• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine.

Given the presented arguments, even if I still disagree with many of them, I will concede to lightning bending being accepted as natural lightning in speed per wiki standards.

Fine.

Given the presented arguments, even if I still disagree with many of them, I will concede to lightning bending being accepted as natural lightning in speed per wiki standards.
Ey bud least we can gimp RWBY for their aim dodging MHS feat, and also grab more feats that are anti feats for MHS

I won't be surprised if this turned out to upgrade ATLA from MHS to MHS+ when this is meant to downgrade their speed lol
That would be hilarious

But I believe the original intent of the thread was to get the verse to use actually accepted calcs, it just seemed like that would always result in a downgrade
of course the low tiers are still getting Obliterated

Wouldn't the third feat have to be accepted by the calc group first, then we can use the lightning speed feat for the second one?
You prob know my answer. The one that upgrades the verse to MH+, lol. Also, you put the wrong video for the third link.
Well on a more thoughtful note.

All of these would only scale to the high/god tier characters, as nobody scales to those feats outside of them

All of these would only scale to the high/god tier characters, as nobody scales to those feats outside of them
I'm pretty sure we don't have any profiles of the low tier characters except for Sokka, lol. And even then, everyone in the verse seems to be around the same level speed-wise, where even nonbender equalists could catch Korra off-guard. There are some particularly agile characters like Azula and Kuvira though.

I guess the second one, with the third one being used as a supporting feat. After they gets evaluated of course.

Also now I fully agree with Lightningbending fitting our standards for being equal to cloud-to-ground lightning. That quote where Zuko calls it real lightning is pretty unambiguous.

They all don't really seem that different of an increase from their book variants besides either improving their bending or aang on the other hand getting new elements, so there shouldn't be a problem with them all being MHS+

I agree that the original calc is bad, disagree lightning bending not being the same speed as lightning.

The main issue is the redirecting part. The only time we see them interact with a natural source in ATLA and Korra is them pulling the energy towards them in an unnatural way, which wouldn't require MHS+ speed.

It can be accepted, but it can also be considered an outlier if has consistency issues. Like with Electro from Spectacular Spider-Man

None of those wouldn't actually be an anti feat tbf, just absences of feats.

Anyway yeah I agree with using the new calc for MHS+ Avatar.

Last edited:
Well, everyone else seems to be comparable in speed with other benders, typically Ty Lee keeping up with Katara or Equalists keeping up with other benders in question

Well, everyone else seems to be comparable in speed with other benders, typically Ty Lee keeping up with Katara or Equalists keeping up with other benders in question
Yeah, but there was the issue with say Toph and her Seismic Sense.

While I disagree with the downgrade, I do think this point in particular may be good enough to suggest we should do better to look at the scaling of all the characters before we just scale them all to each other.

Yeah, but there was the issue with say Toph and her Seismic Sense.

While I disagree with the downgrade, I do think this point in particular may be good enough to suggest we should do better to look at the scaling of all the characters before we just scale them all to each other.
Fair

By the way I know this is off topic, but since this has actually gathered decent attention from more knowledgeable avatar users, I wanted to also point out that I’d like someone to either help me with evaluating an old calc done for the Ocean Spirit, or recalc it’s feat again.

The moon / ocean spirits have feats that may be able to upgrade Korra, Unalaq, Raava and Vaatu, and I tried getting attention drawn to it sometime ago but it failed.

There is case by case in mind, and Airbenders are usually the most agile/mobile on average even if they have the least raw power with Earthbenders being the opposite. Stuff like full moon and Sozen's comet also tend to increase reflexes as well as power, then again, it's consistent for non-benders to keep up with benders in speed; in raw power is a different story. Just look at Ty Lee and Suki

I see what Kukui is trying to do and that some characters are legit faster than others, but there is still quite a bit of consistency when it comes to the combat speed of the cast and most have similar ballparks and what not.

Agreed with Medeus; some attacks are faster then others, but generally everyone is in the same ballpark when it comes to reaction and combat speed. There is that feat of Korra flying and activating the avatar state to use it as a speed boost to help her dodge Kuvira's laser. But other times, unamped benders can react to the avatar state, so the AS is inconsistent.

Agreed with Medeus; some attacks are faster then others, but generally everyone is in the same ballpark when it comes to reaction and combat speed. There is that feat of Korra flying and activating the avatar state to use it as a speed boost to help her dodge Kuvira's laser. But other times, unamped benders can react to the avatar state, so the AS is inconsistent.

rock-one-eyebrow-raised-rock-staring.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back