• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack Potency Scaling Issues [Multiple Verses]

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
There is an issue with the AP justifications of a number of profiles that simply don't have good reason to be rated the way they are.

Examples of such include:

Superman (DCAU): His power should be comparable to his durability

Iron Man (MCU): His suits power should be comparable to its own durability

Thor (MCU): Should be comparable to his durability

Saber (Gawain): Should be comparable to his own durability

Samus Ara: Should be comparable to her own durability

Morel Mackernasey: His power should be comparable to his durability

These are not reasons for a character's Attack Potency to be rated the way they are. It's like giving a character a Lifting Strength value of 100 tons because "They should be that strong".

If a character actually has a reason that can be put down for why their AP should be that high, that's great. I'm not trying to downgrade them. But if there is no reason for it, then at the least they should be changed to Unknow until a suitable justification and rating can be found.

I'm sure there are more examples of this out there, if anyone can inform me of others, I'd appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure their AP comes from harming opponents who could harm them.

@Sir Ovens; that's not what their profiles say, which is what this thread is about.

I can say for certain this is the case for Superman, Iron Man, and Thor. Can't speak on the others tho.

Oven is correct.

But yeah, it should be made more clear.

Yeah this is some poor justification writing. If they hurt themselves, it should say so. If they're able to hurt people who hurt them, it should also say so.

Is a common practice to rise someone Durability to its AP level (something that I'm just partially agree); although, if performed through physical means (like Enhanced Strength), one would expect to have the "likely" in the description.

@Antoniofer; yes, but this thread is about the opposite of that which is a problem.

Huh, I expected it to be way worse

Either way yeah

Ok then, I'm fine with changing the ratings to Unknown to profiles with similar justification.

Just gonna say Gawain has B+ END and B+ STR so he should be comparable to his durability. That justification is technically correct, just could be worded better

Can anyone write out some justifications for the characters listed in the OP?

Sir Ovens said:
I'm pretty sure their AP comes from harming opponents who could harm them.
This is correct, yes.

Back