• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack on Titan discussion thread

I mean it is true, Eren's character received a major retcon from this chapter, as shown above, it doesn't ruin the whole experience, but it does lessen the series effects.

And now i'm wondering, why the fans didn't stop Isayama for changing the original ending to this ending back in the day he said that? Now look what we got

The direction Isayama went is extremely feasible. The chapter isn't perfect, but their character directions aren't impossible at all.
The mistake is that Isayama did it in one chapter.

I'm also not sure if AoT fans are just memeing or they seriously believe Eren turned into a bird. I keep seeing it everywhere, it's honestly becoming a way to tell everyone that the fandom isn't exactly intelligent.

The direction Isayama went is extremely feasible. The chapter isn't perfect, but their character directions aren't impossible at all.
The mistake is that Isayama did it in one chapter.

I'm also not sure if AoT fans are just memeing or they seriously believe Eren turned into a bird. I keep seeing it everywhere, it's honestly becoming a way to tell everyone that the fandom isn't exactly intelligent.
Just like their joke tastes: MONKE and DRIP

This last chapter sucks! Eren didn't even destroy a planet, where are my feats?!? /s
This reminds me when I was scrolling through WWW and saw some Eren threads with a guy trying to convince everyone that Eren is a time-travelling, omnipotent reality-warping demon. Yhwach and Goku stood zero chance.

their fave manga who being a butcher house turned into a happy place in the end, if anything this is the readers fault
Lol, it is only a happy ending for Armin and his friends, the war is not over, it is imminent and will end with one of the two sides exterminated, also Paradise is now a fascist state and Mikasa, even after 3 years of Eren's death, she still not able to get over it.

I don't really understand why people kept on complaining about Mikasa (it increasingly feels like these people has never been in a relationship before lol, and not paying attention at the same time).

Mikasa's character is not and has never been about her loving and unloving Eren. It's about her being a slave to her feelings for Eren and doing anything and everything for Eren's sake. Mikasa killing Eren in spite of her personal feelings and desire, Mikasa choosing to do the right thing, even if it's at the cost of the most important thing in her life. That's the point where she becomes truly free.

It might be nice if she moved on but still retaining her feelings for a man whom she loved for the majority of her life, 3 years after his death, does not in any way ruin her character.

Lol, it is only a happy ending for Armin and his friends, the war is not over, it is imminent and will end with one of the two sides exterminated, also Paradise is now a fascist state and Mikasa, even after 3 years of Eren's death, she still not able to get over it.
Frick, kinda screwed up there lel

Hmmm, then maybe a butcher house to moment of relief after escaped from it (long, i know)

Pretty sure that's just symbolism, like Eren being finally free or something

Anyway despite my clowning of Eren, I love how this ended and I genuinely felt sad for Eren. It’s heartbreaking to the point where I almost cried. It truly is tragic but the AOT fans are crying because Eren isn’t the CHAD they thought he was. People seem to forget that Eren is basically still a kid and not a full grown adult.

The only things i really (i mean REALLY) love in the last chapter was my best girls Rico and Hitch are still alive, Onyakopon is still cool as ever, and Connie FINALLY GOT HIS HAIR GREW OMFG

So multiple leakers agree on what is added in the volume's extended ending, and boy it is spicy. It basicly nullifies much of the arguments in defense of the ending, though some of the additions properly makes an improvement (still think the ending is overall terrible)... what happens at the end of the extended final chapter and what it implies is hard to defend.

Mikasa talking with Ymir's apparition is shown. We are shown that the king died from a spear (assuming no changes to the past are made, this means that Ymir didn't bother sacrificing herself for him in the real history. So Ymir is retconned to have stopped being a slave long ago? Maybe Ymir saw a what-if scenario?).

Timeskip where Mikasa visits Eren's grave with a child and husband (who is said to look like Jean, but it is unconfirmed. RIP Eren).

Timeskip where granny Mikasa visits Eren's grave with a big family that includes grandkids. She is on a wheel chair and still wears her scarf.

Timeskip where Paradis, which now has multistory concrete buildings, is destroyed by bombs.

A child who looks like Mikasa is traveling with a walking stick and travel bag, and the tree next to Eren's grave becomes a large tree similar to the one Ymir entered, and inside it the hallucigenia that gives Titan powers is found (uh oh, sequel bait. I'd like to call it "Beren: Next Generation", but the kid is actually unrelated to Eren lol).

There is also a bonus highschool AU chapter, where Eren/Armin/Mikasa look-alikes argue about the ending of a final movie in a franchise they watched, with Armin being disappointed for the mysteries not being explained. Armin says that he got more convinced the ending is unsatisfactory after reading websites that analyze the series. Mikasa explains that maybe the author intended some things to be ambiguous and open to interpretation, and maybe he intended the ending to be concise and try to make us relate to flawed people. When Eren is asked about his opinion he says that if there is a sequel they should watch it together, but it is unbelievable that Titans would roam the Earth a 100 years ago. Armin says that it is hard to say how much of the movie is historically accurate. Mikasa says that it would be nice if the three childhood friends in the movie were real (a bit too much on the nose. Also, sequel bait!)

(Imo, Isayama tried to combine aspects from multiple possible endings and created an even worse ending as a result.)

So multiple leakers agree on what is added in the volume's extended ending, and boy it is spicy. It basicly nullifies much of the arguments in defense of the ending, though some of the additions properly makes an improvement (still think the ending is overall terrible)... what happens at the end of the extended final chapter and what it implies is hard to defend.
TBH, I dunno how I feel about this

It just makes me feel like the bad execution of 139 was intentional lol

I no longer really expected the ending to be anywhere near the fandom's expectations because it's gonna be extremely rushed. I feel like I would've preferred an ambiguous ending over the hot mess Yams did.

People trash the sequel possibility but the majority of the fandom will watch Beren anyways.

I haven't seen the panels yet so I'm unsure, but I think it was made apparent that Mikasa still loved Eren so if she hasn't really moved on it just leaves a sour taste on my mouth that Mikasa had a family just because.

It just makes me feel like the bad execution of 139 was intentional lol

I no longer really expected the ending to be anywhere near the fandom's expectations because it's gonna be extremely rushed. I feel like I would've preferred an ambiguous ending over the hot mess Yams did.

People trash the sequel possibility but the majority of the fandom will watch Beren anyways.

I haven't seen the panels yet so I'm unsure, but I think it was made apparent that Mikasa still loved Eren so if she hasn't really moved on it just leaves a sour taste on my mouth that Mikasa had a family just because.
That last bit is what I’m really unsure about

That last bit is what I’m really unsure about
If we're taking what the leakers said at face value, it's absolute trash. Mikasa having a family only works for her character if she actually moved on from Eren. The fact that the only scenes we ever see her family is when they're visiting her first love's grave while she wears the scarf he gave him just accentuates that she always loved Eren till the day she died.
I mean, if I was her husband maybe I would be happy just getting to bone Mikasa, but I'm not sure how it must feel to the guy (or if it's actually Jean) to know that Mikasa would probably behead you too in a heartbeat if it means Eren would come back to life. Like, they kept visiting a grave that apparently has something that basically says "Mikasa's True Love Forever and Ever" engraved on it.

trash ending in my opinion, I remember how I was upset and mad the day the manga ended, I have been reading it for 4-5 years just for this stupid ending, tbh sometimes I regret the moment I started reading it lmao

trash ending in my opinion, I remember how I was upset and mad the day the manga ended, I have been reading it for 4-5 years just for this stupid ending, tbh sometimes I regret the moment I started reading it lmao
Tch, you and Neo are one of the said "fans" then

Probably the worse thing out of all these is that Paradis was actually implied to have been destroyed in the end.

It just completely undermines everything that has happened. Not that that happening would've been bad in of itself, but the way the story went on its last chapters just made the entire thing really, really bad. The sequel bait is a cherry on top that's actually a nuke in disguise if it actually happens.

Looks like a Boruto-type sequel is in the plans for sure. And from the 2 leaks, either Mikasa's grandkid or modern day reincarnation trio could be MCs of the sequel.

Also that last part just reminds me of Demon Slayer reincarnation ending and I don't reallt like that type of stuff. If you want to give your characters a happy ending, just do it. No need to pull the reincarnation card.

Honestly i know how much disappointed you guys are, it just that being regret readed it was kind of too disrespectful, if its the result then shouldn't readed it from the first place

And note that i didn't mean a fights or whatsoever, i'm just tired with all the crap Isayama get, he's still a human

Honestly i know how much disappointed you guys are, it just that being regret readed it was kind of too disrespectful, if its the result then shouldn't readed it from the first place

And note that i didn't mean a fights or whatsoever, i'm just tired with all the crap Isayama get, he's still a human
Not sure what you're trying to say. Nobody can anticipate a story to have a shit ending, especially something that lasted for an entire decade. You can't regret doing something before doing it.

Has there anyone who has actually shat on Isayama in this thread? This discussion is pretty chill compared to places like titanfolk. I think your frustration is misplaced.

Back