• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AtLA Revisions

Originally proposed by real cal howard. The following changes in regards to AP will be made.

AP Upgrades

There are two feats that I found to be interesting. First is pissed Katara stopping rai (the Southern Raiders) and Sozin calming a volcano (The Avatar and the Firelord). The latter was already calced by KK to be City Block level, and I forget if it was with a plus or not. Sozin was already old at the time, and needed the comet to do some serious damage.
This feat should scale to the top tiers of the verse, like the firelords, avatars, Old Masters, and peak Toph. Other feat still needs to be calced, but it should likely scale to all benders in general. Katara, while strong, isn't incredibly special. Final one would be Ghazan's suicide attack. That again would only scale to top tiers.
Durability Upgrades

From the first two feats, we'd get durability, as those who scale used non-lethal attacks and people survived them. The durability section in general is a little wonky. I don't see how the avatar state and shields don't boost proportionally. Every time it was defeated, there was a reason to it. Azula ignored durability and messed with Aangs insides (albeit unintentionally). Korra was poisoned when fighting Zaheer.
Any suggestions for revisions in AP? Thoughts would be appreciated.

I will copy paste my comment from the other thread:

Firebending is different that the other elements in the sense that the bender usually creates the element instead of manipulating like the others do.

Here is the volcano calc which resulted in 21 tons of TNT.And here is another calc for the firebending during Sozin's comet which isn't an outlier anymore since we've found some feats closer to its value.

It should be noted though that powerscaling between different kind of benders should be avoided since each element functions differently.

Aiden also did a few calc here , and Bumi has a Building level feat himself .

So my suggestions are:

Elite firebenders - City Block level

Avatar Aang at his peak - City Block level

Korra - ? (not sure, it will depend on how the upgrades affect the characters she fough since it seems that she gets defeated/mached a lot)

Elite Waterbenders - Wall to Large Building level depending on the amount of water they have at their disposal

Earth benders - At least Building level (I'm pretty sure Toph has a couple of feats that can put her higher than that)

Airbenders - ? (Their feats are mostly around Wall level so we need to search for feats)

The physical durability of the characters is around Wall level but they have shields which will be upgraded accordingly.

This would affect only their AP, and not their striking strength, correct (meaning that their striking strength should be Wall level, matching their base durability).

Also, where would Zaheer fit in all of this?

It depends on wether we count their bending as Striking strength or only their physical strength.

Zaheer is an airbender and i don't really remember him having any notable feats (he usually doesn't rely that much on pure strength rather than evading his opponents hits, bypassing their defences and then striking).So it would probably be better to find some airbending feats.

I believe their bending counts as striking strength since that's the way the character is known how to fight if not you could also use a separate key

Zaheer was able to throw off balance and damage a poisoned Avatar State Korra and it also took a combined airbending tornado in which he was able to survive those harsh winds, and was only taken down when korra slammed him to the ground with a chain

Anyone that can directly tank a full powered bending attack (especially Earthbending, where rocks are literally hurled at the opponent) from major benders in the series without their shields active should have their durability scale to their AP, and their Striking tSrength by extension.

For example, this is an example of Aang's striking strength, where he kicked a section of an entire cliff with a kick.

Perhaps AP = striking strength in this case.

So, the proposed changes will be made regarding the AtLA verse, based off of Kka's suggestions.

Now, not really sure where to place their striking strength, I don't think firebenders were that much more powerful compared to other forms of benders physically, from what I remember.

Permission to bump. The stat changes proposed are:

For elite firebenders

For elite waterbenders

For elite earthbenders

Now for their striking strength. Is it correct to conclude that Firebenders in general are stronger physically compared to characters that specialize in other bending styles?

I am unsure about Aang and Korra at the moment. We know that when Aang went into the Avatar State he completely overwhelmed Ozai, who is arguably the strongest firebender at that time however.

I am also unsure if Iroh should be rated stronger than the other members of the White Lotus (King Bumi, Jeong Jeong, and Pakku) in terms of both AP and striking strength, as all four members of the White Lotus seemed to be comparable to one another, by feats...

Can you remind me of the basis for the suggested statistics changes please?

I just wrote down the suggested changes based on Kkapoios' post. The relevant calculations regarding the changes should be in his blog somewhere...

Okay. Sorry. I am distracted by lots of different tasks at once.

I suppose that the changes should probably be fine then.

Just need to make absolutely sure which characters would get the scaling from the proposals, however.

Also want to make sure if the feats/calcs for the Avatar-verse are correct, especially King Bumi's feat where he lifts a giant rock?

Firebending definitely doesn't powerscale to Striking Strength.

Aang kicking a cliff, Bumi lifting a rock are results of Earthbending so again it doesn't powerscale to their Striking/Lifting Strength on a physical level.

Why would the members of the White lotus be comparable in power?Yes most of them are elite benders (except Sokka's teacher who is just a swordsman) and they is no powerscalin evidence (aka fights between them or other people who have fough at least 2 members of the white lotus).Not to mention that only the specific members of the Lotus have shown to be impressive, in legend of korra they were completely useless.

From what i remember Zaheer's battle with Korra was more of him running around and no direct confrontation.

You would need to apply a specific amount of kinetic energy to kick those boulders/cliffs at a certain speed.

I feel like a calc on Toph holding up the entirety of the Wan Shi Tong Library for an extended period of time would give impressive numbers it was huge and she prevented it from sinking, I mean it's based on the Taj Mahal and that weighs 2.5 x 10^15 kg, the highest point of the main building + dome is 90 meters energy of it falling would be

U = mgh = (2.5 x 10^15 kg)(9.81 m/s^2)(90 meters) = 2.2 x 10^18 joules

Back