 4-A.

am i right.

Because high 7-C is their normal tiers they go up to low 7-B with a technique

The problem with this is Ultron himself isn't 4-A only it's ap is

so what should i do if i say 4-A for ultron in a match.

Is there anything wrong with making both characters at their highest.

technique is an attack/AP.

what's wrong with using them at their highest and saying they start with their strongest attack which gives them that AP (does it violate any rules)

Because Ultron isn't 4-A. He is 4-B normally it's just that certain attack of his that is 4-A.

so if you say/want to use 4-A ultron.

you must say that he has prep time in the OP.

Is this the same with any character that needs preparation to unleash something similar like ultron even if it doesn't mention preptime?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vitiate (like this guy who's 3-C because of a prep time attack even though it doesn't say with preparation on the tier part)

also you didn't answer this

what's wrong with using them at their highest and saying they start with their strongest attack which gives them that AP (does it violate any rules)

this is the part that worries me.

so if you say/want to use 4-A ultron.

you must say that he has prep time in the OP.
You can also just state the normal teir and that you are allowing the 4-A attack same applies to vitiate

this is the part that worries me.
Their is no rule against it (at least I don't think their is). But it can be somewhat confusing since the characters themselves aren't of that tier only their certain attack or technique is. Meaning they can't output the same damage without it. Or tank anything close to that amount.

You can also just state the normal teir and that you are allowing the 4-A attack same applies to vitiate

Their is no rule against it (at least I don't think their is). But it can be somewhat confusing since the characters themselves aren't of that tier only their certain attack or technique is. Meaning they can't output the same damage without it. Or tank anything close to that amount.

like this?

notice how Elizabeth is 2-C attack/technique.

I didn't do anything wrong right?

same thing with this?

i mean i could have not said anything and just use SBA since they only have one key.

but do you mind that i just picked saying both are 8-C (harry's that because of attacks and techniques)

i mean i could have also said Rem was 8-B. (that's a attack above her Durability) nothing wrong right?

like this?

notice how Elizabeth is 2-C attack/technique.

I didn't do anything wrong right?

same thing with this?

i mean i could have not said anything and just use SBA since they only have one key.

but do you mind that i just picked saying both are 8-C (harry's that because of attacks and techniques)

i mean i could have also said Rem was 8-B. (that's a attack above her Durability) nothing wrong right?
It's fine again their is no rule against any of this. It's more of a choice. something you can do. if you want too. As I stated previously what I am telling you is an opinion not an fact

It's fine again their is no rule against any of this. It's more of a choice. something you can do. if you want too. As I stated previously what I am telling you is an opinion not an fact

okay so the meruem vs naruto thing he said

i wasn't doing anything against the rules.

it was really just to make things fair basically. (is that what godlycharmander was really trying to say?)

I think yeah

okay so why certain ones can't be like what you said.

for example

harry potter is 9-B but can be 8-C with magic.

but why in this case you can't just say 9-B harry potter and he can't use magic.

maybe i'm wrong rez but why do certain ones are something like that?

if that happens. should i not worry? (because someone can point that out right and i can fix it)?

people can always help me if i make a mistake like that? (but how should i know on my own?)

also you read the entire thread right? (i meant the meruem vs naruto one that i gave you a link too in this thread)

so you understand everything i'm saying

i was also thinking if a character has multiple kinds of equipment, attack/techniques, or weapons.

can you say in the OP which attack/weapon/equipment/technique they start with?

or is that not allowed? (i mean like if there's a case where a dude is vulnerable to explosions and you say this character starts with his explosive gun) is that bias or whatever

also i don't think you can write in the OP which set of actions they will be doing.

i guess it's like a dude is vulnerable to explosions and then freezing.

And then you say in the OP. that my character will start with his explosive attack and then his freezing attack.

so i guess you can't write a certain set of actions they will be performing.

i was also thinking if a character has multiple kinds of equipment, attack/techniques, or weapons.

can you say in the OP which attack/weapon/equipment/technique they start with?
Their are actually some rules regarding standard and optional equipments. You can't restrict standard equipment (unless it changes tiers I believe). But you can choose if you want to give a character access to any of their optinal equipment or not.
also i don't think you can write in the OP which set of actions they will be doing.

i guess it's like a dude is vulnerable to explosions and then freezing.

And then you say in the OP. that my character will start with his explosive attack and then his freezing attack.

so i guess you can't write a certain set of actions they will be performing.
What a character does in a vs battle depends upon what they do in character you can't control their course of action unless you bloodlust a character. If you do so, then the bloodlusted character is considered to take the quickest and the most optimal course of action towards their victory.

Their are actually some rules regarding standard and optional equipments. You can't restrict standard equipment (unless it changes tiers I believe). But you can choose if you want to give a character access to any of their optinal equipment or not.

i didn't say restrict or anything i meant.

i meant they still have their standard equipment and stuff but it goes like this

suppose this character has multiple attacks.

he summons swords for one of them to attack.

another he freezes his enemies

another he blows people up.

"i was also thinking if a character has multiple kinds of equipment, attack/techniques, or weapons.

can you say in the OP which attack/weapon/equipment/technique they start with?"

this is meant to say.

like i say in the OP, The character will start with his summoning sword attack. (he has three attacks as mentioned but i say in the OP that he will start with his summoning sword one.

it's the same with weapons.

he has a gun, a sword, a knife, and a axe (i didn't say restrict anything but)

i say in the OP (that he starts using his gun first)

now do you understand what i'm saying.

I just say in the OP what attack/weapon/technique/possibly equipment I want him to start with. (i didn't restrict anything at all)

i meant they still have their standard equipment and stuff but it goes like this

"i was also thinking if a character has multiple kinds of equipment, attack/techniques, or weapons.

this is meant to say.

like i say in the OP, The character will start with his summoning sword attack. (he has three attacks as mentioned but i say in the OP that he will start with his summoning sword one.
Oh idk about that

this is meant to say.

Weapon yes, but powers? Nah

i said does that apply to attacks as well.

you can't say what attack they start with.

though bern

pain said this was fine that rock lee started with the 4th gate. (just wondering if this is something similar to the question you answered ago?
I do belive amps are a different case, they are allowed to start with it, we always see it in Naruto matches, Goku matches, SDS matches etc

I do belive amps are a different case, they are allowed to start with it, we always see it in Naruto matches, Goku matches, SDS matches etc

okay but unless it's a weapon you can't say what attack they start with as well.

am i right you already said that you can't say what power they start with

does the same apply to attacks

as well as techniques?

I think techniques that works similar to transformations are exceptions

but excluding that in general it's no.

and same with attacks. (you answered techniques but not attacks)

and i noticed that i forget this question.

for example

but why in this case you can't just say 9-B harry potter and he can't use magic.

if that happens. should i not worry? (because someone can point that out right and i can fix it)?

people can always help me if i make a mistake like that? (but how should i know on my own?)

but excluding that in general it's no.

and same with attacks. (you answered techniques but not attacks)

and i noticed that i forget this question.

for example

the bottom part question is basically why can't i restrict certain tiers.

like sometimes someone is 8-C but 6-C with a attack or something. you can restrict it.

and sometimes someone is 10-C but has higher attack or something like 8-B and you can't restrict it?

so how to know when something can be restricted and something can't

also some people have standard equipment yet sometimes their standard equipment can be restricted which doesn't make sense. so when do you know when some characters can have their standard equipment restricted (they have no optional equipment btw)

this is meant to say.

Yes.

oh hi apex.

just wondering if you agree with rez

that any attack that is higher than the normal tier/ap/durability of a character. (if it requires a large amount of prep time to pull off)

you must say that the character has prep time if you want them to use it instantly right.

aka 4-B (4-A) with prep

or 4-B (3-C) with some ritual but it requires prep (it didn't say prep on the tier but on the bottom it said it was a complex ritual so i guess it took time)

so whenever you put them against someone who is naturally either 4-A or 3-C

you must say they have prep time (if you say 4-A or 3-C for both. it does not automatically mean they all already have it on the GO, if you know what i mean?)

Back