• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack Potency, Problems and Clarifications (Staff only)

I request the calculation group or anyone trusted to evaluate calcs like the calculation group to take a look at the naruto forum chart values and verify if the numbers are accurate to our own chart.

I think the problem of sourcing should be solved as soon as possible and then we can discuss any potential changes to the questionable borders.

I would also like DontTalkDT, Assaltwaffle, Kaltias, and all the calculation group members to do their best to properly evaluate this issue, as it is important for the wiki.

Have you asked all of them to comment here?

I asked them before...do I have to separate call them here again?

It wouldn't hurt to remind them. You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Would it be okay if I just ask a few members instead? Such as Donttalk, Assalt, Kal and a few calc group members?

If you wish, sure. Executor is also a skilled mathematician, so he might be able to help.

Thank you. As long as you are skilled in mathematics and/or physics, help is obviously appreciated.

So far, I'm okay with Cin's ideas for new Tier 7 sizes. Not sure what method to use to calculate the energy yield of each though, I think non-nuclear explosions would work though.

No idea what to do with Tier 9 or 8 stuff.

If you want something done do it yourself, true saying

Using Donttalk's formula and putting in the baselines given in our chart, I got the following results

Small Building

0.28*(0.005/1000)^0.33=4.98

Diameter is approx 9.8 m

But the NarutoForum chart says it is 8m

Building

0.28*(0.25/1000)^0.33=18.13

Diameter is approx 36.2 m

But the NF chart says it is 23m

Large Building

0.28*(2/1000)^0.33=36m

Diameter is approx 72m

But the NF chart says it is 56m

City Block

0.28*(11/1000)^0.33=63m

Diameter is approx 126m

But the NF chart says it is 167m

Town, City and Country were listed as 5.8 kilotons, 6.3 megatons and 7 teratons respectively which lines up with our own values. So things are looking fine on that front.

While the numbers are different, they also aren't exactly worlds apart. Can someone explain to what's responsible for these discrepencies?

@Andytrenom

Thank you for the help. You can ask DontTalkDT and Executor N0 to take a look at your values.

Following the same idea of finding real values that are consistent with what was presented as used here:

• Building: 18.13 meters is roughly equivalent to the height of a 6-storey residence, using this as a reference to the value. It also seems to me to be a coherent value.
  • Large Building: Using the same idea as the previous ones, it would be equivalent to 12 floors.
  • City Block: This would be an area of 12468.9812 m┬▓. Searching for City block values, I did not find one with an area equivalent to what we have, in fact it is a very specific value (Approximately 111x111). In fact, the value we have is very intermediate, not much higher than the smaller City Blocks, but it's not much smaller than the larger City Blocks. It seems to be a good intermediate value, but it's not like we have exactly one comparative in the Real World to use as a basis.
Interestingly, the Narutoforums table uses an area value with a source, but it differs from the values we use. And this really is weird, because the values we use are the same as OBD/Narutoforums. I wonder if there is any difference in the method or the calculator that was used.

Anyway, we are trying to find real values that approximate what we have already used, right? The thread is so large that I'm not sure what the most current decision is.

Our first step is to try to find approximations for what we currently use, to use as a reference, yes.

After that we can try to find new and better values, and place them in a list, but we obviously cannot start any major wiki revisions without a sufficiently large number of staff members helping out.

OBD/NarutoForums used fragmentation values for the Tier 9 to Tier 8 stuff rather than nuking values.

I think the chart can be used for justifying Town, City and Country level.

But what are we to do about the discrepant values?

You can message all of the current calc group members, along with DontTalkDT, Assaltwaffle, and Kaltias, to remind them that it would be appreciated if they help out with this.

Back